Best Buy -- Buy 1 Get 1 free on select PC games (puzzle games, etc...nothing modern)

Be careful with Painkiller as what's "Special" about it is it might not be the full game. I'm not sure, but I've seen some of those bargin games like that with words like "Special" in the title that are basically a demo for the full game (but most of the time titles sold like that are the full game-unfortunately Best Buy doesn't list the full description from the package).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Be careful with Painkiller as what's "Special" about it is it might not be the full game. I'm not sure, but I've seen some of those bargin games like that with words like "Special" in the title that are basically a demo for the full game (but most of the time titles sold like that are the full game-unfortunately Best Buy doesn't list the full description from the package).[/QUOTE]

That is correct. The "Special" edition is only the first three levels.

[quote name='Scrubsy']There are a few gems

Painkiller
The Ship

Wait...Thats it.[/QUOTE]

Come on, now - there's a bit more than that. Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe and Civ III Gold are both great games, and Bejeweled is a lot of fun, though completely worthless if you've already got Puzzle Quest (which I'd imagine a good chunk of us do).

I'll make a huge plug for Crazy Machines.

If you know what I mean when I say "Rube Goldberg" or you're excited by games like Little Big Planet, you owe it to yourself to check out this game. My seven year old son, my five year old daughter, and I played it for weeks. Even my wife found it enjoyable. It's physics based puzzles and level creating/sharing at its best.

And Axis & Allies isn't the worst buy for $5. It's not the board game by any means, but a decent enough RTS for the money (but not a penny more).

I actually thought Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None was a really good adventure game.
It got about average scores(By that I mean around 5/10s not 7/10)
But I thought it was enjoyable if you like that genre.

Are you guys kidding about the pain killer thing? Is it really only 3 levels? I was thinking about getting that and ether Civ 3 or roller coaster tycoon...

This is from wiki:
"The Painkiller Special edition has slightly different features which include 12 levels from the original game. No multiplayer was included in this version. It does, however, show its award winning features on the front case like PC Gaming World Game of the Year, Game Informer game of the month and Gamespy's editor's choice."

How many levels were in the original game? i don't mind losing out on multiplayer, i doubt i would even try it out.

[quote name='inubu']I'll make a huge plug for Crazy Machines.

If you know what I mean when I say "Rube Goldberg" or you're excited by games like Little Big Planet, you owe it to yourself to check out this game. My seven year old son, my five year old daughter, and I played it for weeks. Even my wife found it enjoyable. It's physics based puzzles and level creating/sharing at its best.[/QUOTE]
Is it similar to The Incredible Machine series?

[quote name='Damian']Is it similar to The Incredible Machine series?[/QUOTE]

Same idea. The focus in Crazy Machines is more physics-based in its items and puzzles (balls, pulleys, electric motors, bombs, levers), with fewer cats, bananas, and baboons, like you find in the Incredible Machine games. (Edit: Baboons/Cats don't show up until the "The Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions" edition. Sorry for the confusion.)

I concur with the warnings surrounding the Painkiller "Special" edition. In my case I actually fell for the listing and ordered the game on Best Buy online. When I got the game and saw on the box that is was not even the complete single-player campaign, I immediately went to my local Best Buy and got a refund.

[quote name='inubu']Same idea. The focus in Crazy Machines is more physics-based in its items and puzzles (balls, pulleys, electric motors, bombs, levers), with fewer cats, bananas, and baboons, like you find in the Incredible Machine games.[/QUOTE]
I don't know that I recall any cats, bananas or baboons in TIM. :) Anyway, that's close enough for me to try it out, thanks.

In for Scrabble and Word Mania for my dad for father's day. Finally we can rid ourselves of his 1995 Scrabble disk that has outlasted 3 PCs.

Rollercoaster Tycoon Gold is a great deal. I bought it last time they had B1G1 free since I have no idea where my RCT 1 disc or the expansion pack discs are. It has the main game and both expansion packs plus some real parks there were previously available as downloads (only parks in Europe though)

Would love to pick up some cheap casual-type stuff.
If only I knew what 'list' of games this applied to :wall:

Assuming it's dead...

bread's done
Back