Best Buy - Buy 1 PS3 game, get 1 50% off - starting 9/6/09

chuckywang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on PS3 games at BestBuy.com

Buy Any PS3 Game $59.99 or less and get a SECOND PS3 game 50% off
Titles shown:$59.99
Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty WaW, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5

$49.99
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Street Fighter IV

$29.99
Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sardines']it happened to me...[/QUOTE]
Only time I can probably get to Best Buy is Sunday... but I'm pretty sure this sale is over by then.

I could also do it online, but there wouldn't be human error there. :bomb:

[quote name='Casteor']Only time I can probably get to Best Buy is Sunday... but I'm pretty sure this sale is over by then.

I could also do it online, but there wouldn't be human error there. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Only computer error. And that is so much easier to exploit.

[quote name='polishpride212']Only computer error. And that is so much easier to exploit.[/QUOTE]
I was keeping it simple...

Why do people always have to make things so complicated? :applause:

at the vegas bb on rainbow i got blazblue and sonics ultimate genesis collection for $15(can anyone give me any feedback on these two titles?) i'm really thinking about bringing back the genesis collection and getting uncharted because i've been hearing good reviews about it. thanks in advance.

[quote name='jimivegas']at the vegas bb on rainbow i got blazblue and sonics ultimate genesis collection for $15(can anyone give me any feedback on these two titles?) i'm really thinking about bringing back the genesis collection and getting uncharted because i've been hearing good reviews about it. thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Well Uncharted is a great action adventure with a good story, some puzzle solving and fun. The genesis collection is just that, a collection of old genesis games. I think its an amazing collection but what do you want to play more?

On another note, i picked up Metal Gear Solid 4 and Ratchet and Clank: ToD for $48 total after tax. Only 1 store in all of San Diego had Ratchet and Clank in stock!

Might still order Dead Space and GT5: Prologue online...hmm...

I actually saw it posted on another board I frequent that you can do pre-ordered games on this deal in-store but it requires rain-checks and paperwork. If you want to do the work it might be worth it. I'm not messing with it though and I am sure it is YMMV.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I actually saw it posted on another board I frequent that you can do pre-ordered games on this deal in-store but it requires rain-checks and paperwork. If you want to do the work it might be worth it. I'm not messing with it though and I am sure it is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

hm do i just ask one of the sales reps?

[quote name='minimafiaaj']hm do i just ask one of the sales reps?[/QUOTE]

Here is the exact quote from the other site. I didn't do this myself so I can' speak to it other than just to pass it on...

Apparently they are not supposed to give you this deal on pre-orders, but I talked to a friend of mine who is a manager and they can still get them to ya. They don't like to, b/c they have to manually write out a rain-check for each game you buy. Then later, when you come to pick it up, deal with the confusion. They're excuse is that they don't want you to have to go through any b/s you don't need to. So just mention this, or pressure them and you will get your buy one get one 50% off on preorders.

Just a word to those with are saying their store is OoS of the game they want, don't go by the website's store availability. Bb.com said all the stores in my area didn't have uncharted l, but when I went to the store they had a few in the back . So just go to your store and check, or call them.

I hate it that the only BB is 60 miles away. I really don't trust some of the online prices for older titles. The last time I was there, they had Lego Indiana Jones for 19.99. On the website, they list it as clearance for 34.99. I would hate to overplay when I don't have too.

I'll take advantage of this and get the Beatles game tomorrow...only problem is I really don't know what my second game will be (I wish they would let you have preorders)

It it confirmed it wont work on preorders?

I put arkham asylum and Rock Band Beetles in my cart, and it counted arkham as the full price, and 50% off the beetles in my cart.

[quote name='brianrdm']It it confirmed it wont work on preorders?

I put arkham asylum and Rock Band Beetles in my cart, and it counted arkham as the full price, and 50% off the beetles in my cart.[/QUOTE]

They're probably allowing Beatles Rock Band because it comes out this week, while the sale is still on. I don't think it works for pre-orders coming out later.

[quote name='kearns710']Just a word to those with are saying their store is OoS of the game they want, don't go by the website's store availability. Bb.com said all the stores in my area didn't have uncharted l, but when I went to the store they had a few in the back . So just go to your store and check, or call them.[/QUOTE]

Those who follow BB regularly might already know this. However, it's worth repeating since it's not common knowledge.

I think the cutoff for "no stock" is 2-3. So if the store has only a couple left, online will likely show no stock. I normally call to check before I go any "far away" (>5 miles) BB and have them hold it.

Anyone have any luck gettin accesories in this deal?

I'd love to purchase LBP GOTY and get a Dual Shock 3 for 1/2 off.

I was trying to pick up DiRT 2 with this, but its seems that they are sold out...everywhere. I called my location and was told 16 are on order, but none are in stock.

I havent bought a game day one in a while, when do the new releases show up in the system? Are those 16 "on-order" actually the release day shipment and just havent shown up in the system yet? If I stop by tomorrow, is there a good chance that DiRT will have shown up?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I was trying to pick up DiRT 2 with this, but its seems that they are sold out...everywhere. I called my location and was told 16 are on order, but none are in stock.

I havent bought a game day one in a while, when do the new releases show up in the system? Are those 16 "on-order" actually the release day shipment and just havent shown up in the system yet? If I stop by tomorrow, is there a good chance that DiRT will have shown up?[/QUOTE]
Dirt 2 isn't technically released yet. Amazon is showing in stock on Sept. 10th, G$ is showing pre-orders ship 9/8 (today). Best Buy should have it in stores on 9/9 or 9/10. You can get Dirt 2 for this deal on the BB web site right now.

[quote name='Snap']Dirt 2 isn't technically released yet. Amazon is showing in stock on Sept. 10th, G$ is showing pre-orders ship 9/8 (today). Best Buy should have it in stores on 9/9 or 9/10. You can get Dirt 2 for this deal on the BB web site right now.[/QUOTE]

My mistake, I thought new games came out on Tuesdays with other media. I just figured that the Amazon date was an anomaly and that since GS was shipping pre-orders today, other stores would have it in stock for purchase. I scanned the weekly ads and I didnt see anything saying "available by noon on Tuesday" as it sometimes does for new releases, so I wasnt sure if games were released on a different day now (I believe Europe releases on Fridays).

Couldn't Resist this. Grabbed Uncharted and Dead Space in Store. Paid just under $53 For the two games + the new Jay Z album (Had a $5 reward zone cert).

As a side note, this site is going to be the death of my wallet. I have less time for games than at any point in my life and I just cannot resist building my collection with all these deals. My Backlog is bordering ridiculous and I know I'm going to want games coming out this fall. Maybe I need to learn to go without sleep...

[quote name='bigdbo622']Couldn't Resist this. Grabbed Uncharted and Dead Space in Store. Paid just under $53 For the two games + the new Jay Z album (Had a $5 reward zone cert).

As a side note, this site is going to be the death of my wallet. I have less time for games than at any point in my life and I just cannot resist building my collection with all these deals. My Backlog is bordering ridiculous and I know I'm going to want games coming out this fall. Maybe I need to learn to go without sleep...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, I have around a dozen games that I purchased over the summer that I haven't even thought about opening, but wanted to continue building my collection. Plus, a part of me would feel bad if I passed up a great video game deal.

I'm still on the fence about this deal, but since I just purchased a PS3 slim, I feel compelled to build up my PS3 library. The only game in this deal I'm considering is LBP GOTY, but I'm not sure if it's my kind of game or not. All the extras in the GOTY edition sound appealing though!

Will try to order Rock Band Beatles tomorrow, plus Arkham Asylum at half off... Comes out to $45 each. I thought that was pretty good.

So I get an email yesterday saying my copy of Dirt 2 will be ready to pick up today at the Brentwood store here in St. Louis. I print the email out and go to the store. I get there only to find they mispicked the order and the cashier brings out the 360 version. I wait at least 20 minutes while they try to determine if the PS3 version is in the store. The guy finally comes back and says they didn't get it today so I ask if I can have the 360 version for the same deal since it was no fault of my own and I wasted time and gas going down there thinking the game would be there. I wait at least 5 more minutes while he goes and finds a manager. He comes back and says they can't do it and I have to wait until at least tomorrow for the PS3 version to come in. I am done with that store. That's the 2nd time I have had a problem there where they've left me hanging for at least 20 minutes.

[quote name='Killbomb']So I get an email yesterday saying my copy of Dirt 2 will be ready to pick up today at the Brentwood store here in St. Louis. I print the email out and go to the store. I get there only to find they mispicked the order and the cashier brings out the 360 version. I wait at least 20 minutes while they try to determine if the PS3 version is in the store. The guy finally comes back and says they didn't get it today so I ask if I can have the 360 version for the same deal since it was no fault of my own and I wasted time and gas going down there thinking the game would be there. I wait at least 5 more minutes while he goes and finds a manager. He comes back and says they can't do it and I have to wait until at least tomorrow for the PS3 version to come in. I am done with that store. That's the 2nd time I have had a problem there where they've left me hanging for at least 20 minutes.[/QUOTE]

It looks like no stores have the ps3 version yet according to the bestbuy.com store checker. Sucks, I really wanted to pick it up today.

[quote name='brighenne']It looks like no stores have the ps3 version yet according to the bestbuy.com store checker. Sucks, I really wanted to pick it up today.[/QUOTE]

I see that now too. What bugs me is if I get an email saying the game will be available, I shouldn't have to go behind them double checking before I go to the store. I guess I do from now on. :roll:

[quote name='Killbomb']I see that now too. What bugs me is if I get an email saying the game will be available, I shouldn't have to go behind them double checking before I go to the store. I guess I do from now on. :roll:[/QUOTE]

have them mail it to you.

shipping is free right now anyway

OK so I just got batman AA and guitar hero 5 today. One rang up the normal 60 and the other 30. Now couldn't you return the $60 game and get 1 for 30? I want both games so I'm not going to, but if you can do that then best buy made a blunder because I'm sure others will.

no probably not, if u return one u gotta return them both, or if they were the same price they would probably only give u 30

No, you can't return the full price game and keep the other game for $30. You'll either need to return both games or they'll make you pay the difference.

[quote name='Tdogg2k8']have them mail it to you.

shipping is free right now anyway[/QUOTE]

The inventory guy did offer to overnight it to me for free but I don't live TOO far from there. I was just annoyed at having to wait so long for them to come to their conclusion.

[quote name='IronSerif']I'm in the same boat, I have around a dozen games that I purchased over the summer that I haven't even thought about opening, but wanted to continue building my collection. Plus, a part of me would feel bad if I passed up a great video game deal.

I'm still on the fence about this deal, but since I just purchased a PS3 slim, I feel compelled to build up my PS3 library. The only game in this deal I'm considering is LBP GOTY, but I'm not sure if it's my kind of game or not. All the extras in the GOTY edition sound appealing though![/QUOTE]

there's apparently a LBP demo coming out on this Thursday when they update the playstation store. that would still give you a couple days to get in on the deal if you like the demo - i think that's what i'm going to do.

is it possible if I buy 2 games (one $60 and the other $30) and exchange the $60 game at a later time for a game that comes out in October?

Which game is generally more favored, Resistence 1 or 2?
I'm thinking of getting one of them a try.

And does anyone even play that online anymore?

I got Resistance 2 from Gamefly and I cant say i find it impressive. But I havent tried the multiplayer yet.

dont even bother. i even preferred the multiplayer on resistance 1. dang... this is making me wanna go rebuy the game now lol

[quote name='brighenne']It looks like no stores have the ps3 version yet according to the bestbuy.com store checker. Sucks, I really wanted to pick it up today.[/QUOTE]

When I spoke to reps at Best Buy and Gamestop, they said there were shipping problems. The game was supposed to be in yesterday, but might not make it until later this week.

Obviously they don't want LBP GOTY to be included in this promo.They included GRID2 but I also was waiting for them to add LBP GOTY but they never did do it.I'm guessing this delay was deliberate since they know LBP will sell even at $60.With the added content already in the disc its a steal if its added to the B1G1 50% off sale this week.I bet its either already at the stores but not being put out or is delayed deliberately to avoid being added to the sale.I was going to order and pick up in store and they had them in stock as of last night 10pm eastern.All of a sudden I checked today and there are none available in any of my stores here in Durham NC or in a 50mile radius of where I am.

Somehow I felt this was gonna happen.

Let me add by asking......Where is next week's BB ad? MIDNIGHTMETAL? I saw u said you got banned from some website but.....i need my crack ads man.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']They wouldn't let me do this special. My BB told me it was only on the games in the ad. :( Whicn I know it's not.[/QUOTE]

Call corporate. Complain that you wasted your time and gas money driving to the store. Receive gift card.

Okay, I'm still not getting this-how are Best Buy employees refusing this? What part of "scan the games into the computer" don't they understand? Who is training them? Is this a corporate policy to refuse sales? I mean otherwise, how could at least two people in this thread be reporting being refused a deal...when all the idiot employee should be doing is scanning in the games.

bah Ordered Batman AA and Dirt 2 a couple of days ago and now Dirt 2 is back ordered for 1-2 weeks. :( I wanted the 360 version of Dirt 2 cause I thought the avatar rear view mirror thing was cool but I ordered it on BB to get the deal.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']They wouldn't let me do this special. My BB told me it was only on the games in the ad. :( Whicn I know it's not.[/QUOTE]
What games did you try and purchase?

The computer should take care of everything. The cashier scans the games, hits total, then a message pops up asking to apply the discount.

bread's done
Back