Best Buy - Buy 1 PS3 game, get 1 50% off - starting 9/6/09

chuckywang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on PS3 games at BestBuy.com

Buy Any PS3 Game $59.99 or less and get a SECOND PS3 game 50% off
Titles shown:$59.99
Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty WaW, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5

$49.99
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Street Fighter IV

$29.99
Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
IF they pull the whole "we havent received LBP GOTY" shenanegans the entire time this sale is going on then BB can blow me, for lack of a better term.

[quote name='sgm5004']there's apparently a LBP demo coming out on this Thursday when they update the playstation store. that would still give you a couple days to get in on the deal if you like the demo - i think that's what i'm going to do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes posted on the demo. Hopefully Best Buy will let LBP GOTY be eligible for the sale...not looking too promising though:bomb:

I just picked up LBP GOTY and Dirt 2 at BB. Paid full price for one and got the second at 50% off. They did not have them out on the floor. I had them look it up and they had both games in the back and the associate went and got them for me.

So my best buy wanting to be dicks put stickers on most games 29.99 and under for "Value games" which do not count for the sale. I am seriously about to wash my hands of this store all together.

Went to my local Best Buy only for them not to have the PS3 version of DiRT 2. I wanted both that and the Beatles Rock Band. Told them to look to see if the other location would have it that is about 15 miles away. They did and so I drove off after picking up the White album for some tunes on the way.

Went to the location, picked up both games (The Beatles Rock Band was strangely guarded behind Customer Service at this location), and got both for only $92.19. The computer prompted the half off discount automatically with no problems.

Now to get out of work to play these games!

[quote name='bjstucker']So my best buy wanting to be dicks put stickers on most games 29.99 and under for "Value games" which do not count for the sale. I am seriously about to wash my hands of this store all together.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a jerk move...anyone else come across this?

Also, has anyone spotted Valkyria Chronicles in Best Buy? It's not showing on-line, and one store I stopped at last week didn't even have a spot for it.

[quote name='IronSerif']Yeah that's a jerk move...anyone else come across this?

Also, has anyone spotted Valkyria Chronicles in Best Buy? It's not showing on-line, and one store I stopped at last week didn't even have a spot for it.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind a used copy its $25 or so at Gohastings.com.My order of this game arrived in 4 business days.No scratches,pristine copy,comes complete.You may want to check it out.
I paid $40 at a BB store a month ago along with Blazblue LE.Had to return both games because I just can't take stand thinking I paid retail for 2 games that were just sitting on my shelf.Im glad I did what I did.They are both very rare and not ncluded in their computer inventory anymore.You have to physically look in their video game department.Calling will not get you anywhere.

I hope this helps.

[quote name='subzerorn']If you don't mind a used copy its $25 or so at Gohastings.com.My order of this game arrived in 4 business days.No scratches,pristine copy,comes complete.You may want to check it out.
I paid $40 at a BB store a month ago along with Blazblue LE.Had to return both games because I just can't take stand thinking I paid retail for 2 games that were just sitting on my shelf.Im glad I did what I did.They are both very rare and not ncluded in their computer inventory anymore.You have to physically look in their video game department.Calling will not get you anywhere.

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I'll probably drop by another BB sometime this week to see what they have in store. I'm hoping that this deal works with LBP GOTY edition though, but so far, it doesn't look like it's valid on-line.

I'm with you on gohastings.com, completely happy with my first order. Received all 4 of my discs, all in great condition and played fine. I probably should have added Valkyria Chronicles to that order as well...

[quote name='IronSerif']Yeah that's a jerk move...anyone else come across this?

Also, has anyone spotted Valkyria Chronicles in Best Buy? It's not showing on-line, and one store I stopped at last week didn't even have a spot for it.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, yeah, too bad that's not online. I definitely would have combined that with something else, if it were $40 or less.

I so wish I could get something in this sale, but I don't think that's anything left that I don't own or didn't just order last week on Xbox.

[quote name='IronSerif']Thanks for the info! I'll probably drop by another BB sometime this week to see what they have in store. I'm hoping that this deal works with LBP GOTY edition though, but so far, it doesn't look like it's valid on-line.

I'm with you on gohastings.com, completely happy with my first order. Received all 4 of my discs, all in great condition and played fine. I probably should have added Valkyria Chronicles to that order as well...[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to find VC at any BB in my area. I had to get it at Gamestop. As for LBP GOTY, if you can find it at one of your local BB, the BOGO 50% off sale does work with it. Online it's saying its back ordered.

[quote name='daminion']Call corporate. Complain that you wasted your time and gas money driving to the store. Receive gift card.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if this would work for my situation of a mispick on an in-store pickup order. I emailed them through the site about my issue but have received no response.

[quote name='Vinny']But there's always the issue of BestBuy being complete shit..[/QUOTE]
But I love Best Buy. It's like Disneyland for electronics.
Not sure what you mean that is so bad about Best Buy.

However, I think I'd rather buy games online than with this deal, since I would end up spending around the same price. Plus, Demon's Souls is not good for the deal : (

[quote name='Kosh']I wasn't able to find VC at any BB in my area. I had to get it at Gamestop. As for LBP GOTY, if you can find it at one of your local BB, the BOGO 50% off sale does work with it. Online it's saying its back ordered.[/QUOTE]

Ok that's god to know that the BOGO 50% off does work with it. I did a store checker and it shows in stock at 2 locations near me. Now I have to talk my wife into letting me spend $60 plus half the cost of another game...that's going to be a tough battle :wall:

[quote name='bjstucker']So my best buy wanting to be dicks put stickers on most games 29.99 and under for "Value games" which do not count for the sale. I am seriously about to wash my hands of this store all together.[/QUOTE]

That's strange, because ALL games under $79.99 should be eligible as far as I understand. In fact, there are no exceptions, other than Pre-Orders.

Found little big planet... Hiding in the back of the store lol. Tried to get the preorder by paying off the whole thing...section manager oked it. Cashier oked it. Store manager denied lol

[quote name='Requiem']That's strange, because ALL games under $79.99 should be eligible as far as I understand. In fact, there are no exceptions, other than Pre-Orders.[/QUOTE]

Totally - don't let them do that to you. This type of crap is why I hate BB (and miss CC!!!).

[quote name='Requiem']That's strange, because ALL games under $79.99 should be eligible as far as I understand. In fact, there are no exceptions, other than Pre-Orders.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, according to my ad, it's $59.99 or below. I suppose if you can get a CE version of something, then $80 limit might apply.

[quote name='iHaVEnOmMrS']Picked up some Killzone 2 and Batman Arkham for my new PS3 with this deal. Awww, my first 2 games for the PS3 :p[/QUOTE]

A moment you'll cherish forever. :)

Seriously, KZ2 is a sweet game, and I can't wait to pick up Batman: AA.

Not surprised LBP:GoTY is conviently absent online. This sale is probably the best shot they got of clearing their inventory of the original game.

It kinda annoys me not a single retail ran any sort of deal for it though. Hell even Amazon is charging $59.99 when most of the new games get marked down to $56.99 these days lol.

I was able to get LBP: GoTY but it wasn't out on the shelves. This was at 7pm today. The BestBuy at LIC had them in the back. I had to ask a blue shirt to get it for me. Batman and LBP with rewardzone points that were expiring 76 bucks.

Best Buy in Wilmington refused to give me the discount for the two games I wanted. They said it had to be games listed in the ad. I said the ad doesn't say that and they said "well, that's the way it is". So I went out to my car, got my iphone, placed the order online with in store pick up, went to get something to eat and then headed back to the store to pick up my games. All is well now.

On a side note, LBP:GOTY was not on the shelves and they said they didn't have any copies. Also Dirt 2 was not on the shelves so an employee had to go in the back and get it for me.

I've been gone the past four days and there's too much to read here but I read the last two pages and here's what I experienced.

I bought two $19.99 games and the discount didn't ring up. The cashier said it was only on regular priced items so we checked the ad which said on all games under $xx.xx. He called over a floor manager who said there was a fax regarding the sale not ringing up. She manually changed the price and gave me 50% of one game.

[quote name='Evolved']Best Buy in Wilmington refused to give me the discount for the two games I wanted. They said it had to be games listed in the ad. I said the ad doesn't say that and they said "well, that's the way it is". So I went out to my car, got my iphone, placed the order online with in store pick up, went to get something to eat and then headed back to the store to pick up my games. All is well now.

On a side note, LBP:GOTY was not on the shelves and they said they didn't have any copies. Also Dirt 2 was not on the shelves so an employee had to go in the back and get it for me.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome, glad it worked out for you in the end. :)

I went at 12pm to pick up LBP GOTY, even though online said unavailable. Blue shirt then said not in stock.

I check again online around 3pm and see there is availability. A blue shirt went to the back of the store to grab me a copy.

Beatles stuff everywhere, but no drum challenge equals me being bored. If you have a slight instinct to pick up LBP, DO IT! The game never ends and has style for years.

I'm a pretty happy guy right now. An extremely nice BB employee checked in the back for LBP:GOTY for me, and after checking several areas she found it. I got that along with RB: Beatles (sale went through with no issues). I'm gonna have some fun this weeked with these two games!

Its in the warehouse but not on display yet.Ask the blue shirts to go inside the warehouse to check.I made them go check it out.DiRT 2 you can purchase with a PS3 wheel and save $50 with next weeks ad.The wheel is priced at $79.99 but with the combo its now $19.99 + DiRT 2 (59.99) = $79.98 +tax.If you don't have the wheel and considered about getting 1,this is a good deal.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1549617

Kind of what happened to me too. The "value games" I brought to the register did not get the discount applied automatically, and I asked why. They said the sale was only for original priced games, and not for games already on sale. I said, "well what about GTA IV, that's on sale this week and the discount applied to that." I pointed that out because I got GTA IV to ring up with the sale correctedly. The girl at the register said "well, that's because that one was in the ad." I gave up, and just decided to save some money instead of buying everything I wanted. If they don't want my business, then I'll just wait for another sale elsewhere.... there's always another one around the corner.

is it possible if I buy 2 games (one $60 and the other $30) and exchange the $60 game at a later time for a game that comes out in October?

[quote name='ens04']is it possible if I buy 2 games (one $60 and the other $30) and exchange the $60 game at a later time for a game that comes out in October?[/QUOTE]

I called the BestBuy at South Bay (in MA) to ask this same question earlier. The guy who picked up said that you have 30 days to exchange the $60 game for another title of the same price. I asked if I could do this next week with MUA2 but for the 360 and he said that I could. This could possibly be a YMMV answer.

To be safe, I'd buy a $60 game that you wouldn't mind keeping and just don't open it just incase.

[quote name='ens04']is it possible if I buy 2 games (one $60 and the other $30) and exchange the $60 game at a later time for a game that comes out in October?[/QUOTE]

Is it possible? Yes.
Is it probable? Hell no.

[quote name='Twizz']I called the BestBuy at South Bay (in MA) to ask this same question earlier. The guy who picked up said that you have 30 days to exchange the $60 game for another title of the same price. I asked if I could do this next week with MUA2 but for the 360 and he said that I could. This could possibly be a YMMV answer.

To be safe, I'd buy a $60 game that you wouldn't mind keeping and just don't open it just incase.[/QUOTE]

I am planning on doing this for NFS: Shift, but I picked up Arkham Asylum as my full price game just in case. To save time at the register, have them ring up the game you want to keep second, as the second game is the one that the discount is applied to when both games cost the same price.

[quote name='Twizz']I called the BestBuy at South Bay (in MA) to ask this same question earlier. The guy who picked up said that you have 30 days to exchange the $60 game for another title of the same price. I asked if I could do this next week with MUA2 but for the 360 and he said that I could. This could possibly be a YMMV answer.

To be safe, I'd buy a $60 game that you wouldn't mind keeping and just don't open it just incase.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea. I wanted MAU2 for the 360 anyways, and if I can pull this switch-a-roo off that would be fantastic.

I'll pick up 2 $60 games that I wouldn't mind keeping (one being LBP GOTY), and probably keep them unopened until next week to see if I can trade one of them in for MUA2 for the 360. Anyone else planning on doing something similar?

Thanks for the tip:applause:

I'll give it a try like I said but I must wait until October because that is when Uncharted 2 comes out. (I have premier silver on the reward zone card, so I get 45 days return/exchange instead of the usual 30 days)

I'm indecisive as to buy Batman: AA and Beatles RB. Im thinking eventually both game's prices will drop eventually and I'm not in a rush to play either right now. Should I wait or jump on the deal while it's still good?

So I went and picked up MGS4 ($30) and Bioshock ($20) and had a $10 reward zone certificate so it ended up costing $30 for both. 15 bucks a piece? Good stuff! :D

It's up to the discretion of the BB manager. The fineprint says that if you return a bundled item the bundle discount will be removed from your purchase, i.e. if you bring back your $60 they could say "By returning it we owe you $60. However, since it's no longer a bundle the other game now costs $60 and you therefore owe use $30 which means we will only pay you $60-$30=$30 for the returned item".
That would be a somewhat questionable move but entirely within their rights since the promo does not apply to preorders (which is kind of what you are trying to use it for).

Picked up RA3 and IL-2 for $80 after tax. Only saved $14 over Amazon's price, but I've been itching for a change of pace from the usual first/third person action adventure game so I just couldn't resist. :(

Here is what I did....asked the BB employee when release date was for Shift, he told me 3 days after this deal, played dumb and asked if pre-orders worked on this deal and he said oh yeah, ok, lets do it. When he went to put it in of course it didn't work, but he got another BB employee to help put in what is call an OMS order and they forced it through. So here is OTD with $40 RZ, $52.98.

PS3
NFS Shift-34.18 w s/h-1.70
Dirt2-17.10

Put it on my RZ MC to get 3x points and an extra 150 for Dirt2 which should
net me at least another $10 RZ cert.

This is the 1st time I can remember this kind of service, maybe the stores are hurting for business.

Alright, so I'm considering using this for Beatles:Rock Band and GH5, only because it would also score me GH:Van Halen for free as well (keeping in mind that both GH games are future presents for my 9 year old). Thinking that might be a pretty good haul for the price.

[quote name='FusionHype']I'm indecisive as to buy Batman: AA and Beatles RB. Im thinking eventually both game's prices will drop eventually and I'm not in a rush to play either right now. Should I wait or jump on the deal while it's still good?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt you will find a much better deal on those two games for quite a while. Batman is selling like crazy and I'm sure Beatles will be as well.

Picked up GTA IV and NHL 09...These sales give me a chance to pick up the cheapos i've missed out on so far! Debated whether to get those two, or to get Batman and LBP. Clearly chose the cheaper...Something just makes me want to buy a hockey game right now...

bread's done
Back