Best Buy - Buy 1 PS3 game, get 1 50% off - starting 9/6/09

chuckywang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on PS3 games at BestBuy.com

Buy Any PS3 Game $59.99 or less and get a SECOND PS3 game 50% off
Titles shown:$59.99
Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty WaW, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5

$49.99
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Street Fighter IV

$29.99
Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to look into returning my second game tomorrow. I really want Beatles Rock Band, but there isn't anything else right now that I'm looking forward to. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is the next game on my list. Hopefully I can return one of the games for that one next week.

Wow never thought about switching a $60 game for one later. Good idea!

So far I've picked up GTA IV, Saints Row 2 CE, Uncharted 1, and Burnout Paradise for ~$76.

I'm hesitant to get LBP:GOTY because I've gotten mixed reactions from friends and co-workers. Also dropping $60 on a game isn't very CAG like behavior.

Anybody know if any Best Buys stock Disgaea 3? I wanted that and Uncharted, but the former isn't listed on their site.

[quote name='phragit']Anybody know if any Best Buys stock Disgaea 3? I wanted that and Uncharted, but the former isn't listed on their site.[/QUOTE]

I saw Disgaea on shelf at my BB. I guess you just have to get lucky whether it's at yours or not.

[quote name='pun123']Here is what I did....asked the BB employee when release date was for Shift, he told me 3 days after this deal, played dumb and asked if pre-orders worked on this deal and he said oh yeah, ok, lets do it. When he went to put it in of course it didn't work, but he got another BB employee to help put in what is call an OMS order and they forced it through. So here is OTD with $40 RZ, $52.98.

PS3
NFS Shift-34.18 w s/h-1.70
Dirt2-17.10

Put it on my RZ MC to get 3x points and an extra 150 for Dirt2 which should
net me at least another $10 RZ cert.

This is the 1st time I can remember this kind of service, maybe the stores are hurting for business.[/QUOTE]

OMS has not rolled out in all areas NOR do people usually do orders for games... so very YMMV

Hmmm, kinda tempting to go with LBP GotY and GH 5 seeing as you get GH: Van Halen free with it down the line...so 3 games for the price on one and a half heh

[quote name='Sillentassasin']OMS has not rolled out in all areas NOR do people usually do orders for games... so very YMMV[/QUOTE]

My point is it doesn't hurt to ask, the worst they can say is NO, we are CAGs!

just bought a ps3 slim
would ratchet and clank tools of destruction and uncharted be good deals for 40 bucks?
i have a $5 reward that i can use

i'm a big r&c fan from the ps2 days and uncharted looks fun

[quote name='mrblau']just bought a ps3 slim
would ratchet and clank tools of destruction and uncharted be good deals for 40 bucks?

i'm a big r&c fan from the ps2 days and uncharted looks fun[/QUOTE]

I'd say that's a fantastic way to kick off the ps3 with a good deal.

[quote name='mrblau']just bought a ps3 slim

i'm a big r&c fan from the ps2 days and uncharted looks fun[/QUOTE]

I've yet to play R&C so I can't comment on it, But I recently got Uncharted and while the game is short its simply stunning you will want to play it from start to finish in a single sitting.

yeah i went with uncharted and tools of destruction

i've got alot of catch up to do with the ps3 exclusives

[quote name='mrblau']yeah i went with uncharted and tools of destruction

i've got alot of catch up to do with the ps3 exclusives[/QUOTE]

You got the PS3s two best exclusives in my opinion. I paid $60 for both way back when they came out. Before I became a CAG of course... :D

[quote name='AdamBomb629']It appears LBP GOTY is not a valid choice?[/QUOTE]
I was in a Best Buy this morning and they had is out on the floor.

Some games are not automatically registering the deal when at the register. So just be aware that you may need to have them do the price adjustment manually. At the BB I went to yesterday they were trying to tell me that it was only for the PS3 games shown in the ad. Uh... then why does it say "Any PS3 game". I got my discount after politely pointing that out.

Being a true CAG - people might want to actually look at the final cost, before falling into this. I got Arkham Asylum at Amazon for $47 after theeca 10% off - and if had I puchased 2 $59 games through the Best Buy deal -it would be $90 but with tax - it would be around $97 - more than if I get 2 similar of my deals at Amazon at "full price" (due to no tax, no shipping, no gas money spent on travel). The discount gets worse obviously when dealing with dissimilar priced games.

So - I particuarly really only wanted 1 game - but was thinking about getting a second just to get the discount, and after working things out - I get the one game I wanted for no worse of a price then if I bought 2 games - 1 of which I was only so-so about...

[quote name='BiggBosss']I'll have to look into returning my second game tomorrow. I really want Beatles Rock Band, but there isn't anything else right now that I'm looking forward to. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is the next game on my list. Hopefully I can return one of the games for that one next week.[/QUOTE]

I asked twice before i brought my 2 games yesterday if i can return 1 for mua2

i may return both and get 2 MUA's and just sell the other one

[quote name='TheBiz']I'm hesitant to get LBP:GOTY because I've gotten mixed reactions from friends and co-workers. Also dropping $60 on a game isn't very CAG like behavior.[/QUOTE]

I've had a PS3 for two months now, and still haven't bought any games :cry:
LBP was the main game I was looking forward to, but I hear you on the $60/game bit. I had hopes of finding something else in this deal to pick up, but nothing is striking my interest.

[quote name='wrencrest']You got the PS3s two best exclusives [Uncharted and Ratchet] in my opinion. I paid $60 for both way back when they came out. Before I became a CAG of course... :D[/QUOTE]

Would you say they're even better than MGS4?
I haven't played it, but I always assumed MGS4 was "the one" on PS3

[quote name='pluto6']Being a true CAG - people might want to actually look at the final cost, before falling into this. I got Arkham Asylum at Amazon for $47 after theeca 10% off - and if had I puchased 2 $59 games through the Best Buy deal -it would be $90 but with tax - it would be around $97 - more than if I get 2 similar of my deals at Amazon at "full price" (due to no tax, no shipping, no gas money spent on travel). The discount gets worse obviously when dealing with dissimilar priced games.

So - I particuarly really only wanted 1 game - but was thinking about getting a second just to get the discount, and after working things out - I get the one game I wanted for no worse of a price then if I bought 2 games - 1 of which I was only so-so about...[/QUOTE]

There are several other factors to consider in some instances. First off, amazon.com free shipping takes FOREVER to ship stuff unless you are a Prime member. Prime costs like 79 bucks or something like that, so people bragging about free shipping must have forgotten the 80 bones they paid. Best Buy also offers promotions of different kinds. Right now there are some games such as Dirt 2 that give you 150 gamer reward club points, which translates to a 10 dollar gift certificate. You can also get regular reward zone points for all purchases and people are able to use these certificates with BB promotions such as this b1g1 1/2 off. Also, if you need to return a game it's gonna take way longer ordering through amazon.com. I've received games from amazon.com before that were crushed/partially crushed in the shipping process.

Obviously being a CAG gives you more choices.Its up to you what you feel is a deal or not a deal.More bang for the buck is what we all aim for, i can totally understand that concept.There are times though where we just want to pull the trigger for reasons only we can justify.Whatever the case may be, being a CAG made me a better judge as to what a real deal is. I still hate the fact that i missed the free ECA membership though since I signed up like a week ago today.

On a side note, please remember that tomorrow's BB ad shows DiRT 2 or NFS games + Wheel = $80.I'm sure you have looked at the BB ad for tomorrow.

This BB deal might not be as good as amazon in some cases but I do like to infuse some money to my local stores if I can, as long as its a decent deal.Perks on doing this is the 30day return and not to mention instant gratification! No waiting times.

I purchased 2 LBP GotY then exchanged the 1 LBP the next day for Batman AA.I now have the option to sell the Batman AA or exchange that one for another game like Uncharted 2 ( 45day return RZ Silver) or just plain out return for a $$ refund.This basically means I got LBP GotY for $30 +tax of course.
They will not know that I got Batman AA with the promo since its on a separate receipt on its own.It only shows "exchange" on the receipt itself.

This BB deal might not be as good as amazon in some cases but I do like to infuse some money to my local stores if I can, as long as its a decent deal.Perks on doing this is the 30day return and not to mention instant gratification! No waiting times.

I purchased 2 LBP GotY then exchanged the 1 LBP the next day for Batman AA.I now have the option to sell the Batman AA or exchange that one for another game like Uncharted 2 ( 45day return RZ Silver) or just plain out return for a $$ refund.This basically means I got LBP GotY for $30 +tax of course.
They will not know that I got Batman AA with the promo since its on a separate receipt on its own.It only shows "exchange" on the receipt itself.

So basically you like pumping some money into your local store when you can scam them by taking advantage of them when they actually do run deals?

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']There are several other factors to consider in some instances. First off, amazon.com free shipping takes FOREVER to ship stuff unless you are a Prime member. Prime costs like 79 bucks or something like that, so people bragging about free shipping must have forgotten the 80 bones they paid. Best Buy also offers promotions of different kinds. Right now there are some games such as Dirt 2 that give you 150 gamer reward club points, which translates to a 10 dollar gift certificate. You can also get regular reward zone points for all purchases and people are able to use these certificates with BB promotions such as this b1g1 1/2 off. Also, if you need to return a game it's gonna take way longer ordering through amazon.com. I've received games from amazon.com before that were crushed/partially crushed in the shipping process.[/QUOTE]

It really depends on where you live. I purchased a receiver on Amazon on Monday (Labor Day), so it shipped Tuesday. Using free shipping, non-prime, I got it on Wednesday. On games, depending from where they ship, it takes no more than 3 days for me.

[quote name='polishpride212']It really depends on where you live. I purchased a receiver on Amazon on Monday (Labor Day), so it shipped Tuesday. Using free shipping, non-prime, I got it on Wednesday. On games, depending from where they ship, it takes no more than 3 days for me.[/QUOTE]

The problem isn't the actual ship time when you use the amazon free shipping, it's the processing time. It usually takes them up to a week to even get your game out the door to the carrier. It's just horrible.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']There are several other factors to consider in some instances. First off, amazon.com free shipping takes FOREVER to ship stuff unless you are a Prime member. Prime costs like 79 bucks or something like that, so people bragging about free shipping must have forgotten the 80 bones they paid. Best Buy also offers promotions of different kinds. Right now there are some games such as Dirt 2 that give you 150 gamer reward club points, which translates to a 10 dollar gift certificate. You can also get regular reward zone points for all purchases and people are able to use these certificates with BB promotions such as this b1g1 1/2 off. Also, if you need to return a game it's gonna take way longer ordering through amazon.com. I've received games from amazon.com before that were crushed/partially crushed in the shipping process.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the shipping/processing times. The times I have ordered games with free shipping from Amazon it has taken almost 2 weeks to get the game. I mean, that's fine if it's a game I'm getting really cheap and I'm not that excited about but that's way too long for an anticipated game. Once my Prime trial runs out, I doubt I will be using Amazon all that much even with the free ECA I got the other day.

You sure about getting a $10 reward certificate for 150 points? I think you need 500 total bonus points to qualify for that.

Grabbed Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and Mirror's Edge.

Had $15 in RZ certs, so I got em both for ~$28. not too bad.

out of curiousity, is this still active? If so, would I be able to buy Rockband SE sets for ~140 then get another half off?

[quote name='fff398']out of curiousity, is this still active? If so, would I be able to buy Rockband SE sets for ~140 then get another half off?[/QUOTE]
No for multiple reasons:
1. The deal ended yesterday.
2. There was a $59.99 price limit on eligible games.

bread's done
Back