Best Buy: Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preowned Games

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Best Buy is having another Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on Preowned Games as stated here.

There are some decent games to choose from at least (especially on some older titles). If you have a Gamers Unlocked membership, your 10% will apply towards the two games that you are purchasing as well.

All your usual used deals from BB from the last few weeks would apply for this sale, including Vanquish & Dragon Age Origins for PS3 (Both $4.99 & Not Available for Shipping...In Store Only) Dead Space 2 $9.99 (Available for Shipping currently for both PS3 & 360). If anyone finds something of interest, post a URL ;)

Enjoy!

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']Do they come complete?[/QUOTE]

I ordered Tomb Raider Trilogy for PS3 a couple of weeks ago and it came complete and resealed. Could vary, though.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I ordered Tomb Raider Trilogy for PS3 a couple of weeks ago and it came complete and resealed. Could vary, though.[/QUOTE]

All my local Best Buy's have their pre-owned games all resealed, so it must be how they display and sale their pre-owned games as a company.

[quote name='VaultDweller']ordered 3 dead space 2 for $21 shipped[/QUOTE]

Everytime I see your sig I think of John Stamos......

[quote name='VaultDweller']ordered 3 dead space 2 for $21 shipped[/QUOTE]

i was going to do that but there's no telling if it comes complete. i ordered a TWEWY and it came in a generic case with no manual and resealed lol. But then again I ordered a Persona 1 PSP for 11.99 and it came complete and in perfect like new condition

[quote name='dm85']Everytime I see your sig I think of John Stamos......[/QUOTE]

Haha, I totally see it! So that's where you've been hiding, Uncle Jesse!

Just bought a used game last night... guess I'll have to go back sometime this week and grab 2 more and PM. Thanks!

Recently, I ordered eight different pre-owned games and all of them except one arrived complete. The only one that didn't was Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night for DS (a Castlevania parody platformer with pigs), and I was kind of angry. Then again, all of the games I ordered were $4.99 each ranging from DS, Wii and Xbox 360. And I'm still looking for a case and manual for the Barnyard Blast game, if anyone has a lead on one.

This is my biggest issue with buying used games. I figured I would give Gamestop another try and placed an order for 4 games and got 2 free during their recent B2G1 sale. The condition was an absolute joke. Every game came in a black case with no cover and only 1 of the games actually had instructions. Most were just a disc in a paper sleeve. Never again will I buy from Gamestop. I mean how hard is it to require the game be complete when buying used games? What do people do with their game cases & instructions? Do they eat them or something? Use them as toilet paper?

With that being said, I have never purchased used from Best Buy. I have had so many bad transactions from Gamestop...well, I think I am jaded now against the entire used industry.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']This is my biggest issue with buying used games. I figured I would give Gamestop another try and placed an order for 4 games and got 2 free during their recent B2G1 sale. The condition was an absolute joke. Every game came in a black case with no cover and only 1 of the games actually had instructions. Most were just a disc in a paper sleeve. Never again will I buy from Gamestop. I mean how hard is it to require the game be complete when buying used games? What do people do with their game cases & instructions? Do they eat them or something? Use them as toilet paper?

With that being said, I have never purchased used from Best Buy. I have had so many bad transactions from Gamestop...well, I think I am jaded now against the entire used industry.[/QUOTE]

I think that is their policy, to send games out disc only as you'd be less apt to return it to a store...that way they complete used copies are left in store for those shopping at a physical location...my two cents.

Some old PS2 games I'd have been all over except none of them are available for shipping, well except for the most obscure one that is mysteriously available as 'Ship to Store'.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I think that is their policy, to send games out disc only as you'd be less apt to return it to a store...that way they complete used copies are left in store for those shopping at a physical location...my two cents.[/QUOTE]

It could very well be. Either way its a crap policy as it basically guarantees I will never buy another game from them ever again, in store or through the mail. Again, what I dont get is where do all the manuals and cases go? What do people do with them? I just dont get it, I really dont. One of the mysteries of the universe I guess. Kinda like the missing socks with the dryer.

[quote name='AXV1']I bought 3 used games yesterday, because they had 30% off when you buy three or more. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

Psst... You got about the same deal. Better, in fact, if the 3 you bought were all differently priced.

Still waiting on my 3 I ordered during the 30% off promo. Hopefully they show up in good condition. This would be tempting if I didn't already have 95% of what I wanted and $30 in Amazon credit waiting to be used.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']It could very well be. Either way its a crap policy as it basically guarantees I will never buy another game from them ever again, in store or through the mail. Again, what I dont get is where do all the manuals and cases go? What do people do with them? I just dont get it, I really dont. One of the mysteries of the universe I guess. Kinda like the missing socks with the dryer.[/QUOTE]
A lot of people just have CD wallets full of games. They consider cases and manuals more as packaging then something worth keeping. Doesn't make sense to you or I, but it makes sense to someone apparently.

[quote name='aptanor']A lot of people just have CD wallets full of games. They consider cases and manuals more as packaging then something worth keeping. Doesn't make sense to you or I, but it makes sense to someone apparently.[/QUOTE]

especially like ds games and stuff where kids are playing them. they'll lose everything but the cartridge itself

I searched around at 4 different Best Buys over the last couple weeks and couldn't fine a single game to use my 30% off coupon for given the prices.

[quote name='hwmusic']especially like ds games and stuff where kids are playing them. they'll lose everything but the cartridge itself[/QUOTE]

As my brother and Sister can attest to, they'll lose the carriage also :( Shadow of the Colossus is another great ps2 game they have if you don't have a ps3 (like myself).

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I searched around at 4 different Best Buys over the last couple weeks and couldn't fine a single game to use my 30% off coupon for given the prices.[/QUOTE]

I was told yesterday that basically, nothing stacks with anything else. So I went and bought the used game I was looking for for $5 cheaper at GameStop. Bb shoots themselves in the foot all the time with used games.

their used game prices really are stupidly high.

$2 less than the new retail price, rite? watadeal

They're eventually going to have to clearance their used stock out. They do nothing to separate it from the new stock and the prices are so similar. Eventually, maybe when best buy starts going out of business in a few years, these games will be reasonably priced.

It's YMMV since Best Buy stopped requiring anything besides the games for trade-in, both in store and online.

So you definitely would want to go in store to do this deal if possible, since you can at least pick and choose to find complete copies there.

It's YMMV since Best Buy stopped requiring anything besides the games for trade-in, both in store and online.

So you definitely would want to go in store to do this deal if possible, since you can at least pick and choose to find complete copies there.
[quote name='Righteous Nixon']This is my biggest issue with buying used games. I figured I would give Gamestop another try and placed an order for 4 games and got 2 free during their recent B2G1 sale. The condition was an absolute joke. Every game came in a black case with no cover and only 1 of the games actually had instructions. Most were just a disc in a paper sleeve. Never again will I buy from Gamestop. I mean how hard is it to require the game be complete when buying used games? What do people do with their game cases & instructions? Do they eat them or something? Use them as toilet paper?

With that being said, I have never purchased used from Best Buy. I have had so many bad transactions from Gamestop...well, I think I am jaded now against the entire used industry.[/QUOTE]
Judging by the condition and indeterminate stains I've seen on game cases/artwork/manuals at GS before I wouldn't doubt it if someone used them as a Kleenex or toilet paper when they run out. Other folks have found stuff as appetizing as dead cockroaches, used condoms, joints and the usual food crumbs and such.:puke:

So buyer beware definitely should apply in some cases with used games.:shock:

Oh and LMAO @ the disparate used prices between Dead Space and Dead Space 2 for PS3 on BB's site. The original DS is $18, while DS2 is only $10.

what a waste of time. i ended up wanting to just get 3 $5 games, so $10 and a freebie, and i could flip one (i already own) for 7, so 2 games for $3 free shipping. but great, all are sold out online and nowhere near me... fail

[quote name='Velo214']what a waste of time. i ended up wanting to just get 3 $5 games, so $10 and a freebie, and i could flip one (i already own) for 7, so 2 games for $3 free shipping. but great, all are sold out online and nowhere near me... fail[/QUOTE]
Are there any PS3 games worth a damn in the $5-10 range though from BB online? You could always buy 3 copies of Dead Space 2 n flip 2 of em to a certain store for almost $9 each.

I bought FEAR 3 for xbox on gamefly a month ago, bought FEAR 2 on Xbox for $5 on BB, figured I'd grab FEAR files as well with this sale even though I played both 1 and 2 on PC.

So for this order I got
Condemned
Condemned 2
Fear files

All made by Monolith I believe. $21.18 after tax.

I'm guessing that a lot of those are stolen or customers put the game in a blank case, traded it in and saved the good case for later since Gamestop doesn't care about completeness.

[quote name='shoe478']I'm guessing that a lot of those are stolen or customers put the game in a blank case, traded it in and saved the good case for later since Gamestop doesn't care about completeness.[/QUOTE]
You mean like the copies of Black Ops I had that came from the Prestige Editions that I didn't feel like giving BB the nice steelbook cases for?;) I did give them the manuals for them AND put them in some clear PS3 cases I had tons of from Hollywood Video.

So all they'd have to do is track down a coverart for the games and they'd be set since the PE/HE versions of the games were the exact same as the vanilla editions. At least disc wise anyway they were.

bread's done
Back