Best Buy: buy 2 get 3rd 50% off. Anyone else confirm?

bell_indeed

CAGiversary!
First post. Didn't see this posted elsewhere, so I apologize if this has been brought up already.

Just happened to stop by the local Best Buy in Chandler, AZ to get the Watchmen ticket deal and they had signs posted saying "Buy any 2 get a 3rd 50% off." This applied to video games, CD's and DVD's. The signs weren't "official" looking. They looked like they printed them off their printer in the back and posted them throughout the media department. So I don't know if this is nationally or locally. And there was no expiration date printed either. The media person I talked to had no idea how long it would last (I even asked if it would last until Tuesday when Halo Wars and MLB 2K9 would be released. She had no idea.). It's also Saturday, so I don't know if today is the last day or what...

So maybe someone else out there could confirm if they have seen this deal, or maybe this store is just trying to boost their media numbers.

Buy 1 get 1 50% off is really only saving 25%. Buy 2 get 1 50% off is saving what like 16.6% or 12.5% or something like that. Not that good unless you're buying all three anyhow. There's somewhere on the forum where there's a buy [almost] any 1 item for 10% or 20% off from Best Buy. I'd seen it before joining here a couple years ago, too. It's in USPS movers guide stuff or something. I know I used that coupon to get a little bit of a deal on some game the day it came out. I expected them to give me problems but they didn't at all.

Can tell you for certain it's not national and doubtful it's extending beyond that store and was probably done set up by the management.

Didn't see it at the Best Buy this afternoon, but I have seen similar signs at a local Best Buy several months back. Pretty sure it's at the discretion of the individual manager.

hey OP. im in your neck of the woods. Most of the bestbuy's in our area seem to compete against each other. So it will vary from store to store. They had the rock revolution at the chandler store for like $45.99 but in Camelback it was 29.99 . So again it just varies. But glad to see another fellow CAGer in the area :)

bread's done
Back