Best Buy - Buy a PS Vita (3G or Wifi) and get a Free Game and 3 month PSN+ sub

Seems like a decent offer but I just got a 3ds and a huge backlog across several systems. If they can offer this kind OD bundle now, then the Black Friday 2012 sales are gonna be amazing. I think I'll wait and see what they offer then.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']does anyone have a link to their new price match/adjust policy? I don't see any specifics. I am getting max payne in may and wonder if it will qualify if it overlaps to the new policy time, etc. (60 day someone mentioned)[/QUOTE]

30 days normally or 45 if you're a Premier Reward Zone member.

I had to completely return my Vita to get the package to run, but I got it. Took Uncharted as my free game.

Anyone have one with 3G?

I really need a smartphone but I just haven't ventured out to get one. That being said it sucks carrying a tablet, netbook, laptop, etc around and trying to catch WiFi on the go at a McDonalds when you're traveling and want to read a quick e-mail or check out a CAG thread.

How is the browser on this? I would contemplate paying for the 3G model and then just getting the bare minimum 3G service at $15/month so I could check game prices on the fly or my e-mail when I'm not near wifi service.

If it is as clumsy as the 3DS browser though I might pass though because that thing is a bear to pull up and navigate websites

[quote name='GBAstar']Anyone have one with 3G?

I really need a smartphone but I just haven't ventured out to get one. That being said it sucks carrying a tablet, netbook, laptop, etc around and trying to catch WiFi on the go at a McDonalds when you're traveling and want to read a quick e-mail or check out a CAG thread.

How is the browser on this? I would contemplate paying for the 3G model and then just getting the bare minimum 3G service at $15/month so I could check game prices on the fly or my e-mail when I'm not near wifi service.

If it is as clumsy as the 3DS browser though I might pass though because that thing is a bear to pull up and navigate websites[/QUOTE]

The first one I got from warehouse deals was 3g (but had to send it back due to a defect), and used it for about a week w/ the 3g service. It was ok, but I have an iphone 4s w/ att as well, and to me, the vita was slower then the iphone for web browsing. obviously the vita is a lot bulkier then most smartphones so if it was me and I would be paying the $15-20 data plan per month either way, I would rather go with a smartphone. With 2 year contracts, there's lots of free options out there as well, albeit not for the newest and/or greatest smartphones though. ended up with a wifi and happy with it, only got the 3g in the first place bc of the price was right.

[quote name='karyadi']Anyone else waiting till Gravity Rush?[/QUOTE]

Gravity Rush is one of the reasons why I bought one. After playing the demo at Target, it got me hooked.

[quote name='jdb230']The first one I got from warehouse deals was 3g (but had to send it back due to a defect), and used it for about a week w/ the 3g service. It was ok, but I have an iphone 4s w/ att as well, and to me, the vita was slower then the iphone for web browsing. obviously the vita is a lot bulkier then most smartphones so if it was me and I would be paying the $15-20 data plan per month either way, I would rather go with a smartphone. With 2 year contracts, there's lots of free options out there as well, albeit not for the newest and/or greatest smartphones though. ended up with a wifi and happy with it, only got the 3g in the first place bc of the price was right.[/QUOTE]

You're not going to be able to get a data plan on a smart phone for just $15 a month though right?

I'm grandfathered into a plan from a previous employer where I only pay less then $70 a month [total] for my two lines (unlimited talk) and messaging. I know if I were to add Data plans to both of those my rates would more then double.

Just got a 16 gb memory from amazon to go with this. Is the deal online only? I need to deposit my tax rebate before I buy this.

picked up the wifi with uncharted/ps+ card yesterday in store. was trying to hold out til after e3 or black friday but going on a trip next week so i pulled the trigger :) also didnt help that i picked up a bunch of games on sale at the sony style store last week :p

also went to target afterwards and picked up the travel pouch, headphones, extra charger cord/usb cable all on clearance for a little over $20.

I have a question that maybe one of you can answer for me. I bought my PS Vita exactly 30 days ago today. I am a Silver Member so does that mean I have 45 days to do any and all price matches and/or returns? If I decide to wait on this price match, will it still be honored up to those 45 days or until this particular promotion ends? Speaking of which, does anyone know when this promotion is supposed to end? I guess I am afraid that my triple points for my birthday reward will be squandered by returning this in the event I have to do a return/rebuy and seeing that it is so close to being issued, I would rather wait for the points to be deposited since the Vita has already been paid for with no intent to return. How do they do a price/sales match on a current promotion? Do they simply honor this promotion and mark the items free with a price match or do they make you return everything and repurchase? Thank you for the help?

[quote name='Tarskidx']I have a question that maybe one of you can answer for me. I bought my PS Vita exactly 30 days ago today. I am a Silver Member so does that mean I have 45 days to do any and all price matches and/or returns? If I decide to wait on this price match, will it still be honored up to those 45 days or until this particular promotion ends? Speaking of which, does anyone know when this promotion is supposed to end? I guess I am afraid that my triple points for my birthday reward will be squandered by returning this in the event I have to do a return/rebuy and seeing that it is so close to being issued, I would rather wait for the points to be deposited since the Vita has already been paid for with no intent to return. How do they do a price/sales match on a current promotion? Do they simply honor this promotion and mark the items free with a price match or do they make you return everything and repurchase? Thank you for the help?[/QUOTE]

Well for starters you messed up. If you were worried about the 3x points, then you should have done it yesterday where at most you would lose a 3rd. I don't think anyone knows how long it will last, but you must do the match within the period (you do have the 45 days though). As far as how it works... It's been a LONG time since I've done it, but they basically cancel the old and redo it so the promo goes through the system. Some people might do it other ways, but thats how it was the last time I tried. Someone who knows better than me will most likely clarify where I am wrong.

Thank you for attempting to answer this confusing question of mine and hopefully somebody can tell how the transaction gets done. I was unavailable to do this yesterday and was not aware of it until today and that is why it did not happen. Obviously in hindsight I was not thinking that there would be a better deal than triple points with the birthday reward exactly a month later. Even so, the PS+ and the game make up for a lost $10 in RWZ if they have to do a refund/repurchase.

bread's done
Back