Best Buy C&C Red Alert 3, Crysis, Orange Box, FIFA, others PC $9.99 each with coupon

mtxbass1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFF

90227533.png

Best Buy currently has the following games for $20 off, with coupon, making them $9.99 each.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (8790463),
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Premier Edition (9066217),
Crysis (8447326),
Crysis Warhead (8995536),
EA Sports 08 Collection (9050019),
FIFA Soccer 09 (9054836),
The Orange Box (8521192)

This is available for all Reward Zone/Gamers Club members.

Coupon is available once you login to the reward zone website.

Edit: Because it always gets asked.

1. The reward zone is free. Go sign up on Bestbuy.com
2. The gamers reward zone is also free. Click on the link once you signup/login to the rewardzone site.
3. Limit 3 titles per coupon.
4. If you click on the provided link, and are using Firefox and see a coupon for Warhammer/Motorstorm, use Internet Explorer to view the link instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallascowboys']You do not need the dvd drive to play any EA game. If you make an EA account and download EA download manager, you can associate the serial with your account and then download the game like on steam. I had never heard of it before, but looked into it after I installed Crysis. As far as I know, it is compatible with all EA games.

Sorry for all the posts![/QUOTE]

thanks for this information.. I was curious about this

I took a trip to my local Best Buy specifically to pick up Crysis: Warhead and a copy of The Orange Box for my cousin. They were out of The Orange Box and I picked up the last copy of Crysis: Warhead. I did notice that they had about 15 copies of the C&C Premier even more of the regular versions. One would think that game didn't do so well.

Great deal OP. I picked up C&C premier, crysis, and warhead for 33 dollars even though I cannot run crysis or warhead on my current system it's still too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks again.

Man I hate there system. It tells me I made an account with them already and it will not let me make a new one but I dont remember the Email I used to make it with them or any of the information I need. Its very gay. I also lost my card.

[quote name='Vinny']Oh man... I can't believe I just saw this. Crysis and Warhead are already sold out at my nearest BB.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Same here ... Crysis & Orange Box both OOS. :cry: I wonder if it had anything to do with the Limit 3 per title or if they were OOS beforehand.

Thanks for the great deal information. I had to visit two different Best Buys, but found their only copies of both Crysis games. Also got Oblivion GOTY for $20 and Mass Effect for $20. :)

Anyone have an opinion on RA3- is it worth it? I don't mean is it worth it to buy it, $10.00 is definitely a great price, but I have C&C Generals and a backlog... If the gameplay is essentially the same, I'll probably pass. Don't flame- I gave up buying games for Lent and if I'm going to break my lenten promise, I want it to be worth it!

Read some reviews. It's more campy than your traditional RTS, with ridiculous units, scenarios, and time travel. It won't be the same game as C&C Generals.

[quote name='dboy81']Anyone have an opinion on RA3- is it worth it? I don't mean is it worth it to buy it, $10.00 is definitely a great price, but I have C&C Generals and a backlog... If the gameplay is essentially the same, I'll probably pass. Don't flame- I gave up buying games for Lent and if I'm going to break my lenten promise, I want it to be worth it!
[/quote]

Dude, it has combat bears and mechs. Tim Curry and George Takai. How could anyone pass that up?

[quote name='Vegan']Dude, it has combat bears and mechs. Tim Curry and George Takai. How could anyone pass that up?[/quote]

The unit types are way out there and are AWESOME. Scout bears ftw.

[quote name='Vegan']Dude, it has combat bears and mechs. Tim Curry and George Takai. How could anyone pass that up?[/quote]

LOL. Are there also sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads? Sold on your advice... Lenten promise broken, didn't even make it a week.

im still unsure if i should pick up ra3 or crysis with the drm it comes with. sure they are both amazing games, but is it really worth the hassle and crap that it comes with...

[quote name='dallascowboys']You do not need the dvd drive to play any EA game. If you make an EA account and download EA download manager, you can associate the serial with your account and then download the game like on steam. I had never heard of it before, but looked into it after I installed Crysis. As far as I know, it is compatible with all EA games.[/quote]

No, it's not. I installed four EA games--WAR, C&C:RA3, C&C3:TW, and C&C3:KW--and was able to link only C&C:RA3 to EA Download Manager. EA Download Manager incorrectly claimed the other three weren't available via download, so it wouldn't allow me to link them.

[quote name='bigwoof']can you register red alert 3...on steam?[/quote]

No.

Man, it was tough tracking down any copies of either Crysis yesterday. Only 2 Best Buys in the NW Chicago suburbs even listed it. Drove out of my way to get a copy of Warhead, where they had about 5-6 left.

Also picked up RA3: Premier Tin. Plenty of those at all the Best Buys around me. I already had gotten RA3 regular version for $10 with the coupon on 1/4, but for $10 I wanted the extras and the tin.

[quote name='thisjustanother']im still unsure if i should pick up ra3 or crysis with the drm it comes with. sure they are both amazing games, but is it really worth the hassle and crap that it comes with...[/QUOTE]

Crysis doesn't have the bad type of SecuROM, it doesn't install the rootkit or have activations, only checks if the CD is in the drive.

Gonna go pick up Crysis and RA3 (Because of the DRM, I might not buy this, if I do, it's the premium I pick up, to have around just in case I ever do decide to give up on my no SecuROM activation DRM buying).

Thanks for this!

I just picked up Orange Box, C&C Red Alert Premium, and Crysis. C&C Premium was stickered at $65, but it still rang up at $30.

Three games for the price of 1, or half of 1 if you count the stickered price!

Picked up C&C RA3 PE, Crysis, and Orange Box at Winston-Salem, NC store. I wanted Warhead but they were out of those. They had maybe 10 copies of the premium edition of RA3.

Sweet. I was able to pick a copy of C&C Red Alert 3 premier edition today. I got #2,586 out of 100,000.

Just so people know, if you can't print out the coupon, just write down the number underneath the barcode, and they can enter it in manually for you.

[quote name='darthbudge']Sweet. I was able to pick a copy of C&C Red Alert 3 premier edition today. I got #2,586 out of 100,000.

Just so people know, if you can't print out the coupon, just write down the number underneath the barcode, and they can enter it in manually for you.[/quote]

Will this work with the actually reward I.D? I printer doesn't have any yellow ink and it won't let me print at all. The only thing I can do is write down the member I.D. and as you suggested, the number beneath the barcode. I'm not sure if it'll work though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Weird...using Firefox, Best Buy is already showing me next weeks deals:

76426085.png
[/quote]

3/2/09 - 3/15/09. That's this week and next week.

Can anyone tell me if Red Alert 3 is very user-friendly to someone that hasn't really played many RTS games? I'm vaguely interested for $10, but don't want to buy something that will completely confuse me.

Also, which Crysis game is the better one to start with? Should they be played in order?

Thanks for any advice and thanks op for posting this!

[quote name='morphineseason']Can anyone tell me if Red Alert 3 is very user-friendly to someone that hasn't really played many RTS games? I'm vaguely interested for $10, but don't want to buy something that will completely confuse me.

Also, which Crysis game is the better one to start with? Should they be played in order?

Thanks for any advice and thanks op for posting this![/QUOTE]

From what I've gathered about Crysis.. Warhead is better optimized if you're running it on a machine that's borderline.. I am running on a newer nVidia MacBook so this concerned me. I got Warhead though, and it runs well at low/mid settings (very happy/playable). Warhead you get a shorter campaign @ 7 levels ~6-8hrs while the first is longer at 11 levels where I've read anywhere from 10-12+ hours of gameplay. With Warhead you get Crysis Wars which is the multiplayer part. Crysis Warhead also has the tough to get rid of Securom while Crysis apparently does not (just a Securom disc check).

I'm starting off w/ Warhead only b/c I did some research and got sure answers of it working on my machine while not so much w/ Crysis.. Plus ppl say it's a bit funner (more action) although shorter in length. Sorry prob more info than you wanted, but this was fresh on my mind b/c I wondered the same thing lol

[quote name='morphineseason']Can anyone tell me if Red Alert 3 is very user-friendly to someone that hasn't really played many RTS games? I'm vaguely interested for $10, but don't want to buy something that will completely confuse me.

Thanks for any advice and thanks op for posting this![/quote]

Red Alert has a few very good tutorial missions that cover most of the gameplay. The story itself is also fairly linear in regards to the early missions, so you won't easily get confused.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Will this work with the actually reward I.D? I printer doesn't have any yellow ink and it won't let me print at all. The only thing I can do is write down the member I.D. and as you suggested, the number beneath the barcode. I'm not sure if it'll work though.[/quote]

Yeah, actually, I just used the iPhone kiosk in BB to get the number from underneath the barcode, and then I asked them to look up my RewardZone ID number. All they needed was my phone number.

Painlessly picked up my copy of RA3 Premiere Edition at Best Buy! Thanks for the head's up.

That Assassin's Creed would be tempting if it were just $10 cheaper. At $20, I can wait.

[quote name='dboy81']LOL. Are there also sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads? Sold on your advice... Lenten promise broken, didn't even make it a week.
[/quote]

No, but there are attack dolphins.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Same here ... Crysis & Orange Box both OOS. :cry: I wonder if it had anything to do with the Limit 3 per title or if they were OOS beforehand.[/quote]
Probably because they're going to start selling Crysis Maximum Edition soon.

[quote name='thisjustanother']im still unsure if i should pick up ra3 or crysis with the drm it comes with. sure they are both amazing games, but is it really worth the hassle and crap that it comes with...[/quote]
Original Crysis has no SecuRom, (edit as neverletthem suggested). I'm actually wondering if it might go up in value if Crysis Maximum Edition contains SecuRom, but I don't know if it will.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Weird...using Firefox, Best Buy is already showing me next weeks deals:[/quote]
They're running multiple deals at once right now.

The BB in Boise, ID is cleaned out of everything but RA3. They had 10+ copies left after I picked up two last night. Every other game is out of stock there.

Thanks to the OP! I never check the reward zone website so I never catch any good sales there.

I found a copy of the Orange Box, but the cashier wouldn't let me use the coupon unless I had a physical copy of it...w.e. Guess I'll find a way to print it and go back another day.

btw, is the box suppose to feel a little light? I would think five discs felt a little heavier.

Stopped a the only best buy in Central Florida that had Crysis Warhead and C&C Premium Edition in stock, they had Orange box yesterday but apparently sold out of them. Still happy with those 2 as i at least own the OB on the 360.

I've read the thread and didn't see a post about using the coupon more then once. I want to score a bunch of copies fo RA:3 so that I can play it at work with my co-workers.

Can I go to one BB get 3 copies of RA:3 then go to another BB and get another 3?

Is there a way to get rid of the Crysis Warhead secrerom crap? I haven't installed it yet and don't want to if the drm is as bad as everyone said.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']I found a copy of the Orange Box, but the cashier wouldn't let me use the coupon unless I had a physical copy of it...w.e. Guess I'll find a way to print it and go back another day.

btw, is the box suppose to feel a little light? I would think five discs felt a little heavier.[/quote]

Orange Box is likely 1 or 2 discs. The 360 and PS3 versions are only one disc, so I doubt PC would have anymore.

Also, thanks mtxbass and aznguy for the advice. I think I'll hold off on Crysis. The demo didn't run the best, and I have a decent setup (4gb RAM, 9800GT 512 mb graphics card, quad core processor) and the game itself didn't seem that interesting. I might give RA3 a try though because of the tutorials.

[quote name='morphineseason']Orange Box is likely 1 or 2 discs. The 360 and PS3 versions are only one disc, so I doubt PC would have anymore.

Also, thanks mtxbass and aznguy for the advice. I think I'll hold off on Crysis. The demo didn't run the best, and I have a decent setup (4gb RAM, 9800GT 512 mb graphics card, quad core processor) and the game itself didn't seem that interesting. I might give RA3 a try though because of the tutorials.[/quote]

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. I was assuming there were five discs since bestbuy.com had a (5) next to "CD-ROM".

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. I was assuming there were five discs since bestbuy.com had a (5) next to "CD-ROM".[/quote]

It should be just 2 DVDs.

In for 3 RA3 Premier, 2 left at the Mundelein, IL location.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. I was assuming there were five discs since bestbuy.com had a (5) next to "CD-ROM".[/quote]

It says "PC DVD" on the front of the box. Pretty sad typo on Best Buy's part. 5 CD-ROMs in this day and age would be such a pain.

[quote name='flix1']Man, it was tough tracking down any copies of either Crysis yesterday. Only 2 Best Buys in the NW Chicago suburbs even listed it. Drove out of my way to get a copy of Warhead, where they had about 5-6 left.

Also picked up RA3: Premier Tin. Plenty of those at all the Best Buys around me. I already had gotten RA3 regular version for $10 with the coupon on 1/4, but for $10 I wanted the extras and the tin.[/QUOTE]
I picked up C & C Premier in Kankakee. I also own the regular version, but $10 for the extras was too hard to pass up :)

Picked up the last copy of Orange Box at my bb, was sold out of Red Alert 3. Didn't see any copies of Crysis either, though i didn't specifically look for them.

just got back from best buy on 27th or so thunderbird in phoenix, az. they had 2 ra3 premier boxes, few crysis original, and no warhead, and one orange box left. i took ra3 premier, and crysis. i will probably head to a few other best buys to see if they have warhead.

Forgot to post this, but there were literally at least 20 copies of RA3 Premier at the Best Buy in Signal Hill, CA yesterday. They were out of Crysis and Orange Box, and I got the last Crysis Warhead (which I totally didn't expect because it said that that store was out of stock online).

I'll trade Crysis, Red Alert, or Warhead for an Orange Box if anyone is interested.
Or obviously purchase plus shipping if you're feeling really nice.

*EDIT* I managed to track down a copy locally.
Great deal!

[quote name='Charybdis']Forgot to post this, but there were literally at least 20 copies of RA3 Premier at the Best Buy in Signal Hill, CA yesterday. They were out of Crysis and Orange Box, and I got the last Crysis Warhead (which I totally didn't expect because it said that that store was out of stock online).[/quote]

That happens more than you would think, on several occasion it's said out of stock online, but the store would have a few copies lying around. For example, it says there were no Crysis games at all at my local best buy in Moreno Valley, CA, but when I got there I saw 2 copies of Crysis.

bread's done
Back