Best Buy C&C Red Alert 3, Crysis, Orange Box, FIFA, others PC $9.99 each with coupon

mtxbass1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFF

90227533.png

Best Buy currently has the following games for $20 off, with coupon, making them $9.99 each.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (8790463),
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Premier Edition (9066217),
Crysis (8447326),
Crysis Warhead (8995536),
EA Sports 08 Collection (9050019),
FIFA Soccer 09 (9054836),
The Orange Box (8521192)

This is available for all Reward Zone/Gamers Club members.

Coupon is available once you login to the reward zone website.

Edit: Because it always gets asked.

1. The reward zone is free. Go sign up on Bestbuy.com
2. The gamers reward zone is also free. Click on the link once you signup/login to the rewardzone site.
3. Limit 3 titles per coupon.
4. If you click on the provided link, and are using Firefox and see a coupon for Warhammer/Motorstorm, use Internet Explorer to view the link instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='morphineseason']It says "PC DVD" on the front of the box. Pretty sad typo on Best Buy's part. 5 CD-ROMs in this day and age would be such a pain.[/quote]

ha, I take it you've never purchased a cheap PC game from Big Lots? Every fucking game I buy from them seems to have a billion CDs. Opened up Quake IV a few months ago to see 5 of 'em waiting for me! Almost wasn't worth the effort. Steam's spoiled me.

To anyone that's going to try the "add serial # to EA online" thing for Red Alert:

I don't know if this is normal, but it kept telling me my code wasn't valid when I tried submitting it online before installing the game. After installing it from the disc, it worked. That seemed really counter-intuitive to me.

[quote name='morphineseason']Can anyone tell me if Red Alert 3 is very user-friendly to someone that hasn't really played many RTS games? I'm vaguely interested for $10, but don't want to buy something that will completely confuse me.

Also, which Crysis game is the better one to start with? Should they be played in order?

Thanks for any advice and thanks op for posting this![/quote]

Red Alert 3 was only my 2nd RTS game (first one was warlocked for the GBC), very user friendly if you play on easy. The tutorial helps a lot and the game is fun enough where you want to keep playing.

Play Crysis then Warhead since Warhead is technically the expansion.

I got 3 copies of RA:3 Premier edition, a copy of Warhead, and a copy of the Orange box.

This was down at the West Hollywood BB. They had plenty of standard edition of RA:3 but I think I snaged the last tin versions along with the last Orange box and copy of warhead.

The online stock checker said there was nothing in stock minus RA:3 so I was very pleased to find the OB and Warhead. They might have other stuff still beyond RA:3 since the PC section is kinda of a mess and I didn't feel like digging around for copy of just Crysis.

Killer deal, thanks OP. Less then 55 bucks for all 5 games. It's crazy that one copy of Premier edition used to retail for $65.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Red Alert 3 was only my 2nd RTS game (first one was warlocked for the GBC), very user friendly if you play on easy. The tutorial helps a lot and the game is fun enough where you want to keep playing.

Play Crysis then Warhead since Warhead is technically the expansion.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. Did you try playing RA3 on Normal? If so was it pretty punishing? I'm at a point where I don't really like playing games on easy, but I guess if the easy mode offered more on screen tips or something it might be beneficial before I run around with my head cut off in Normal mode.

ha, I take it you've never purchased a cheap PC game from Big Lots? Every fucking game I buy from them seems to have a billion CDs. Opened up Quake IV a few months ago to see 5 of 'em waiting for me! Almost wasn't worth the effort. Steam's spoiled me.

I used to have a Big Lots right down the street from my house, practically. They closed down several years ago though. They never seemed to have much of a selection of anything whenever I went in there. That sucks with the CDs though. I know every time I have to install Diablo 2 and the expansion it's the biggest pain in the ass.

Well, I guess I was too slow on this deal. All the BB's near me are completely sold out of Orange Box. They had a ton of Red Alerts, I just didn't want to play it :p I loved the first Red Alert, but have not been very impressed with the newer versions over the years.

Here is to hoping they get more Orange Boxes in by the 15th :p Yea right ...

Snagged the last copy of Crysis and RA3 at my BB in Cedar Park TX. Trying to find Warhead at the BBs around Austin, no luck so far.

Orange Box is the only one that seems to be sold out everywhere. But can you blame it for 10 dollars you get 6 great games. That is a true deal.

I picked up RA3 Premier Edition and Crysis (I caved in and got Crysis after previously talking myself out of it). There were like 8 copies of RA3 Premier Edition and about 5 of both Crysis games at my Best Buy in Dubuque, IA. I guess nobody buys computer games in my area.

For the heck of it I checked for Orange Box and they did have one copy left despite the online inventory saying they didn't have any, so if anyone's looking for that make sure you actually go to/call the store and check, because the online inventory hasn't been very accurate lately.

[quote name='morphineseason']I picked up RA3 Premier Edition and Crysis (I caved in and got Crysis after previously talking myself out of it). There were like 8 copies of RA3 Premier Edition and about 5 of both Crysis games at my Best Buy in Dubuque, IA. I guess nobody buys computer games in my area.

For the heck of it I checked for Orange Box and they did have one copy left despite the online inventory saying they didn't have any, so if anyone's looking for that make sure you actually go to/call the store and check, because the online inventory hasn't been very accurate lately.[/quote]

The online inventory only shows items as in stock if there is something like 3 or more in stock at the store.

Thanks OP! I was able to snag:

Red Alert 3 Premier Edition
EA Sports Collection 2008
Crysis
Crysis: Warhead

from the Beaverton, OR store (I believe I got the last copy of warhead and RA3 Premier)

Got the last Orange Box and the second to last Crysis from the Best Buy store near me in Matthews, NC.

The Best Buy website said that Crysis: Warhead was in stock but when I went to the store there were none available.

Might go back in a later date to get Crysis: Warhead.

A salesman mentioned to me that there were some copies of Crysis in transit to the store, so you guys may want to ask your reps if there are any that may come in the next few days. I'll give them a call this weekend and hopefully get my copy.

Ok, managed to find an Orange Box after all.
The cashier was quite nice, but she couldn't manage to get the Chex coupons to ring up with the Reward Zone coupon already applied. She tried a couple of times though. They would scan in, but take off $0.00.
Someone else reported success with this, so I figured I would share my experience also.

Man, this sale dropped the going price for a Brand New copy of Red Alert 3: Premiere on half.com by almost $15 :(, and Amazon is even worse. I wonder if ebay has caught up yet.

Bought Red Alert 3. Pretty fun but... I'm not sure. Not as fun as I hoped it would be (I was a huge RA2 fan). But for $10 I shouldn't be complaining too much. I guess Relic and Massive RTS games ruined all other RTS games for me.

I might have missed my opportunity, was still wondering about orangebox as I have the 360 version, but decided too and now BB shows ALL stores in my area w/o it

Ah well =b the whole time they havent had watchmen tix in stock either =b

Still been great for RA3 premium, hope to pick a couple up for friends today

[quote name='KingDox']I've read the thread and didn't see a post about using the coupon more then once. I want to score a bunch of copies fo RA:3 so that I can play it at work with my co-workers.

Can I go to one BB get 3 copies of RA:3 then go to another BB and get another 3?[/QUOTE]

Anyone tried this yet?

[quote name='hobbie8046']Anyone tried this yet?[/quote]
I bought a copy of RA3 a few days ago, then used another copy of the coupon to buy Crysis Warhead last night.

[quote name='Shimrra']Orange Box is the only one that seems to be sold out everywhere. But can you blame it for 10 dollars you get 6 great games. That is a true deal.[/QUOTE]

orange box was OOS before the coupon was even active

they had three Orange Boxes at my local BB, but since I already have it on 360 (and don't care for it too much), didn't pick it up. didn't realize it was such a tough find.

Found a couple of copies of Orange Box at my Best Buy. They weren't in the correct alphabetical order, so I was bummed when I didn't see it at first. I was browsing randomly after that and found 2 copies stashed behind some other random games. Sorry to any CAG that might have put them there purposely to get them later : ) (I only bought one copy)

just came from the BB in Ontario, California and even though the site said there was none I was able to find two copies and bought one. REMEMBER!!!! even if the site says their out, go down and check it out if your near one. And to whoever hid the LAST copy in the San Bernardino store....fuck you man....fuck you...

I got The Orange Box and RA3 premier for around $14 after tax. I used the coupon, my $5 RZ certificate, and the $3 off chex mix coupon. I barely found a copy of OB. It was hidden behind some games, and there is no back to the shelf, so I saw it from the back. The inventory system is messed up, b/c online it said that the store did not have either game. If anyone lives near Irving, TX, the BB next to Dick's Sporting Goods and Fry's has one RA3 premier left.

Went to the best buy in union,NJ. I found one copy of crysis, few copies of RA3 and RA3P, and the instore pc said there was 3 copies of the Orange box. Searched through every row in the PC section, didnt find it. Got RA3P, will search other nj best buys to see if they got the orange box.

Hopefully a shipment of OB will arrive at the various BBs before the coupon expires. I would encourage those who do the stock check online to go to the store regardless- saw two copies of Crysis at a store I was at today but the online inventory said there were none. Someone before mentioned they only show in stock if there are 3 or more, I would tend to agree based on what I saw today.

According to the BB website, there pretty much isn't a single copy of Crysis: Warhead in the entire Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area.

Will still try to find one at a few local stores, but I'm not holding out hope. Did grab the last copy of Crysis from one store, and grabbed a copy of Red Alert 3 from a stack about 20 deep. They didn't even have any of the regular copies of the game. :D

I haven't shopped at BB in months, but I've dropped a couple hundred bucks there in the past week between this and the anime sale.

[quote name='dboy81']Hopefully a shipment of OB will arrive at the various BBs before the coupon expires. I would encourage those who do the stock check online to go to the store regardless- saw two copies of Crysis at a store I was at today but the online inventory said there were none. Someone before mentioned they only show in stock if there are 3 or more, I would tend to agree based on what I saw today.[/quote]

actually from what a friend told me tonight, who used to work at BB, the news about the site is true. if there is less than three available in store, the site automatically will set the status as unavailable. I found several stores that had Crysis and Crysis Warhead even though the site listed them as unavailable. Quick question though...is Crysis and Warhead worth getting? I've thought about getting it but I'm not sure...

Kudos to the OP. I'm off at school with no car so I can't make a drive to BB myself, but I talked one of my friends at home into making a trip for me so I scored a copy of RA3 Premier! Now I just have to wait until I return home in May to play it... :bomb: I should've asked him to get me Crysis too; $10 is definitely the sweet-spot for a game if I have any desire to ever play it, plus the Mechwarrior: Living Legends mod is built on Crysis so I'm gonna need a copy eventually.

I went to the Concord NH BB to get the Crysis games but they only had Warhead so I took the gamble and went to the Manchester BB to get them and they had lots of Crysis and one warhead. I lucked out there.

Went to the one in Saint Louis Mo, none of the prices were marked down but they all rang up at 30$. I bought 3 RA3s which had 65$ price tags on them for 10$ lol. (also an orange box). In Saint Louis, there are a good 10-15 copies left so gogogo.

edit: Ill post pics later

[quote name='Lithos']Went to the one in Saint Louis Mo, none of the prices were marked down but they all rang up at 30$. I bought 3 RA3s which had 65$ price tags on them for 10$ lol. (also an orange box). In Saint Louis, there are a good 10-15 copies left so gogogo.

edit: Ill post pics later[/quote]

Mine still had the $65 price tag on it too. It felt so liberating to only pay $10 for it.

[quote name='morphineseason']Mine still had the $65 price tag on it too. It felt so liberating to only pay $10 for it.[/QUOTE]Same here

I fucking hate corporate tape. I ordered my copy online for in store pickup, which I thought would make using the coupon ok, but when I got there they said no. So I asked if I could cancel the item and just buy it here in the store, and they told me I would have to call Bestbuy.com and cancel it. So I went back to the software isle to find my own copy, after searching for 10 minutes through the completely unorganized selection to no avail, I went back up front and asked if I could simply buy my copy I had ordered, return it, and then re-buy it with the coupon. They told me no, because even though the item was in the store in the first place, if it's returned as a Bestbuy.com order they have to ship it to the .com warehouse....wtf. Luckily a store employee helped me find a copy, but this whole ordeal is just so damn annoying.

I may go back and get Orange Box and Crysis.

[quote name='LucerinRed']Same here

I fucking hate corporate tape. I ordered my copy online for in store pickup, which I thought would make using the coupon ok, but when I got there they said no. So I asked if I could cancel the item and just buy it here in the store, and they told me I would have to call Bestbuy.com and cancel it. So I went back to the software isle to find my own copy, after searching for 10 minutes through the completely unorganized selection to no avail, I went back up front and asked if I could simply buy my copy I had ordered, return it, and then re-buy it with the coupon. They told me no, because even though the item was in the store in the first place, if it's returned as a Bestbuy.com order they have to ship it to the .com warehouse....wtf. Luckily a store employee helped me find a copy, but this whole ordeal is just so damn annoying.[/QUOTE]

I followed the same process of you but had no problem. Picked up my Bestbuy.com order, the promptly returned it and then repurchased it with the coupon. No hassles at all.

I wanted to do order online & instore pickup, but when I saw the coupon said In Store Only I knew not to go there even if it meant not getting the games. BestBuy.com & stores are separate so they don't work well together.

[quote name='inubu']I followed the same process of you but had no problem. Picked up my Bestbuy.com order, the promptly returned it and then repurchased it with the coupon. No hassles at all.[/quote]
yep, same here. second time i've done it without any problems. just bad luck i guess.

bread's done
Back