Best Buy: Cheap X-Live 3 month bundles

bruticus

CAGiversary!
Ok I hope this hasnt been posted since I actually looked.

While at my local BB just now I noticed they had the 3 month X-Box Live Bundles (which consist of 3 month membership, 400 points, & a headset) for only $19.99 on sale which is $10 off normal of 29.99 price and equal to just a 3 month card alone at standard price.

I considered this a good deal but not sure if its YMMV (my local stores never do independent sales at all though) and they had prolly 7-9 hanging

Hope this helps some people. Thanks

Not that great, IMO. You can get the messenger bundle for $59 on amazon, which comes with the messenger, 12 months of live, PGR4, and a headset.

Well it's a good thing no one's paying for your opinion. PGR4-maybe worth $5. Messenger kit-worthless. Headset value-$15 12 months of live $40.

Whereas the other one is Headset- $15, 3 months of live $5, and 400 points- FREE, or the live can be free. This is much better than the amazon deal. I don't know who would want to spend $40 extra on that junk.

A deals a deal be it good or not as good as the next place, but it's an option.

I'd actually use the msg'er kit for speedy text input for redeeming codes when I dont have access to a computer or when my buddies are watching movies on netflix and won't accept a party invite.

Imo it makes a good gift for someone who doesn't have a subscription and/or isn't someone you feel comfortable spending more than $20 for as a gift.

I'll check out BB if they have it. I know some ppl that need ms pts and a subcription refill.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Well it's a good thing no one's paying for your opinion. PGR4-maybe worth $5. Messenger kit-free ($30 value). Headset value-$15 12 months of live $40.

Whereas the other one is Headset- $15, 3 months of live $5, and 400 points- FREE, or the live can be free. This is much better than the amazon deal. I don't know who would want to spend $40 extra on that junk.[/QUOTE]

Except with mine, you get a whole year worths of Xbox Live. Unless you are getting it for a gift, there is no reason to get it as you are going to spend another $40 as you will get need more than 3 months of live.
To each his own I guess.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Well it's a good thing no one's paying for your opinion. PGR4-maybe worth $5. Messenger kit-worthless. Headset value-$15 12 months of live $40.

Whereas the other one is Headset- $15, 3 months of live $5, and 400 points- FREE, or the live can be free. This is much better than the amazon deal. I don't know who would want to spend $40 extra on that junk.[/QUOTE]

The headset is a piece of crap. If your going to complain about a bundle than this bundle is pretty much useless since yearly Live cards go on sale for $30 frequently which is only 10 dollars more than a bundle with a useless headset.

I need a new headset so I guess I'll check out BB. Does BB still offer extended warranty's on low cost items or is it just for big ticket stuff?

[quote name='Kamelot']The headset is a piece of crap. If your going to complain about a bundle than this bundle is pretty much useless since yearly Live cards go on sale for $30 frequently which is only 10 dollars more than a bundle with a useless headset.[/QUOTE]
That's my point.. with his deal it came to $40 for one year. With this one it would come out to $5 for 3 months. Even if you're lucky enough to get $30 live subscription, which you probably won't.. the $5 for 3 months is cheaper, because 3x4 is 12 and $5x4 is how much... $20!

The headsets are crap, but it's what you need if you want to communicate with people, or in my case with FRIENDS. So this is a much better deal depending on what you're looking for, I don't think anyone's buying this just for 3 months of live.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I need a new headset so I guess I'll check out BB. Does BB still offer extended warranty's on low cost items or is it just for big ticket stuff?[/QUOTE]

BB offers extended warranty on pretty much anything you add on the extended warranty on...but again you are paying for it.

FWIW, I stopped by a local Best Buy last night and the 3-Month/400 point/headset bundles still appeared to be priced at $29.99, so I would probably mark this deal as YMMV.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']fwiw, the last time i was at Micro Center, they had the 3-month XBL cards for only $9.99...[/QUOTE]

BBY has that price for 3mo cards, too... but they make you buy borderlands with it. :whistle2:|

[quote name='FeathersMcGraw']FWIW, I stopped by a local Best Buy last night and the 3-Month/400 point/headset bundles still appeared to be priced at $29.99, so I would probably mark this deal as YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Same :( Mine never has any good ymmv deals unless I want monopoly here and now for 360 for the awesome price of 19.something..

Sucks you guys couldnt land the same deal at your BB .... figured it would be across the board sale at all BB's cause my local BB's never have any YMMV deals that others see.

bread's done
Back