best buy...check it out

Though I appreciate the fact that we're getting all this info early, I am rather worried for the person doing this. Whenever they're found out, they will get fucked over.

[quote name='mario23air']But it doesn't say which day it's going on sale.[/QUOTE]

Kotaku suggests the 22nd as the day

I'll be so happy if I can nab one Thursday morning, since I have some giftcards to spend there. 1000x more happy if doa4 comes out next tuesday.

I'm more interested in getting the XM2go thing for free, well, six months of service and I gotta lie about working at Best Buy but like my grandad says, fuck 'em and feed 'em beans.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I'm more interested in getting the XM2go thing for free, well, six months of service and I. gotta lie about working at Best Buy but like my grandad says, fuck 'em and feed 'em beans.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that also , How would they know if you work for best buy. Best Buy dose there emp verifcations with theworknumber.com . There is know where put in your ssn# I guess they could send a list to BB and try to verify if there is a (your name at that city location) Humm worth it? Also I like the whole secret sell I know Im getting some gift cards for x-mas I guess I will just wate..

So you can also get the Collector's Edition of Call of Duty: Big Red One and Tony Hawk American Wasteland for $35 before tax that is awesome.

I can't believe they won't let their employees buy things until January 1. Isn't that supposed to be one of the bright spots of having such a shitty job?

LOL I read the first post, then read through till the XM thing and instantly tried. :D

$38.85 for service and no way around it.......:roll:

[quote name='Apossum']I'll be so happy if I can nab one Thursday morning, since I have some giftcards to spend there. 1000x more happy if doa4 comes out next tuesday.[/QUOTE]
mostlikey they are going to get their shipment on the thursdaynight , and sell it on the friday morning. im probably going to check thursday and friday morning, hopefuly i'll score one, better chance now maybe hehh

[quote name='Grugger']I'm camping out tomorrow night. I'll be sure to get an Xbox 360 by this weekend.[/QUOTE]
if no one is there tomorrow nite just go home man, mostlikey they are getting it on friday. i heard bb recive their shipments on tue, thursday. so save ur energy for thursday night

You sure it's a Thursday? The article mentioned Thursday but is that the day they'd expect to sell the Xbox 360's or just get them in?

[quote name='tigerjh81']according to kotaku.com they will be getting their shipment on the 22nd and will be put on sale the day after it[/QUOTE]

Could you post a link to the article. I can't seem to find it.

Everytime one of these comes out I become more and more hateful of BB....maybe im the only one.

[quote name='javeryh']I can't believe they won't let their employees buy things until January 1. Isn't that supposed to be one of the bright spots of having such a shitty job?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking family members in this case, but odds are the wouldn't get the discount. This truly does suck. Glad I didn't part time for good electronic deals.

anybody hear anything from their stores? I'm going try my store at 8am tomorrow, but they won't confirm anything...

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I was thinking about that also , How would they know if you work for best buy. Best Buy dose there emp verifcations with theworknumber.com . There is know where put in your ssn# I guess they could send a list to BB and try to verify if there is a (your name at that city location) Humm worth it? Also I like the whole secret sell I know Im getting some gift cards for x-mas I guess I will just wate..[/QUOTE]

English, please.

Is the Xbox360 coming to Best Buy for sure tonight/early morning Friday????

I'm going to camp out starting at 4pm. So I need confirmation or some kind of reinforcement that this isn't going to be in vain....

well, I asked at my BB and they said "it's not guaranteed."
I wouldn't camp out if I were you. actually, i wouldn't camp out period in this weather...

I was told by the manager of BB today, that if I come in tomorrow at 8, I can get one. He told me that I have a really good chance at getting one, even though he cant tell me that there are any

there better not be a line tonight. i'll be so pissed. i just wanna waltz on in there without freezing my ass off and get a damn 360, even though I know in the back of my head that it's kinda not worth it right now :lol:

My Best Buy said that they weren't going to do anything special for this round of consoles. They told my dad and I that they are going to make people come in and ask for them, instead of opening an earlier. Hopefully more places act like this and make you actually do some work, rather than camp out based on what you hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfoster1979
I was thinking about that also , How would they know if you work for best buy. Best Buy dose there emp verifcations with theworknumber.com . There is know where put in your ssn# I guess they could send a list to BB and try to verify if there is a (your name at that city location) Humm worth it? Also I like the whole secret sell I know Im getting some gift cards for x-mas I guess I will just wate..

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']English, please.[/QUOTE]

If you dont undresantd something why don't you just ask a question insteed of some smart ass comment... Last time I checked it was in english and thats what I speak so.... Lets break it down

I was thinking about that also
Meaning: I was also pondering this question

How would they know if you work for best buy.
Meaning: How would the find out and or verify that you are indeed an employee of said realtor.. I sould have put a ? not a . but oh well

Best Buy dose there emp verifcations with theworknumber.com
Meaning: Best as a company only verifies employment using a service called the work number with a web site called theworknumber.com I did transpose the s and e in the work DOES.

There is know where put in your ssn#
Meaning: The only way you can use the work number is with a Social Security number the form has no where you can put it

I guess they could send a list to BB and try to verify if there is a (your name at that city location)
Meaning: XM could make a list of all who ordered the the XM2go send it to best buy and have best buy search that city for an employee by name I sould have put a . but again sorry

Humm worth it?
Meaning: Is it worth it to you to try and maybe get it with a 300.00 charge

Also I like the whole secret sell I know
Meaning : I like how Best Buy is doing it this time I should have , then said my part about the Gift cards .

Im getting some gift cards for x-mas I guess I will just wate..
Meaing: I'm getting some Best Buy gift cards for christmas and I will just wate and use them on a 360...

Is that Clear now?

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Is that Clear now?[/QUOTE]

Not really. Run-on sentences and phonetically (mis)spelled words don't constitute English.

[quote name='daroga']Not really. Run-on sentences and phonetically (mis)spelled words don't constitute English.[/QUOTE]

What he said. It still makes next to no sense and the spelling/grammar makes my eyes bleed, but thanks for making it like 3 times longer!

I'll check my nearby BB at lunch since I have to go there anyway, I'm sure if there are any they'll be gone by then. No big loss since I'd probably just resell anyway.

Got to Best Buy in Waldorf, Maryland a few mintues before they opened. Walked in and was given a ticket for a 360. Picked up an extra controller and NBA 2K6. Paid just under $525 and was out in about 25 minutes.

I drove by a BB this morning and saw 30-40 ppl waiting outside about 15 mins before 8. I said fuck it and went to Target....while there, some older guy was asking about 360's and the lady said inventory showed they had one. When two guys went in the back to check, they brought out two :D Lucky me.

(Orange Park, FL. Longer version of story in TRU sale experience thread.) I walked in at 8:30 after coming from TRU and hopped in line. They did a head count, said I was the lucky last one, did another one then told me I missed out. I walked out, then U-turned back in to talk with an old friend. While waiting for him to finish ringing up the other people, manager comes out with one more Xbox. Damn. Lucky me for having a reason to stick around those extra couple of minutes.

went to 1, they said they're selling them tomorrow. Went to another, they handed tickets out at 6:30 am again and had sold out. stopped by TRU and Target, they had none.

oh well, wish me luck for tomorrow.

Circuit City had it in stock (not the core) this morning on their site. Yeah, it's the bundle but at least it's not horrible, the only thing you have to buy is the extra controller. Had it in my cart, was checking out....then changed my mind. I just don't want it that badly.

Sold out now.

This concludes the saddest chapter in American history.

my man at BB told me they got some yesterday (wed.) and were getting more today (thur.)...so i would assume that these frequent shipments are nationwide. i'd call your local bb if i were you the night before. i've found it helps more if you act like you know they're getting some in (i.e. "When should I be there if I want to get a 360 from you new shipment?" instead of " Are you guys getting any 360's?")

Also it's looking like EVERYONE wanting to score a 360 is heading to BB. look around, try target, wal-mart, sam's club (where i scored mine).

I hope the ebay and craigslist prices stabilize after xmas. i mean, people are only making $200 at most on ebay right now, after you figure in sales tax, paypal and ebay fees.

ah, and if you're living in chicago, still a virgin and have a 360 you don't care so much about, here's your chance: http://chicago.craigslist.org/ele/119893002.html

Not worth "the hunt" to me at this point...looks a lot like these things are going to be everywhere (meaning major stores like WalMart/BB/CC/etc) within a week or two. Now I'll just wait for a DEAL on one.

I got to my BB (Bangor, ME) at 7:10 this morning. The jackass taking a smokebreak in front of the store told me that I was wasting my time and that they didn't get any in. I told him that I am a fan of the cold and would just hang around to see if he was telling the truth. Before the doors opened I saw two people position themselves and one of them is waving a 360 voucher at me. I was one of a whopping two people in line when the doors opened. Definitly worth the trip. A big thank you to anyone who helped get this info out there; it is much appreciated.

Picked up a 360 today at my BB. Walked in at 8 and was handed the 4th ticket, and there were another 3-4 people buying theirs after me. I'm guessing they sold out by 9.

Finally!!!!

Arrived at the BB on North Ave. and Sheffield in Chicago at around 6:45am and was the second person in line. They only had 5 units in stock. Also picked up CoD2. I'll go back later for a Play and Charge kit. All in all a pretty good morning.

bread's done
Back