Best Buy Clearance 6-28 (YMMV of course)

joshnickerson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy in Athens, GA, they have a few bins of games marked at $4.99, $9.99 and 40% off. Highlights include NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams for $9.99 and Dragon Quest Swords (Wii) for 40% off.

Very YMMV, naturally, but if you missed out on the Mejier NiGHTS deal, it might be worth checking out.

Every time I see one of these posts I only find 2 year old sports games at my BB. I may stop in tomorrow just because I have 10 bucks in RZ certs to spend. It would be cool if I did find a good game deal.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Every time I see one of these posts I only find 2 year old sports games at my BB. I may stop in tomorrow just because I have 10 bucks in RZ certs to spend. It would be cool if I did find a good game deal.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I hear ya. All my Best Buy ever has for these markdowns are ancient EA $port$ titles and enough Wii Shovelware to choke a camel.

I was at my local Best Buy today (Dublin, CA) and they were selling a lot of 360 games for half off. They had the special edition of GTA IV for 360 for $35! Amazing price, but too bad I don't own a 360.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Shadowrun is $7.98 at Toys R Us currently.[/quote]

i would of picked it up there, but my TRU got picked clean of shadowrun

[quote name='dreamsINdigital']I was at my local Best Buy today (Dublin, CA) and they were selling a lot of 360 games for half off. They had the special edition of GTA IV for 360 for $35! Amazing price, but too bad I don't own a 360.[/quote]
really? I almost never see any video game deals at that best buy...
But I guess I don't go very often.. I really only go over there for the movie theater.

My local BB had a few games on a clearance table at the front, only things noteworthy that I saw were Jeanne D' Arc for 15$ and Halo 3 Legendary Edition 40$.

Best Buy in Crystal Lake, IL. had about 6 Guitar Hero II bundles for $61.00. I felt it was time to get in on the Guitar Hero craze and bought one.

my bb never has deals... i did find those ninja gaiden wall graphics at mine for 99 cents tho, me and my friend bought them out tho.

Stopped by the Best Buy in Antioch, TN. No go on DQS Wii. They had a rack right when you walk in, though, with Meet the Robinsons, Alien Syndrome, Fantastic 4: Silver Surfer Wii for $9.99. Needless to say, I passed.

I got Virtua Fighter 5 Online for 360, Dawn of Mana, and Baten Kaitos Origins all for $9.99 each. This was at the Cary, NC store. They had two bins at the front marked $4.99 and $9.99. The $4.99 bin was filled with original Xbox games (50 cent bulletproof, Backyard Wrestling, etc.) and the $9.99 bin was mostly filled with Golden Compass and PotC 360 games. I snagged the only copies of the three I got. They had the two bins stacked on top of two other bins. Not sure if those bins had anything in them.

Also, they had Halo 3 legendary edition for $49.99.

Picked up two copies of CoD4 (non-Game of the Year Edition) on PS3 for me and my friend @ $29.99 each at the Gainesville, FL Best Buy.

They also had a whole shelf full of games of all types, PS2/360/PSP/Wii/PS3, too many to list.

I went to the best buy in Galveston Texas while on vacation and they have something called the blue dot sale i have never in my life gotten games for so cheap. The manager their says if they game doesnt sell a certain amount of copies in the debut months its immediately discounted. Here is what i got:
ALL XBOX 360 GAMES

Soldier of Fortune $4.99
Warriors Orochi $4.99
Blacksite Area 51 $4.99
Beowulf $4.99
Cars Mater National $4.99
Jericho $4.99
Dirt $4.99
Dark Messiah $4.99
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam $4.99
Jumper $4.99
Lost $4.99
Naruto $4.99
Sega Rally Revo $4.99
Wartech $4.99
TMNT $4.99
Blue Dragon $9.99
Call of Juarez $4.99
Fantastic Four $4.99
Flatout $4.99
Rayman Rabbid Rabbies $4.99
Tetris Evolution $4.99
Spiderman Friend or Foe $4.99
GRAW 2 $4.99
Eragon $.99
The Golden Compass $1.99
Winning Eleven $2.99
Tony Hawk Project 8 $1.99
Tony Hawk Proving Grounds LE $4.99
Timeshift $9.99
The Club $4.99
Test Drive Unlimited $4.99
The Bigs $3.99

I purchased every single one of these games....i have never in my life seen such a deal on so many games at one store and they had several copies of each. I even saw the rare Wii, they had five of them. I think people over there have no clue what games are. This was the most money i have ever spent on one single purchase it was insane that they had all that.

[quote name='deyemondbacks']I went to the best buy in Galveston Texas while on vacation and they have something called the blue dot sale i have never in my life gotten games for so cheap. The manager their says if they game doesnt sell a certain amount of copies in the debut months its immediately discounted. Here is what i got:
[/QUOTE]

Was this at the BB in League City, which I think is about 20 miles from the Bay?

[quote name='deyemondbacks']I went to the best buy in Galveston Texas while on vacation[/quote]

Are you sure it was on Galveston Island? Their store locator doesn't show a store in Galveston. :whistle2:k

i believe it was this one Victory Lakes TX (Store 1469)
2510 Gulf Fwy S
League City, TX 77573-6743
Phone: 281-337-8617
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm
Sun 11:00am-7:00pm
.... There is about a string of three BB's within 10-15 miles of each other, it was on exit 20 that is all i recall and it was next to a newly build CC that hasnt been open and a super target. There was alot of stuff there last time i was there i have no clue whats left but good luck.

The discount bracket over there was as following
Games with BLUE DOTS only!
$59.99= 50% off
$49.99= $19.99
$39.99=$14.99
$29.99=$9.99
$19.99=$4.99

Also most games will have sticker prices of $59.99 so take it up and the usually ring up cheaper which gets you a better discount. They also have a lot of $9.99 games near the front registers.

Also all the stores in that area have MULTIPLE Xbox 360 Elites, Halo Edition 360's, Wii's, and PS3's. I went to about 20 different stores on about a 20 mile strip and got around 50 games and got several copies of MGS4 LE from GS. (They had several more)
They have 4-5 Walmarts, 1-2 CCs, 1-2 Sears, 4-5 Gamestops, 3-4 Best Buys, 1-2 TRU, 1-2 Targets, and a Hastings on Galveston Island. So if you happen to be in the area i highly recommend going for a quick game run.
Happy Shopping

[quote name='dreamsINdigital']I was at my local Best Buy today (Dublin, CA) and they were selling a lot of 360 games for half off. They had the special edition of GTA IV for 360 for $35! Amazing price, but too bad I don't own a 360.[/quote]

[quote name='deyemondbacks']I went to the best buy in Galveston Texas while on vacation and they have something called the blue dot sale i have never in my life gotten games for so cheap. The manager their says if they game doesnt sell a certain amount of copies in the debut months its immediately discounted. Here is what i got:
ALL XBOX 360 GAMES

Soldier of Fortune $4.99
Warriors Orochi $4.99
Blacksite Area 51 $4.99
Beowulf $4.99
Cars Mater National $4.99
Jericho $4.99
Dirt $4.99
Dark Messiah $4.99
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam $4.99
Jumper $4.99
Lost $4.99
Naruto $4.99
Sega Rally Revo $4.99
Wartech $4.99
TMNT $4.99
Blue Dragon $9.99
Call of Juarez $4.99
Fantastic Four $4.99
Flatout $4.99
Tetris Evolution $4.99
GRAW 2 $4.99
Eragon $.99
The Golden Compass $1.99
Winning Eleven $2.99
Timeshift $9.99
The Club $4.99
Test Drive Unlimited $4.99
The Bigs $3.99

I purchased every single one of these games....i have never in my life seen such a deal on so many games at one store and they had several copies of each. I even saw the rare Wii, they had five of them. I think people over there have no clue what games are. This was the most money i have ever spent on one single purchase it was insane that they had all that.[/quote]

Can you guys post a pic or receipt/price tags. Mine will price match but only if you have proof.

[quote name='deyemondbacks']Yeah but will the PM items that are on sale and do they do it with just a print out?[/quote]

Yeah, they said they can price match online with the site, printout, or even a pic on your camera phone. I am amazed at my BB. The ones I were interested in were

Blacksite Area 51 $4.99
Jericho $4.99
Dirt $4.99
Blue Dragon $9.99
Call of Juarez $4.99
The Club $4.99

Thanks for the help:applause::applause:

[quote name='utopianmachine']Stopped by the Best Buy in Antioch, TN. No go on DQS Wii. They had a rack right when you walk in, though, with Meet the Robinsons, Alien Syndrome, Fantastic 4: Silver Surfer Wii for $9.99. Needless to say, I passed.[/quote] ahhhh why did u pass on fantastic 4, its worth 30 at blockbuster!!!

My BB redesigned and relocated the VG dept in-store to where the car audio section was located; since then they've started the clearance.

10 copies of DOAX2 were there at 50%. I didn't care to check the price though... hopefully this is a sign of better things to come since it's new to my BB.

I might go this weekend, but I've never seen any great markdowns at BB aside from the aforementioned sports titles and shovelware -- which are still priced too high to count as a great sale anyway. Oh, forgot the "deal" of a bunch of PS2 Greatest Hits titles at 15-20 dollars.

GTA IV SE at 35 bucks? You've got to be kidding me... I would have taken at least two at that price!

My Bestbuy has some blue/red dot items does that mean they are clearance as well? They have a copy of the darkness marked @ $19.99 and crap for $5 I've been foolish not to buy it.

[quote name='dg7md']I might go this weekend, but I've never seen any great markdowns at BB aside from the aforementioned sports titles and shovelware -- which are still priced too high to count as a great sale anyway. Oh, forgot the "deal" of a bunch of PS2 Greatest Hits titles at 15-20 dollars.

GTA IV SE at 35 bucks? You've got to be kidding me... I would have taken at least two at that price![/quote]

Same here, thank god for price matching.:applause:

I just saw the Xbox version of the Special Edition GTA 4 selling less then the regular version. $58.99. $35 dollars is really damn nice.

Picked up a lone copy of Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution :ps2: for $1.99.

It rang up that way (no override) so I guess it must be a leftover from a previous clearance.

[quote name='deyemondbacks']i believe it was this one Victory Lakes TX (Store 1469)
2510 Gulf Fwy S
League City, TX 77573-6743
Phone: 281-337-8617
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm
Sun 11:00am-7:00pm
.... There is about a string of three BB's within 10-15 miles of each other, it was on exit 20 that is all i recall and it was next to a newly build CC that hasnt been open and a super target. There was alot of stuff there last time i was there i have no clue whats left but good luck.[/quote]

Were there more games at that location or did you snatch pretty much all of them up for the most part? I'm thinking about heading out there if it would be worth my while!

Edit: Nevermind... You clearly state in your post that they have several copies of each. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last weekend I picked the the last two copies of GTA4SE in North Pittsburgh for 35$ (they had only the PS3 version). Did not see it in other BBs. I thought it was a price mistake on my local BB, glad to hear its national.

bread's done
Back