Best Buy clearance items..

usickenme

CAGiversary!
At my local BB..

The Intec mobile power battery for the GC was $4.99

The GBA jukebox Mp3 player was $4.99 as well (comes with a 32 mb compact flash card)

If anyone can get 1 or more of those Gamecube batteries for me, I'll be glad to pay you back + shipping+ a little extra.

at my BB they had a shitload of 5.99 dvds, mostly shit, i picked up the american godzilla movie since im a godzilla fan even though that movie sucks ass

Thanks OP, I'll have to check out my local BBs this weekend. Getting the GBA jukebox is worth it just for the 32 meg flash card (I have a really cheap digital video camera/mp3 player that uses them).

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']at my BB they had a shitload of 5.99 dvds, mostly shit, i picked up the american godzilla movie since im a godzilla fan even though that movie sucks ass[/quote]

Just quoting you cause of your megaman ness, to get your attention. I cant beat a single level in mega man 2 or three, am I stupid or are these ridiculusly hard

play bubble man in MM 2 or magnet man in MM 3, those are the easiest levels and the ones you should play first, and yeah the MM games are close to Contra in terms of difficulty, damn spikes!!!!!

[quote name='usickenme']At my local BB..

The Intec mobile power battery for the GC was $4.99

The GBA jukebox Mp3 player was $4.99 as well (comes with a 32 mb compact flash card)[/quote]

Page 43 of the Gamepro in-store magazine, $5 off any Intec accessory.

Good luck everyone.

Good luck indeed. I tried the same thing with a $5 off any Interact accessory coupon a while ago and picked a $3 GBA case. The cashier and manager both agreed it only applied to the link cable pictured on the coupon even though it said ANY Interact Accessory. I wrote a complaint letter to Best Buy and their response? Manufactuer's coupons usually have restrictions and the manager's decision was final. They ignored the fact it was a Best Buy store coupon, not a manufacturer's coupon and I typed out the terms for them to see that I was right. They just didn't want me to get a free item.

Yup, I picked up that GC Battery Pack from my local Bestbuy for $5. great price. Never even thought about that Intec coupon though! Damn, if I could've gotten it for 1 cent that would've been even better! Oh well, still not bad. It was the last one too, or else I would've been willing to pick up more for those who wanted them, sorry.

Oh, and I also picked up these items (YMMV as your BestBuy is probably out and/or *might* not have them on clearance, but I have a feeling it's nation-wide):

Wireless GBA-SP headphones - $1.99
Universal S-Video A/V cable (Xbox, PS1/2, GC) - $1.99
Xbox Combat Cable (basically 2 7ft ethernet cables and a 2 port hub) - $4.99

[quote name='jputahraptor']play bubble man in MM 2 or magnet man in MM 3, those are the easiest levels and the ones you should play first, and yeah the MM games are close to Contra in terms of difficulty, damn spikes!!!!![/quote]

Which Contra? Surely not the first 2? I'm sure almost everyone here can beat those without losing any lives.

[quote name='Edge']
Wireless GBA-SP headphones - $1.99
Universal S-Video A/V cable (Xbox, PS1/2, GC) - $1.99
[/quote]

I may have to pick these up at BB.

I'm still waiting for them to clearance out the EReader like everyone else has. There are still a plentiful supply of them for $40 each at the local Best Buys.

[quote name='littlemonkey']My BB price for the Intec Battery still $49.99. Oh well...

littlemonkey[/quote]

Mine too, both black and indigo (I had them scan both). I was so looking forward to getting one for free.

[quote name='eurenix'][quote name='jputahraptor']play bubble man in MM 2 or magnet man in MM 3, those are the easiest levels and the ones you should play first, and yeah the MM games are close to Contra in terms of difficulty, damn spikes!!!!![/quote]

Which Contra? Surely not the first 2? I'm sure almost everyone here can beat those without losing any lives.[/quote]

:bs:

[quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='eurenix'][quote name='jputahraptor']play bubble man in MM 2 or magnet man in MM 3, those are the easiest levels and the ones you should play first, and yeah the MM games are close to Contra in terms of difficulty, damn spikes!!!!![/quote]

Which Contra? Surely not the first 2? I'm sure almost everyone here can beat those without losing any lives.[/quote]

:bs:[/quote]

Excellent use of the bs flag 8)

I've beaten it with no continues on the Konami code and I'm not that good a gamer, but even the best have to have problems with some of the less than perfect control of the NES controller- enough that blitzing through it with 0 lost lives is a bit of a feat.

SI

Edited for typos that popped out at me.

[quote name='sterlingice'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='eurenix'][quote name='jputahraptor']play bubble man in MM 2 or magnet man in MM 3, those are the easiest levels and the ones you should play first, and yeah the MM games are close to Contra in terms of difficulty, damn spikes!!!!![/quote]

:bs:[/quote]

Excellent use of the bs flag 8)

I've beaten it with no continues on the Konami code and I'm not that good a gamer, but even the best have to have problems with some of the less than perfect control of the NES controller- enough that blitzing through it with 0 lost lives is a bit of a feat.

SI[/quote]

What's so unbelievable about my statement? The biggest challenge in those two games is when enemies "suddenly" rush at you, or possibly the boss patterns. They're both fairly short games, so remembering when to dodge is not that difficult. Go through the levels 2, 3 times, and you should have a pretty good chance of making it through any given level on one life.

As for the controller, other than leaving square imprints in your hands, what was wrong with it? If you want to bitch about any of the controllers for the NES, bitch about the nes MAX. Giving an analog-like component to a digital pad is just evil.

P.S. I can't believe I forgot the biggest challenge in contra; trying to make a jump and falling short because your fucker of a partner stopped moving forward.

This stuff was on clearance at my BB when I went to check for the clearance games...but only for half off the original skyhigh price. :p

[quote name='maiku'][quote name='cronnos']Guys... one question:
What is YMMV?
Sorry, I'm still a cheapass newbie![/quote]

YMMV = your mileage may vary

If you see any other underlined acronyms, put your mouse pointer over it and look at the tooltip.

This'll help too: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/faq.php#0[/quote]

Duh! That was easy! Thanks guys...

[quote name='valleyvampiress']4.99 for the Intec battery?! woah. I just wish those screens would go on sale too.[/quote]

I know, now there's probably thousands of people out there with mobile batteries, but no screens to play them on (myself included). Maybe they intentionally made the batteries uber-cheap to get you to buy the overpriced screens :)

Did anyone actually find anything useful at BB? They had none of the games listed....

I hate BB, they never carry enough copies of unhyped or under hyped games.

bread's done
Back