Best Buy Cyber Monday Sale

[quote name='209chromatic']$25 code when you spend $250 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...er/pcmcat288300050007.c?id=pcmcat288300050007[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing this to my attention would have missed it!
boombbom

Is Kid Icarus worth $20? I know that price is half off what it normally is, but is the game fun? I was a little disappointed when I heard that it's basically an on rail shooter with wonky controls.

[quote name='Randolph4233']Is Kid Icarus worth $20? I know that price is half off what it normally is, but is the game fun? I was a little disappointed when I heard that it's basically an on rail shooter with wonky controls.[/QUOTE]

I would say so, the controls are a problem but don't forget you get the stand, and the game itself is really good.

Thanks OP, in for Starfox at that price.

Dumb question but will these prices be reflected in-store? I'm assuming so since there's nothing about it just being an online exclusive. Wanting to pick up Starfox.

[quote name='Raye']Dumb question but will these prices be reflected in-store? I'm assuming so since there's nothing about it just being an online exclusive. Wanting to pick up Starfox.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same, but it would be rather counter-intuitive since it is "Cyber" Monday. :lol:

[quote name='JiveT']harry potter kinect reminds me of sega cd and not in a good way[/QUOTE]

All the webcam peripherals always remind me of when I used to work in CompUSA back in the day and we had these webcams you could play volleyball with. And you'd move and the sensor would detect movement and it would assume that was you, knocking a poorly constructed digital ball around.

And it was "fun." I'd walk by that display and I'd flick my finger and the ball would fly like crazy around the monitor. And kids would go crazy and parents would go bananas and buy them up like they were Tickle Me Elmo's (before the guy sticking his hand up Elmo's butt turned out to be a pedo).

Yeah, those gimmicks were lame then and 20 years later, they've become pathetic. Perhaps if MS hadn't completely stripped Kinect of all its Natalwesome, then perhaps it could have been the seismic shift it promised to be. Kinect reminds me that MS took a promising, awesome technology that many a geek SALIVATED for and then turned it into a stripped down, motorized webcam for kiddie gaming.

And you know what?

That's just downright irresponsible. Imagine what that technology could have done if it were incorporated into every HDTV. Imagine remotes being a thing of the past. Nope. Let's just make stupid Wii Sports wannabes and poorly executed exercise games instead, right? Because that's way better use of said patents and technology.

Just irresponsible. Next, they'll take the cure for cancer and instead of using it for that, turn it into a hair loss treatment for men.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email from eBates just now with a buy 1, get 1 50% off at BB offer on games. I don't see it mentioned on BB or ebates.com so I guess its only available through that email link.

edit: ok now I see it. crappy games. :\ not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may pick up Angry Birds for 360. My wife has been wanting it, and hates playing it on a cell phone. Great deal on 3ds games too. I may have to get Star Fox. $20 sounds about right for it.

[quote name='Randolph4233']Is Kid Icarus worth $20? I know that price is half off what it normally is, but is the game fun? I was a little disappointed when I heard that it's basically an on rail shooter with wonky controls.[/QUOTE]

Only about 25%(if that) of the game is an on-rails shooter, and let's not forget the entire multiplayer aspect, which is actually quite good for a portable title. The controls are only weird at first, after about an hour or so you'll get used to them(I even came to the realization that it was the only way the controls WOULD work, any other way would feel too clunky). Other than that, the game itself is fantastic. Great visuals, good length, and extremely well-written and voiced. If you can't tell, I loved it. :lol:

Now that Black Friday is over, can we get price matches/adjustments, because I purchased MOH: Warfighter on release for $59.99, and now it's on sale for 28.99

[quote name='Blaster man']I love it how Kinect Sports Ultimate Edition is $24 but still in stock at the MS store site for $15.[/QUOTE]

Actually, after typing the above, I looked at eBay and people are paying $20+ for Kinect Sports Season 2, which is the one I have. So I guess I'll just sell my copy of Season 2 and buy Kinect Sports Ultimate. I got Season 2 last Black Friday for $15 from Walmart so I'll just try to sell it for the same price + shipping to undercut everyone and essentially trade it for the complete version.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I may pick up Angry Birds for 360. My wife has been wanting it, and hates playing it on a cell phone. Great deal on 3ds games too. I may have to get Star Fox. $20 sounds about right for it.[/QUOTE]

Angry birds is $20 for 360 at amazon right now. $15 for ps3.

FWIW I owned both ocarina and starfox for 3ds and couldn't get into them. With such a backlog I think I've played enough revisions of those games over the years. Believe it or not last xmas both games were sold for $40 as a package at a site called or specials.com. Traded them in for $36 at bestbuy earlier this month.

[quote name='Poor2More']Now that Black Friday is over, can we get price matches/adjustments, because I purchased MOH: Warfighter on release for $59.99, and now it's on sale for 28.99[/QUOTE]

I believe BB will start doing price matches and adjustments again on Tuesday.

Why are people saying these deals are horrible? Half price for any Nintendo-published game is a great deal. I have never seen OoT or Starfox on sale this deep before.

[quote name='advanced']I believe BB will start doing price matches and adjustments again on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Yup, just came back from my local BBY and there were signs plastered all over Customer Service saying no price matches between Nov 24 - Nov 27.

[quote name='blinknot4']Amazon has matched Ocarina for $19.99. Temporarily out of stock - but you can still order it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6E800/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/QUOTE]

they also have kid icarus temporarily out of stock

[quote name='SDC']Why are people saying these deals are horrible? Half price for any Nintendo-published game is a great deal. I have never seen OoT or Starfox on sale this deep before.[/QUOTE]

only one person said they're horrible and he's a noob

[quote name='advanced']I believe BB will start doing price matches and adjustments again on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

do they match their online prices now or not until tuesday?

can i get these deals in store?

[quote name='Proudgamer']Best Buy Cyber Monday
some of the more notable titles(someone's already covered the 3ds titles)

$29.99
Prototype 2
tekken tag 2
transformers fall of cybertron

$19.99
angry birds trilogy
starfox 3d
zelda oot 3d
kid icarus:uprising
harry potter kinect

as well as some udraw stuff and headsets[/QUOTE]
Is there any chance in hell the $30 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 includes the WiiU version? I'm dying to get that but I've exhausted my gaming budget these past 2 months.

[quote name='rcerboss']Is there any chance in hell the $30 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 includes the WiiU version? I'm dying to get that but I've exhausted my gaming budget these past 2 months.[/QUOTE]

I would love it if TTT2 was on sale for $30 on the Wii U as well. I highly doubt it will be though :cry:

[quote name='benjamouth']Yup, just came back from my local BBY and there were signs plastered all over Customer Service saying no price matches between Nov 24 - Nov 27.[/QUOTE]

I just got two games priced matched from the Microsoft Store, actually forgot they weren't still doing price matching. lol So YMMV on getting that now that it is Sunday and for the most part the crowds are gone.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Placed an order at around 8 central. Still haven't received a confirmation email, nor in store pickup email...[/QUOTE]

I did a store pick up today to and never got any emails but it shows as available in my account on the site. They must be having an issue with their email system today.

Decided that for $12.99 with my free $5 reward zone certificate, I'd finally play with the UDraw tablet. So picked that up along with Pictionary and Marvel what you call it.

I really wanted to stop spending money but it did not happen :( ordered Zelda, Icarus, and Starfox. I needed a new 3ds game but I somehow bought 3 lol

[quote name='BudzMcGee']

I did a store pick up today to and never got any emails but it shows as available in my account on the site. They must be having an issue with their email system today.

Decided that for $12.99 with my free $5 reward zone certificate, I'd finally play with the UDraw tablet. So picked that up along with Pictionary and Marvel what you call it.[/QUOTE]

Mine is showing "In Process", but I've still received nothing yet...

Stripping out the fun of new technology is actually more common than you think. Nintendo did the same thing with Virtual Boy. The original prototype that I saw was better and cheaper... and 2 years earlier! The VB flopped because they tried to take it in a different direction instead of embracing what it was. The prototype system and games were very cool.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']All the webcam peripherals always remind me of when I used to work in CompUSA back in the day and we had these webcams you could play volleyball with. And you'd move and the sensor would detect movement and it would assume that was you, knocking a poorly constructed digital ball around.

And it was "fun." I'd walk by that display and I'd flick my finger and the ball would fly like crazy around the monitor. And kids would go crazy and parents would go bananas and buy them up like they were Tickle Me Elmo's (before the guy sticking his hand up Elmo's butt turned out to be a pedo).

Yeah, those gimmicks were lame then and 20 years later, they've become pathetic. Perhaps if MS hadn't completely stripped Kinect of all its Natalwesome, then perhaps it could have been the seismic shift it promised to be. Kinect reminds me that MS took a promising, awesome technology that many a geek SALIVATED for and then turned it into a stripped down, motorized webcam for kiddie gaming.

And you know what?

That's just downright irresponsible. Imagine what that technology could have done if it were incorporated into every HDTV. Imagine remotes being a thing of the past. Nope. Let's just make stupid Wii Sports wannabes and poorly executed exercise games instead, right? Because that's way better use of said patents and technology.

Just irresponsible. Next, they'll take the cure for cancer and instead of using it for that, turn it into a hair loss treatment for men.[/QUOTE]

I picked up U draw set and the Marvel U draw game on 360 for my kid, used a $10 reward zone cert on it and only paid $16 for both. The U draw didn't have free shipping though which I thought was kind of strange. I also picked up It's always sunny in philly season 5 and 6 on bluray for $7.99 each, that's a damn steal.

^ That's a decent price for everything it has to offer...Also Finally Transformers Fall of Cyber-tron is on sale! Picked it up!

[quote name='Raye']Dumb question but will these prices be reflected in-store? I'm assuming so since there's nothing about it just being an online exclusive. Wanting to pick up Starfox.[/QUOTE]

Not sure...I was in BB today and saw Tekken Tag 2 for $30, and that is part of the CyberMonday deals...so I'm assuming yes.

bread's done
Back