Best Buy deal on King of the Hill sets

boomhauer.jpg

I tell you what.. boy, I'm... uh... think'n bout click'n on that site n orderin up a bunch ahhhh, half price... box set, n' watch em all, sittindown.. marathon n' drink a beer n' laugh my butt off, n'....uh... that's a pretty good deal right there.

It is a shame that Fox has stopped producing the season sets... one of the most underrated shows in history (first season was mediocre), and the second longest running animated series in history behind the Simpsons

[quote name='PKRipp3r']
boomhauer.jpg

I tell you what.. boy, I'm... uh... think'n bout click'n on that site n orderin up a bunch ahhhh, half price... box set, n' watch em all, sittindown.. marathon n' drink a beer n' laugh my butt off, n'....uh... that's a pretty good deal right there.[/quote]

Dang ol'... yo, man.

[quote name='zman73']It is a shame that Fox has stopped producing the season sets... [/quote]

really?! that sucks big time. this is one of my all-time favorite shows. relatively clean comedy that's actually quite good. i'm only missing season 4 of what's been released so far, but i guess now i'm gonna be missing a bunch.

[quote name='zman73']It is a shame that Fox has stopped producing the season sets... one of the most underrated shows in history (first season was mediocre), and the second longest running animated series in history behind the Simpsons[/QUOTE]

Really? I find that hard to believe..........2nd longest running animated series? What about South Park, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Rugrats?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']What about South Park, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Rugrats?[/quote]
South Park and Rugrats might be close, but Flintstones and TMNT didn't have nearly as many seasons (even if you count the newer TMNT, which you shouldn't) and i don't think Looney Tunes resides in the same category as it's structured differently. also, KotH and Simpsons stand alone in the prime time spot.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Really? I find that hard to believe..........2nd longest running animated series? What about South Park, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Rugrats?[/quote]

I was bored so i did a quick search. According to wikipedia (good enough source), both king of the hill and south park premiered in 1997, but King of the hill was in January while south park was in august. As for rugrats, i don't know, maybe it had a gap in programming.

Really love KOTH... too bad I already own all the seasons.

And no more being made? LAME. Looks like it's illegal torrents for me! Fox, you're driving me to steal from you... stupid, stupid corporation. GIVE me something to spend money on!

[quote name='zman73']It is a shame that Fox has stopped producing the season sets... one of the most underrated shows in history (first season was mediocre), and the second longest running animated series in history behind the Simpsons[/quote]

No way!?!?! That's really ridiculous. It's like what happened to the Boy Meets World people, Malcolm in the Middle, and my show, Mad About You/Sliders.

I guess I'll have to get these sooner than I expected since I want to have a copy of these. Is this deal still running?

Can anyone post a link to any dvd info/news site that says these are being disconintued?

Also, is this deal still going in store or anywhere else? I missed this deal and skipped out on the BOGO DD had awhile back on them.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Can anyone post a link to any dvd info/news site that says these are being disconintued?

Also, is this deal still going in store or anywhere else? I missed this deal and skipped out on the BOGO DD had awhile back on them.[/quote]

http://tvshowsondvd.com

the in store and website deal ended at the same time and the BOGO from DD was the only other recent deal for it.

and i wished this had come true too.

KingOfTheHill_S7_coming.jpg

I literally just wrapped watch all six (released) seasons for the forth or fifth time. The show gets better and better with every viewing.

You could kind of tell that the sets weren't making enough much when they switched to double sided discs. :whistle2:/ Hopefully this and Boy Meets World gets finished one day.

[quote name='WebScud']
You could kind of tell that the sets weren't making enough much when they switched to double sided discs.[/quote]

well, if Fox is wondering why sales dropped off, i can offer this: after Season 2, the DVD creators dropped all the extra content (commentaries, making of, storyboards). of course, they still kept charging a premium price without any of the premium content. at this point, i stopped buying them at first-day prices, and began waiting for sales (like this one). you can't just charge people 30-35 bucks and not add in any bonuses. that's ridiculous.

[quote name='allyourblood']well, if Fox is wondering why sales dropped off, i can offer this: after Season 2, the DVD creators dropped all the extra content (commentaries, making of, storyboards). of course, they still kept charging a premium price without any of the premium content. at this point, i stopped buying them at first-day prices, and began waiting for sales (like this one). you can't just charge people 30-35 bucks and not add in any bonuses. that's ridiculous.[/quote]QFT. I have been dissappointed in the KotH sets since they dropped all the extras. Simpsons gets incredible DVD sets, so should KotH. I believe the caliber of the show warrants it.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']QFT. I have been dissappointed in the KotH sets since they dropped all the extras. Simpsons gets incredible DVD sets, so should KotH. I believe the caliber of the show warrants it.[/quote]

agree 100%

bread's done
Back