Best Buy DotD: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC] $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this a few weekends ago when BB had this and Ghost for $35 each. Wonder if it's worth getting a $5 price adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. AC3 totally turned me off the AC series...but $30 in early January seems so tempting... what to do...???
I was the same. ACIV is everything ACIII wasn't and that's a good thing. I did not like ACIII at all but IV is my favorite in the series.

so... the TIV today with 10% unlocked is 28.6 for ps3. with sales tax these come out to 25.51 each. if i do a store pickup of 3 copies, trade in 2 before I leave, I walk away with 1 for 19.35, but its somewhat underhanded... decisions decisions.

Thanks OP! Bought one for the PS3 to upgrade to the PS4.  Will use the 10 dollars I got from adding money from paypal to pay the upgrade.  I also used some vanilla visa I got for Christmas to help pay the 29.99, so all in all it cost me 7 bucks and some change out of pocket.  I was seriously about to buy it for 60 from PSN last night, but I decided not to and I am so glad for it!

So, I already bought the PS4 version from Sam's club deal, but it is still sealed, so I can return or resell it. Just trying to decide if Id rather have the "pure" PS4 version, or the PS3/PS4 hybrid.
If you have both consoles, IMO it's pretty silly to buy for the PS4 only when you can get two copies for less cost. That way you can play with friends on both consoles and not have to pick and choose who you play with online.

Boy, this really confounds my Don't Buy Assassin's Creed Games Until They're $20 'Cause You Know They Will Be $20 Eventually Rule.

Will also pipe in and say that this game totally washes the bad taste that AC3 left away. To be fair, the parts that make it great are the parts that are not AC-like (exploring the huge map and capturing ships).

Snagged one for the 360.

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning on buying at $4X.XX somewhere in the next few days.

ok so the voucher to upgrade to ps4 in the game case says "$10 OR FREE"

what does that even mean? fine print states nothing along the line of the "OR FREE" part.

I definitely want to pick this up for Wii U but I'm patient and I'll wait. The price seems to be dropping quickly and it'll hit $20 before too long and on sale for $15 at some point this year (like AC3 was around Black Friday) wouldn't surprise me.
No doubt. Watch for GameFly deals coming up.

Does the PS3-->PS4 upgrade require any copy of PS3 AC4 to run inside the PS4, or only that specific copy of PS3 AC4?  In other words, could you redeem the voucher and trade in the PS3 disc while the trade in value is still high, but then pick it up again (a different copy) later when it is cheaper to be able to play your waiting PS4 version?

Caved and picked it up, backlogged on ps4 stuff mainly because I still play ps3 stuff. Will keep it sealed just in case it goes to 20 within my Elite return period.

Gameplay footage looks great though.

Does the PS3-->PS4 upgrade require any copy of PS3 AC4 to run inside the PS4, or only that specific copy of PS3 AC4? In other words, could you redeem the voucher and trade in the PS3 disc while the trade in value is still high, but then pick it up again (a different copy) later when it is cheaper to be able to play your waiting PS4 version?
I'm pretty sure you can.

How does the PS4 upgrade work?  I won't have a PS4 anytime soon, though I will eventually get one.  I am tempted to get this, but I am wondering if I can get the PS4 upgrade added to my account somehow now (redeem through website?) without access to a PS4.

Thanks!

How does the PS4 upgrade work? I won't have a PS4 anytime soon, though I will eventually get one. I am tempted to get this, but I am wondering if I can get the PS4 upgrade added to my account somehow now (redeem through website?) without access to a PS4.

Thanks!
I just read that you can do the upgrade even if you don't have a PS4 yet.

Scored a copy for 23.99 with code in case.  Also grabbed Dishonored GOTY for 11.99 (they had it in the old yellow tag for 14.99 so I took the game and yellow tag up and the GCU brought it down to 11.99, sweet deal.)

PS3 to PS4 upgrade worked fine for me.

You redeem the code on PS3 or PS4.  

That let's you buy the $9.99 upgrade on PSN.

Once you have your PS4 you can then download the digital version (include extra missions).

You must have the PS3 disc in the PS4 drive to play ACIV.

ok so the voucher to upgrade to ps4 in the game case says "$10 OR FREE"

what does that even mean? fine print states nothing along the line of the "OR FREE" part.
I believe this pertains to the price of AC on the PS store. So if it's on sale for $49.99, it's "Free"

I have been on the fence about this game.  I really like the idea of sailing the seas and fighting other ships.  So, I bit on the 360 version.

Have any of the upgrade eligible titles been on sale on PSN yet?
No, and it wont last forever. I look at it this way. When you buy the PS4 you get $10 free. Also, I did the payal deal a few weeks ago and got the $10 code free yesterday used that, so it all balances out eventually.

I have been on the fence about this game. I really like the idea of sailing the seas and fighting other ships. So, I bit on the 360 version.
Don't be game is great, I have played and beat every AC game. This one is awesome, yes it does get a little repetitive but so did the others, but with the Pirate theme it is so much more fun and really big.

One more thing, if you previously had the PS4 game first then did what I did and traded that and bought the PS3 version, make sure you delete the entire thing from your HD before you play or it will think you don't have the disc even with it in.

Iv got AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3, ACL all on backlog, but I can't resist. I have a problem, I am a CAG.

Im skipping AC1 cuz no trophies, ill watch the whole thing on youtube someday

Iv got AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3, ACL all on backlog, but I can't resist. I have a problem, I am a CAG.

I think CAG needs a support group for people like you. If that's your backlog just within the AC series, I'm guessing the full backlog is massive. You know, there's a good chance the game drops under $20 before you get around to playing the game...

I think CAG needs a support group for people like you. If that's your backlog just within the AC series, I'm guessing the full backlog is massive. You know, there's a good chance the game drops under $20 before you get around to playing the game...
Happens to a lot of CAGs actually. It's just the feel of getting a new game cheap. Nothing comes close! You'd be surprised how many CAGs would jump on a $5 game, regardless of how bad it is.

Happens to a lot of CAGs actually. It's just the feel of getting a new game cheap. Nothing comes close! You'd be surprised how many CAGs would jump on a $5 game, regardless of how bad it is.
So true, I can't even count how many times I've bought games that were $15 or cheaper just because it met my ideal purchase price point.

Any of you guys have your copies shipped out yet? I got my tracking number but no info is available yet. :/
Keep in mind that tracking info can take a few hours to post/update, as well as the fact that they generate a tracking number when the item has been prepared for shipping and a shipping label has been generated and not when it physically leaves the warehouse.

I've noticed ship to store items take a little longer to process now.  I ordered NBA 2K14 for ship to store last Saturday and it didn't ship out until yesterday evening.  In the past, the distribution center was really good about shipping items out to the store destination within 1 business day.  Seems like 3 days for me is the norm the past few weeks. 

You know what though I've beat all of them and really you could play this one first before the others no huge connection story, but the pirate theme is cool.

Well I checked again for my tracking info and it's still not there. Been at least a day and a half since I got the email that it shipped.

Am I being impatient? :/

What a great deal on the comeback title of the series. I purchased this day one (ps4) and have committed myself to getting my first legit platinum. I only have two trophies to get, but there in multiplayer.The worse part is one of the trophies is for reaching level 55. I have never committed to a mp before and BF's mp is a different beast. I just try to level x2 each time I log in. I DO love sinking my weapons into the competition though, but some of these players make me want to curl up in the fetal position and sob over my deaths.I thinking I should have it sometime in Feb but may be wishful thinking once the the semester starts and I hoping for a sale on the season pass but unlikely. Any ps4 player's please send me a invite to Moorman777 for some shanking fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back