Best Buy DOTD: Mario & Sonic at the Olympics Games Tokyo 2020 - $34.99

To buy and return or take the chance that it will still be in stock tomorrow and attempt a painful price adjustment chat... decisions, decisions.

How's the game for those that own it?
There's a demo on the e-shop, and it gives a decent impression I suppose. Me and my son played the demo and thought it was fun, and he got it for Christmas, so we played the full game as well, and it's more of the same. For me, this game is like all other "N" related sports titles, as if you like crazy over the top play mechanics, you know what your getting. For me, there's just to much of that, as the 100 meter dash in this game is complicated, at least to me.

I just want to alternate button presses, and may the best man win. In this game, I feel like I'm playing Mario Kart trying to get a quick start, and then using a shell at the proper time to squeak out the win at the finish line. I swear "N" & SEGA loves to fix shit that ain't broken, time, and time again.

Now some of the events I found cool(Skeet Shooting, Archery), and much easier to play, but I've only probably touched about 5% of the overall game, so take my review with a grain of salt. So would I play it more, sure, why not, as it's decent enough. The old school graphics on certain events is a nice touch, so for the moment, I'm interested to give it more play time, so not terrible I suppose, at least not yet? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to alternate button presses, and may the best man win. In this game, I feel like I'm playing Mario Kart trying to get a quick start, and then using a shell at the proper time to squeak out the win at the finish line. I swear "N" loves to fix shit that ain't broken, time, and time again.
Sega is the developer and publisher. So your outrage at N here is more than a little misdirected.

Sega is the developer and publisher. So your outrage at N here is more than a little misdirected.
Point taken, but since this feels very much like most "N" sports titles from forever(which I'm sure is by their design), and nothing goes out in the wild with their characters without their direct 110% approval, I'll amend my statement and include SEGA as well.

I know it won't be until after the Olympics next Summer but this will probably be $20 just as often as Mario + Rabbids always is.

Went ahead and got it after I noticed I got a $25 reward because I had bought some concert tickets with my credit card during the spend $250+ outside of Best Buy promo

bread's done
Back