Best Buy DotD: Save $20 on LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens

Ugh, I am super tempted but I have everything all digital this gen. I hate when there are great deals like this and I hold off because they are physical copies : /

dont worry, your patience will pay off when you get it digitally for half this price
Plus, digital allows for use on two different consoles, which is how I've been buying them of recent so I can use them on two different 360s.

Wait long enough and you'll pick it up for $10 or less when on sale. I'm only missing Avengers, Jurassic Park and TFA and the rest have been bought digitally for $5-$10 each.

Fml, they just did a return rebuy and now I'm going to lose my certificate. I didn't even realize what they were doing. Goddammit

Never tell them you want to Price Match. The correct wording that should be used is POST PRICE ADJUSTMENT. Using those words have never failed me.

Is the season pass / deluxe content a digital code on either PS4 or XBox One.  Wondering if it is worth flipping that and keeping the code for later when the game is cheaper?

Probably going to skip it either way.  Working my way through the Vita version and that is probably enough of it for a while.

So, if I price adjust and they do return/rebuy thing will I lose my points? My Star Wars points were manually added to my account by the forum employees if that matters.

Ugh, I am super tempted but I have everything all digital this gen. I hate when there are great deals like this and I hold off because they are physical copies : /
Then buy it physical, get the Platninum trophy or 100% completion, then sell the game. Just pretend it's on your hard drive because after you 100% it you'd likely never touch it again anyway.

Is the season pass / deluxe content a digital code on either PS4 or XBox One. Wondering if it is worth flipping that and keeping the code for later when the game is cheaper?

Probably going to skip it either way. Working my way through the Vita version and that is probably enough of it for a while.
I have the ps4 version and it's a code. Not sure about x1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then buy it physical, get the Platninum trophy or 100% completion, then sell the game. Just pretend it's on your hard drive because after you 100% it you'd likely never touch it again anyway.
I am never one to 100% LEGO games, too tedious. Digital is perfect for them because they are the epitome of games you just randomly go back to here and there.

Never tell them you want to Price Match. The correct wording that should be used is POST PRICE ADJUSTMENT. Using those words have never failed me.
Obviously, I'm not new at this lol. They did it because the girl couldn't figure out "how to make my GCU apply to the adjustment." Never had a problem before thus.

Obviously, I'm not new at this lol. They did it because the girl couldn't figure out "how to make my GCU apply to the adjustment." Never had a problem before thus.

I have so much eBay credit now, I think it's time to cash out. This is a good way to convert a couple hundred. Thanks!
Have you been getting thee can't apply ebay gift card to your account yet? I tried using an ebay GC today and got I was over the order limit for gift card use. So I'm guessing that's the $2000 in 60 days BS.

Have you been getting thee can't apply ebay gift card to your account yet? I tried using an ebay GC today and got I was over the order limit for gift card use. So I'm guessing that's the $2000 in 60 days BS.
On PC I would be getting errors when entering like the 3rd gift card but i don't think it's the limit. Just glitch.

When I'm on mobile I'm trying to use the ebates app but every time I try to log into Paypal through its browser it logs me out.

Called and got my adjustment for my online order...but, unfortunately, even after mentioning GCU, they only refunded me about $7...which is about half of what they should have. Didn't feel like arguing or trying another rex because I had already wasted 24 minutes on that call due to being on hold for so long.

You forget about turning credit into cash?
Yeah, this changed everything for me. I want to get out of this credit thing and cash out, its not worth my time. Is this the first time Gamestop has matched cash to credit? I don't recall it in the past (maybe once?) and want to decide if I should try to max this out which I would prefer not to.

Thanks op.  I called and price matched (Elite Plus - rep knew about GCU!).  I'll be getting back $17.40.

Yeah, this changed everything for me. I want to get out of this credit thing and cash out, its not worth my time. Is this the first time Gamestop has matched cash to credit? I don't recall it in the past (maybe once?) and want to decide if I should try to max this out which I would prefer not to.
Probably happens like twice a year? Just remember there is about a $500 cash limit before you get banned.

I bought two 360 copies and traded 1 into GS for cash. I was planning on doing the same for the 2nd but I actually like the LEGO games so I am playing the other copy first.  LEGO and Star Wars means the trade value will hold well. I can finish before the cash promo ends.

On PC I would be getting errors when entering like the 3rd gift card but i don't think it's the limit. Just glitch.

When I'm on mobile I'm trying to use the ebates app but every time I try to log into Paypal through its browser it logs me out.
This is actually before I even log into paypal through ebay. Just entering a gift card code and hitting apply gives me that message. I rolled heavy in June so I probably hit the limit. What sucks is it's retroactive. Like they come up with a new rule and say well it's new on July 15th, but all your past (when there was no rule) also counts for the new rule. So now I got to wait 30 more days to use my gift cards ebay because you guys got a bug up your @sses about policy.

This is actually before I even log into paypal through ebay. Just entering a gift card code and hitting apply gives me that message. I rolled heavy in June so I probably hit the limit. What sucks is it's retroactive. Like they come up with a new rule and say well it's new on July 15th, but all your past (when there was no rule) also counts for the new rule. So now I got to wait 30 more days to use my gift cards ebay because you guys got a bug up your @sses about policy.
Yeah it is BS. I'm not that big in flipping though so I only ever flirt with 1K in gift cards

Thanks, I converted my remaining BB GC and reward certs to GS cash.

You know what is better than cash?

GameStop's cash!

When they have enough, that is.

called got a post price adjustment how ever the CS guy I talk to would not match it with my GCU but he did price it as $29.99 flat no tax so I only lost out $4.20 not big deal

I wasn't singling you out but just wanted others to know there's a difference between PM and PPA. Your situation sucks and never let that girl touch any of your orders that need adjusting in the future. I'm sure you've already come to that conclusion.

You may not lose your cert. Just keep an eye on it. After 15 days, I've had a price adjustment go awry and ended up with a return/rebuy and never lost the 500 points. I don't know if it's because I was after the traditional return period but I would just keep an eye on it.

Ok so the employees messed up and processed everything like this on each receipt I received: exchange, price match, exchange, price match (4 total receipts). After the first exchange and price match i noticed I was only receivng $6.xx back instead of $17.xx I was supposed to get. Somewhere in between of the first price match and second exchange I believe there was a void or something else. In the final price match, the amount of $22.xx was given on top of the $6.xx I was given, for a total of $28.xx.

So, should I be worried and contact the BB forums in case this reaches the 3 per platform limit? This was for the deluxe edition on the PS4 and right before the price matches I also bought one copy of the regular edition on the ps4.

Ok so the employees messed up and processed everything like this on each receipt I received: exchange, price match, exchange, price match (4 total receipts). After the first exchange and price match i noticed I was only receivng $6.xx back instead of $17.xx I was supposed to get. Somewhere in between of the first price match and second exchange I believe there was a void or something else. In the final price match, the amount of $22.xx was given on top of the $6.xx I was given, for a total of $28.xx.

So, should I be worried and contact the BB forums in case this reaches the 3 per platform limit? This was for the deluxe edition on the PS4 and right before the price matches I also bought one copy of the regular edition on the ps4.
I would do nothing. .

I bought two 360 copies and traded 1 into GS for cash. I was planning on doing the same for the 2nd but I actually like the LEGO games so I am playing the other copy first. LEGO and Star Wars means the trade value will hold well. I can finish before the cash promo ends.
Guess I learned my lesson. The TIV dropped to $20 on the 360 copy.

So I did the price match as explained earlier and I just noticed that I also received $20 out of the $30 in certificates I used originally for the Deluxe Edition. In the end I got $48 back in GC and certificates.

bread's done
Back