Best Buy DotD Thread: Select Movies on Bluray ($19.99-$49.99)

MochaRaf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey guys,

Blu-Rays and DVDs tend to pop up on sale as the Deal of the Day every now and then at Best Buy. Instead of making a separate thread everytime a movie or TV Series is featured as the DotD, I decided to just consolidate them all into one thread. I will always submit a lower price to Amazon for any DotD featured here, I recommend those people who have Amazon credit or prefer buying from Amazon do the same.

Deal of the Day for June 20th, 2015.

Select Movies on Bluray starting at $19.99.
Price: $19.99-$49.99
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-movies-on-blu-ray-disc-141316

DotD Overview Page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-movies-for-national-pi-day-136489

Past DotD
Deal of the Day for May 4th, 2014.

Blu-Ray Deals

Star Wars: The Complete Saga [9 Discs / Blu-ray] (Blu-ray Disc)

Previous Price: $89.99
Current Price: $79.99
Price Drop: $10.00
Price At Amazon: $89.96, a $9.97 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

45 deleted scenes
90 miinutes of Star Wars spoofs
A conversation with the masters: the Empire Strikes Back 30 years later 2010
Anatomy of a dewback, 1997
Audio commentary for each move with George Lucas and crew
Cast & crew interviews
Classic creatures: Return of the Jedi 1983
Matte painting and concept art
Never-before-released audio commentary for each movie from archival interviews with cast and crew
Props, maquette and costume turnaround
Star warriors, 2007
Star wars tech 2007
The Empire Strikes Back SPFX 1980
The making of Star Wars 1977

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-complete-saga-9-discs-blu-ray-blu-ray-disc/2550164.p?id=2208592&skuId=2550164&st=dotd-20140504&lp=1&cp=1

Star Wars Trilogy: Episodes I-III [2 discs] (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Spa/Fre/Por)

Previous Price: $44.99
Current Price: $34.99
Price At Amazon: $31.99, a $3.00 difference in your favor from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Audio Commentary for each movie with George Lucas and crew
Audio Commentary for each movie from archival interviews with cast and crew

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-trilogy-episodes-i-iii-2-discs-blu-ray-disc/1737655.p?id=2744275&skuId=1737655&st=dotd-20140504&lp=2&cp=1

Star Wars Trilogy: Episodes IV-VI [2 discs] (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Spa/Fre/Por)

Previous Price: $44.99
Current Price: $34.99
Price At Amazon: $31.99, a $3.00 difference in your favor from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Audio commentary for each movie with George Lucas and crew
Audio commentary for each movie from archival interviews with cast and crew
Closed Captioned

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-trilogy-episodes-iv-vi-2-discs-blu-ray-disc/1737646.p?id=2744394&skuId=1737646&st=dotd-20140504&lp=3&cp=1

LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace (2 Disc) (Blu-ray Disc) 2011

Previous Price: $9.99
Current Price: $7.99
Price Drop: $2.00
Price At Amazon: $8.99, a $1.00 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Bombad bounty
LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace
Star Wars in 2 minutes (Part 1)
Star Wars in 2 minutes (Part 2)
The Clone Wars animated comics
The quest for R2-D2
Closed Captioned

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-padawan-menace-2-disc-blu-ray-disc/4797823.p?id=2367690&skuId=4797823&st=dotd-20140504&lp=4&cp=1

DVD Deals

LEGO Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out (DVD) 2013

Price At Amazon: $7.99, a $0.00 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Closed Captioned

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-empire-strikes-out-dvd/8166041.p?id=2650689&skuId=8166041&st=dotd-20140504&lp=5&cp=1

Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles (DVD)

Price At Amazon: $9.99, a $2.00 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

Closed Captioned

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-star-wars-the-yoda-chronicles-dvd/5044019.p?id=3167141&skuId=5044019&st=dotd-20140504&lp=6&cp=1

Deal of the Day for April 27th, 2014.

Avatar (3 Disc) (Collector's Edition) (Extended Edition) (Blu-ray Disc) 2009

Previous Price: $29.99
Current Price: $19.99
Price At Amazon: $22.98, a $2.99 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features:

17 featurettes covering the performance capture, scoring, 3D fusion camera, stunts
Alternate opening on Earth
Capturing Avatar: an in-depth feature-length documentary covering the filmmaker's journey including all-new interviews with James Cameron, Jon Landau, cast and crew
Family audio track (all objectionable langauge removed)
Interactive scene deconstruction: explore various stages of production through 3 different viewing modes
Over 45 minutes of never-before-seen deleted scenes
The Art of Avatar with over 633 images

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/avatar-3-disc-collectors-edition-extended-edition-blu-ray-disc/1283795.p?id=2096332&skuId=1283795

Second Deal of the Day

Avatar (3 Disc) (Collector's Edition) (Extended Edition) (DVD) (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV) (Eng/Spa/Fre) 2009

Previous Price: $19.99
Current Price: $14.99
Price Drop: $5.00
Price At Amazon: $19.98, a $4.99 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Special Features

Alternate opening on Earth
Capturing Avatar: an in-depth feature-length documentary covering the filmmaker's journey including all-new interviews with James Cameron, Jon Landau, cast and crew
Over 45 minutes of never-before-seen deleted scnees
Family audio track (all objectionalbe language removed)

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/avatar-3-disc-collectors-edition-extended-edition-dvd/1283713.p?id=2096332&skuId=1283713

Deal of the Day for April 6th, 2014.

Man of Steel[(2 Disc) (Ultraviolet Digital Copy)]

image.jpg

Previous Price: $19.99
Current Price: $12.50
Price Drop: $7.49
Price At Amazon: $14.69, a $2.50 difference from Current Best Buy DotD sale price.

Features:

-Format: AC-3, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound,
NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, Multiple Formats
-Language: English (Dolby Digital 4.0), English (Dolby Digital 6.1 EX), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
-Subtitles: Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, French
Dubbed: Latin Spanish
Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired: English
-Region: Region A/1 (North America Only)
-Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
-Number of discs: 3
-Rated: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
-Studio: Warner Home Video
-DVD Release Date: November 12, 2013
-Digital Copy Expiration Date: November 12, 2015. Not yet confirmed whether this UV Digitial code works on both UVVU and iTunes.
-Run Time: 143 minutes

Best Buy Product Page Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/man-of-steel-2-disc-ultraviolet-digital-copy-subtitled-blu-ray-disc/1805695.p?id=2750600&skuId=1805695"][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/man-of-steel-2-disc-ultraviolet-digital-copy-subtitled-blu-ray-disc/1805695.p?id=2750600&skuId=1805695[/url]"]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/man-of-steel-2-disc-ultraviolet-digital-copy-subtitled-blu-ray-disc/1805695.p?id=2750600&skuId=1805695

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting on a deal for The Purge: Anarchy and $9.99 for the BR suits me just fine.  Glad I didn't buy it at launch for over $20.

Local store didn't even have it for $9.99. I had to show the cashier it was $9.99 on my phone. Coupon didn't scan for me. $9.99 was fine for me though.

Any way to use the Rio 2 coupon other then print? I don't have access to a printer.

I was hoping it was a code etc that I could use. Great deal for those who get to snag it.

Picked up Planet of the Apes and Rio 2, had to show them the DOTD on my phone because both rang up for $25.  Coupon wouldn't scan and manager said they would not honor it.

When you use a coupon at Best Buy they have to go to the payment screen, type $5.00 and press F7. It puts it on the transaction as an MFG coupon, it's like cash. They can't scan it, it won't work. I have gotten three of these movies today, PM plus the Coupon. 

When you use a coupon at Best Buy they have to go to the payment screen, type $5.00 and press F7. It puts it on the transaction as an MFG coupon, it's like cash. They can't scan it, it won't work. I have gotten three of these movies today, PM plus the Coupon.
I bought 2 pmd at Target with coupon $5 each

Amazon has pmd some of them (didn't check all)

Man....missed out on Rio 2 and How To Train 2, again (also on BF).

Even though the links still show up as 9.99 in my cart it is showing 52 and some change.

Grand Budapest Hotel for $5.99. This pisses me off because I just paid $12 for it. Not sure how to adjust that for an in-store pickup order that I haven't picked up yet, but I'll figure it out.

Grand Budapest Hotel for $5.99. This pisses me off because I just paid $12 for it. Not sure how to adjust that for an in-store pickup order that I haven't picked up yet, but I'll figure it out.
OP has been updated. And at least you didn't pay $17.99 like I did, lol. If you pick it up today they should be able to adjust it to the DotD price during time of pickup. If you can't pick it up today I would just recommend placing a new in-store pickup order and allowing the original order to expire if you have the means to do so.

Thanks OP and The Prize Fighter Inferno. Used a $5 cert and got it for $1.07  :D/

edit- Awesome I get a free 100 reward zone points too, nice!

They can do it in-store by doing a return-and-rebuy at time of purchase, or just have them cancel the in-store pickup order when you go to pick it up and ring it out at the CS desk.

Wasn't able to order from either local Best Buy store. The first one kept getting removed due to being out of stock at the store (despite saying it was available) and the second one went through and I later received an email that it wasn't available. I was finally able to place a backorder order for shipping. Who knows when I'll get it but since it's already airing on HBO, it's not like there is a rush.

They can do it in-store by doing a return-and-rebuy at time of purchase, or just have them cancel the in-store pickup order when you go to pick it up and ring it out at the CS desk.
Don't do a return. You can return a in-store pick up for 24 hours. They can however cancel the order and then ring you up with the product instead. The rep may not know this though, I don't think they've always had the ability to cancel.

Wasn't able to order from either local Best Buy store. The first one kept getting removed due to being out of stock at the store (despite saying it was available) and the second one went through and I later received an email that it wasn't available. I was finally able to place a backorder order for shipping. Who knows when I'll get it but since it's already airing on HBO, it's not like there is a rush.
I had to do a backorder as well. These things sold quick. I'm not worried though, popular movie that is getting Oscar buzz... it'll get restocked pretty quickly I imagine.

I had to get it on backorder as well, I really hope it doesn't fuck with bonus points too. Really kicking myself for only see this right now I could have PM at target or stop at my bb since I was there earlier in the day but didn't check for dem dealz, lol

Don't do a return. You can return a in-store pick up for 24 hours. They can however cancel the order and then ring you up with the product instead. The rep may not know this though, I don't think they've always had the ability to cancel.

I had to do a backorder as well. These things sold quick. I'm not worried though, popular movie that is getting Oscar buzz... it'll get restocked pretty quickly I imagine.
They have been doing online order cancellations for years.

Is it normal for BB to put a movie on DotD and leave it that price for a while? I ordered my copy for pick up last night and it was still $5.99.. used my shopkick gift card and only cost $1.35 out of pocket

Is it normal for BB to put a movie on DotD and leave it that price for a while? I ordered my copy for pick up last night and it was still $5.99.. used my shopkick gift card and only cost $1.35 out of pocket
It's a bit unusual, though it has happened before. I think that since this is going to get a Criterion release at some point, BB is likely to want to clear through stock before the Criterion release comes out.

Normally no. It seems like they just did in this instance (probably found it was selling like mad and want to clear stock).

Deal of the Day for February 8th, 2015 is select movies for $4.99-$11.99 w/ Movie Cash.

I really wish Blue Ruin would have been available for pickup or gotten matched by Amazon. That's a great movie that I would love to own on blu.

Sorry for the late post, been very busy today. Anywho, today's DotD is select Oscar-Nominated movies ranging from $4.99 to $22.99.

DotD for March 14th is Select Movies on Sale for Pi Day starting at $4.99. Will try to update OP later with titles of movies when I land.

OP Updated with DotD for April 1st, 2015:

Walking Dead: Season 4 [5 Discs] (Limited Edition) (Boxed Set) (Ultraviolet Digital Copy) (Blu-ray Disc) priced at $59.99.

It's definitely not as good as the first one, but if you're looking for mindless action you could do worse.
This would be the cheapest way to get the first two movies and yes, they're mindless action though not too terrible.

Amazon has a three pack of all three movies for $40 currently, though if you wanted all three movies, you can get this two pack for $10 and the new one for $20, saving yourself $10.

If you want all three at some point, pick up this two pack and wait for the third movie to drop in price, probably by BF of this year, if not earlier.

bread's done
Back