Best Buy DVD Ad 1/15-1/21

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thanks to speedy1961 over at the DVDTalk.com forums. FYI no games are listed over there.

**** DVDs / DVD sets ********
Two For The Money >>>> $16.99
Junebug >>>> $16.99
The Man >>>> $16.99
Lord of War >>>> $16.99
Lord of War: Special Edition >>>> $19.99
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room >>>> $19.99
Underclassman >>>> $19.99
Venom >>>> $19.99
All Souls Day >>>> $14.99
Funny Factory with Mickey (Mouse) >>>> $11.99
Funny Factory with Donald Duck >>>> $11.99
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Free Movie Cash (up to $10.50 value AND On-Pack) to see Final Destination 3 with purchase of Final Destination: Scared 2 Death 2 Pack
Final Destination: Scared 2 Death 2 Pack >>>> $14.99
Any of The Lord of the Ring Extended Version Sets >>>> $19.99 each

2 for $10 Specials
Enemy At The Gates
Trading Places
Superstar: Dare to Dream (SNL)
Bad News Bears (O'Neal / Matthau)
Flashdance
The Score (2001)
Double Jeopardy
Kiss The Girls
**** All Above Must be purchased on same receipt ****
2 for $20 Specials
Team America World Police (Rated / Unrated)
Sahara
The Longest Yard (Sandler)
Coach Carter
Kicking & Screaming
The Interpreter
Land of the Dead (R-Rated / Unrated)
Carlito's Way
Carlito's Way: Rise to Power
Unleashed (R-Rated / Unrated)
Fever Pitch (Extended / Standard)
Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior
Dumb & Dumber: Unrated
Looney Tunes: Spotlight Collection
Jaws: 30th Anniversary Edition
Raise Your Voice
The Green Mile
The Jacket
The Cincinnati Kid
Hide and Seek
Star Trek: Nemesis
Big Fish: Special Edition (pictured)
The Wedding Date
Because of Winn-Dixie
Cheaper By The Dozen (Martin)
Best in Show
The Blues Brothers: 25th Anniversary Edition
Blue Collar Comedy Tour
Full Metal Jacket
Battle of the Bulge

**** All Above Must be purchased on same receipt or the regular price is $14.99 each ****

DVD Sets:
Queer As Folk: Season 2 >>>> $39.99
Bill Murray Collection: Stripes: Extended Cut / Ghostbusters (latest version) / Groundhog Day: Special Edition >>>> $19.99
1st & Ten: The Complete Collection (Former Wal*Mart exclusive) >>>> $16.99
Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 3 >>>> $22.99
Titus: Season 3 >>>> $29.99
The Adventures of Superman: Season 1 >>>> $21.99
The Adventures of Superman: Season 2 >>>> $27.99
Lois & Clark: Season 1 >>>> $31.99
Lois & Clark: Season 2 >>>> $39.99

Oddly enough, 1st & Ten is listed as a 1/24 release on Best Buy's website. In past experience, when there's been conflicting dates on the website and the flyer, the website has been correct.

For example, when Puddle Cruiser came out a short while ago, the website had a release date of 12/6. Puddle Cruiser showed up as a Tuesday 12/13 release on the flyer for the week of 12/13.

When I went to Best Buy on 12/6, Puddle Cruiser was already in stock, and showed in stock on the website (both for in-store pickup and online purchase).

So, if any of you are going to pick up that 1st & Ten set (and you should, it's a fucking steal at $16.99! I paid $19.99 at Wal-Mart the day it came out, and I feel like I got a terrific deal.) and don't find it in-stock that day, check the next week.

Didn't know that they were going to make that Wal-Mart exclusive set available elsewhere. That's great; I know that individual season sets were going to be released this year (at $30 a pop!), and I'm glad to see they did away with that and gave people a great deal.

Thanks for posting the ads, DemoMan! :D

EDIT:

Circuit City online also shows a 1/24 release date for 1st & Ten.

Since I bought Dumb & Dumber Unrated and Ong Bak within the past 2 weeks, do you think that they will price match it if one of them is open?

Ong Bak was 20+ for months and now it's part of a 2/20 deal. Damn.

For those who haven't seen it, I certainly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.

Man I'm surprised that some of those movies are out already. Seems like Lord of War was just in theatres....
Oh and thanks for the info.

[quote name='Dang']Man I'm surprised that some of those movies are out already. Seems like Lord of War was just in theatres....
Oh and thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on Venom.

[quote name='Dang']Man I'm surprised that some of those movies are out already. Seems like Lord of War was just in theatres....
Oh and thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

By now most movies average a 4 month wait between theater and DVD, with rumors of the gap even getting smaller!

[quote name='Scahom1']By now most movies average a 4 month wait between theater and DVD, with rumors of the gap even getting smaller![/QUOTE]
Of course the more the window shrinks, the more it is going to hurt theatre attendence.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Ong Bak was 20+ for months and now it's part of a 2/20 deal. Damn.
.[/QUOTE]

Same for alot of those movies.

I think I'll finally get Team America and Ong Bak.

Lord of War: Special Edition >>>> $19.99
Final Destination: Scared 2 Death 2 Pack >>>> $14.99

2 for $20 Specials
Land of the Dead (Unrated)
Carlito's Way

Those are on my list for next Tuesday.

[quote name='headpiece747']Ong Bak and Carlito's Way for $10 each thank you OP. But do you think this is the regular version for Carlito's Way?[/QUOTE]

There's only one version of Carlito's Way, the newly remastered DVD. The old one is long OOP. Although there is a Carlito's Way 2-pack with the prequel coming out 1/17.

[quote name='neocisco']:shock: Demo posted a Best Buy sale!?!?:rofl:[/QUOTE]

I'm just contributing the best I can for CAG, even if it means by both copying and pasting from another site (and yes I do give them credit if so) and if its Worst Buy. As much as I hate Worst Buy I still do keep up with their ads so I can be prepared at my store for whatever comes up. :D

Got Ong Bak and Team America: Unrated... had to look because the employees moved all the movies to an endcap with no signage whatsoever.

Picked up LOTR: Fotr & TT EE for my brother but they were out RotK. Going to try a different BB today to find RotK. It's the only set that I need so I hope I can find it, but if not I'll order it online.

bread's done
Back