Best Buy exclusive Vengeance Trilogy tin

Thanks Amazon.com for refunding my money for 2 posters then also sending the posters by mistake!

DSC01562.jpg

[quote name='rhymenoceros']So, if we preorder from BB.com, it'll ship with the tin? Or is the tin more often an in-store deal?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if anyone knows for sure. I'd imagine it'd come with the tin though as that might be the only Blu-ray version that BB has at launch, with the regular coming out everywhere in June.

It better come with the tin case.. even though it doesn't say anything about it on the item page.

Ordered it yesterday with 10% bing, if it doesn't come with the tin case, I'll probably just go return and rebuy at the store to get it.

I wish I could tell you guys for sure if all the first runs will come with the tin. I hope this set would have the goodies the import dvd boxset had such as the posters and postcards of all the movie covers. It even had a very cool picture of the stars of all 3 movies dressed up and a poster of the gun schematics from Lady Vengeance. Not holding my breath though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more unrealistically wishful thinking, cleaning up the transfer of Oldboy. Does anyone else think the Tartan Blu release looks like garbage? I heard the Tale of Two Sisters Tartan Blu was kinda crummy too.

I'm hoping that if enough people buy this we'll get some more Korean release movies in the near future.

Also in related Blu news, Amazon pushed back my order of Ichi the Killer. Delayed again? Seriously I'm cancelling that bitch, I'm sick of waiting for the damn thing. It'll probably look like crap when it finally gets released.

I have a friend who would love this, personally i only enjoyed oldboy i wonder how much this will cost? it would make a killer b-day present for my friend

So I don't think it'll come with the tin case if you ordered online, as it doesn't say anything about it on the item page. Just called CS to make sure, and they said it's probably an in-store only promo. Just a heads up for anyone who ordered it online.

[quote name='cupcakex1']So I don't think it'll come with the tin case if you ordered online, as it doesn't say anything about it on the item page. Just called CS to make sure, and they said it's probably an in-store only promo. Just a heads up for anyone who ordered it online.[/QUOTE]

I have a very hard time believing they would have 2 different versions of a timed exclusive like this. Maybe a limited run of the tin, but one version for stores and one for online doesn't sound right to me.

Lot's of Best Buy exclusives aren't labeled correctly until it gets closer to release date.

[quote name='opterasis']I have a very hard time believing they would have 2 different versions of a timed exclusive like this. Maybe a limited run of the tin, but one version for stores and one for online doesn't sound right to me.

Lot's of Best Buy exclusives aren't labeled correctly until it gets closer to release date.[/QUOTE]

I believe that the tin case is just a bonus. The Blu-rays aren't packaged in them, they're just given out with the purchase of the movies. I'm not too sure though, I RARELY deal with Bestbuy.

[quote name='cupcakex1']I believe that the tin case is just a bonus. The Blu-rays aren't packaged in them, they're just given out with the purchase of the movies. I'm not too sure though, I RARELY deal with Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

Does it seem popular enough to warrant such a bonus?

I don't think it'll be a bonus personally. Oldboy came in a tin too. If it were a steelbook for a popular movie then it could be a pre-order bonus like for UP or LOTR, but for a tin case for an obscure Korean trilogy? It's most likely going to be pre-packaged.

I really don't know how things work at Bestbuy, so I guess we'll just have to see. Hopefully online orders do come with it though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't think it'll be a bonus personally. Oldboy came in a tin too. If it were a steelbook for a popular movie then it could be a pre-order bonus like for UP or LOTR, but for a tin case for an obscure Korean trilogy? It's most likely going to be pre-packaged.[/QUOTE]

Are these movies all that obscure?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Are these movies all that obscure?[/QUOTE]

Not on the internet, but I bet you'd be hard-pressed to find a random person walking around Best Buy that had heard of them.

My buddy and I are pumped for this tin. Our store is supposedly getting four of them.

[quote name='LeRoy']My buddy and I are pumped for this tin. Our store is supposedly getting four of them.[/QUOTE]

Only 4? Wonder if every store will only be getting limited quantities.

[quote name='LeRoy']My buddy and I are pumped for this tin. Our store is supposedly getting four of them.[/QUOTE]

I knew they weren't going to get many in. I'm going into work late Tuesday so I can grab one of these.

And for those interested, Amazon sent me an email saying Ichi the Killer has been delayed (again) until April 6th-12th.

I don't get what all the hype is about Ichi the Killer.

I've had the DVD since the original asian release. It is overly bloody, campy, and not all that great.

Do you work at Bestbuy? If so, do you know if you'll get the tin case if you pre-ordered it online?

Also, Amazon has it up for pre-order for June 15, 2010 . At a price of... $45.49 ! I'm leaning towards Amazon because of the price. But I still plan on purchasing it from Bestbuy to see what's good with the tin case. If it ends up being a stickered up tin just like the LOTR, I could wait a couple months and save $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...doesn't look like this is advertised in BB sales flyer for next week. I was hoping it might be a bit cheaper on release day but it looks like $60 it is. On the bright side not having it advertised could help with having more copied available in the store for true fans of the films, since there are some reports of each store only receiving a few copies.

If it's not on sale then you can use the reward zone 12-10% coupons issued out this week. That should knock off at least $6.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']If it's not on sale then you can use the reward zone 12-10% coupons issued out this week. That should knock off at least $6.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have one of the coupons that I plan on using. Gonna pick up this and Ninja Assassin on Tuesday. Can't wait!

Doesn't this come out on the 16th? The BB discount coupons I have are only valid until 3/15 (monday)...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Premier Silver Member get the extra days! I'm sold! :D[/QUOTE]

Yep! Yep! Premier silver in da house dogg!!! \\:D/

Careful with those coupons... don't apply to new releases. I'm Premier Silver status and I went to pick up the UFC Best of 2009 Blu-ray and the coupon code didn't work because it was a new release, I complained a bit because it was outrageous.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Careful with those coupons... don't apply to new releases. I'm Premier Silver status and I went to pick up the UFC Best of 2009 Blu-ray and the coupon code didn't work because it was a new release, I complained a bit because it was outrageous.[/QUOTE]

Good thing the coupon specifically states "Excludes new release DVDs," and not a single word about blu-ray. ;) Make sure you point that out.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Good thing the coupon specifically states "Excludes new release DVDs," and not a single word about blu-ray. ;) Make sure you point that out.

M[/QUOTE]
I pointed that out actually! :) I said, are you to tell me that a store that specializes in the sale of technology-related products doesn't believe there is a difference between DVDs and Blu-rays? And the girl working said, "I agree". Conversation went from there.

LOL, I guess thats a YMMV issue. I'm a frequent coupon user and practically know the managers at BB so I might get away with it.

M

[quote name='cupcakex1']Do you work at Bestbuy? If so, do you know if you'll get the tin case if you pre-ordered it online?

Also, Amazon has it up for pre-order for June 15, 2010 . At a price of... $45.49 ! I'm leaning towards Amazon because of the price. But I still plan on purchasing it from Bestbuy to see what's good with the tin case. If it ends up being a stickered up tin just like the LOTR, I could wait a couple months and save $15.[/QUOTE]

It just dropped to $39.99

http://www.amazon.com/Vengeance-Tri...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268663052&sr=1-2

Don't know if this will be the new pre-order price or they will raise it back up. With Amazon, it is hard to tell.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']For some reason that link doesnt work.

M[/QUOTE]
The link is having issue, so just remove "&sourceid=01947419952472235772" after it.

I'll give it a shot, but I have a feeling I'll have a hard time getting them to price match something that walmart won't even be selling for a few more months.

[quote name='opterasis']Weird...why isn't it available for in store pickup yet?[/QUOTE]

Just looked myself and it's still not. Looks like I'll have to sneak out of work! Can't wait for tomorrow!

I just pre-ordered through Amazon... the tin isn't worth $20 to me but thanks for the thread OP. I plan on going to Best Buy tomorrow and checking it out, if I really like the look of the tin I'll pick it up and cancel my pre-order.

Seems like the in-store pick up is live, but it's saying it's not available at any of my stores. Will it be available when stores open tomorrow?

Also, its saying the trilogy is backordered now. Ain't that some bulllshit. Might have to cancel my pre-order with them online and just go buy it tomorrow.

bread's done
Back