Best Buy extending Price Matching and Returns to 1/24/2013 starting 11/4/2012

[quote name='Enuf']Although I didn't say "every title" most $60 one aree always $5 cheaper @ Sam's club or other wharehouse clubs. Here's your BL2 pm
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search...=borderlands+2&fromHome=yes&_requestid=114537
But I'll give you BL2 & raise you ACIII $47 to go along with $50 MOH in back to back weeks with still more time to match both. And if people follow my advice & p/u titles on sat of release the 60 days will get u there like the fry's deal.[/QUOTE]It might be easier for some to PM Amazon:

:360: $52.01

:ps3: $54.85

[quote name='stoned99']Do ppl have good experience matching Online purchases (picked up in store) to online retailers ?[/QUOTE]I've been able to PM Amazon for my in-store pickup orders of RE6 ($48.66) and Dishonored ($51.99), but others have reported being told "we don't PM online-only retailers for past purchases" or something along those lines.

Bottom line: There's no harm in trying. ;)

[quote name='thegame85']All of us who are trading in for 100% credit have lots of gift cards to spend, hence shopping and price matching at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

This is actually the first reasonable response that would make me consider price matching. The 100% trade in is a good deal so I could understand that. I don't trade in a lot of games to BB and the two I think that I did took a very long time.

[quote name='Glasscocked']This is actually the first reasonable response that would make me consider price matching. The 100% trade in is a good deal so I could understand that. I don't trade in a lot of games to BB and the two I think that I did took a very long time.[/QUOTE]

Longer than Gamestop? Almost every time I go into Gamestop, I see some hobo person with a stack of discs (rarely do they have cases...ugh...which always makes me wonder if the discs are stolen) clogging up the line with $2 worth of trade ins.

Only time it's taken a little longer on a trade-in at BB for me was when a Geek Squad guy was doing the trade-in, and he didn't exactly know how. Understandable, it's a big store with several departments/services.

I'll leave this here for people wondering about PM's on black friday items. It's really up the the store managers (GM overall) to PM black friday stuff but here's a general rule of thumb for most stores.

Another store to BB
1.) They will not PM anyone's door busters, don't even attempt.
2.) Certain stores will PM whole day BF ad's (except door busters). Most will check to see if item is still in stock for purchase at other stores. Have phone numbers handy.
3.) Free items/Bundles are very YMMV and most of the time not subject to PM.
4.) Careful of slight item variances, retailer specific items. Most BB's are anal about "You can only get that item at walmart" even though it is the same exact thing but comes with an extra item(s). Most won't price match (there are some items BB will refuse to PM directly from corporate), some will but obviously won't give the extra items.

PM Regular item price to BF ad Price (Best-buy previous purchase)
Most stores are willing to price match their items given you meet these strict conditions: a.) The item MUST be in stock
b.) The item MUST be the correct sku [some of these special items have different sku's than the normal item]. Example: The skylanders bundle last BF was it's own SKU, it was not 3 separate items sold as one package price (Normal game + Expansion + 3 characters), it was one single SKU and even had it's own box.
c.) You must be here at the time of the sale (mainly if door buster)

[quote name='jam86']I'll leave this here for people wondering about PM's on black friday items. It's really up the the store managers (GM overall) to PM black friday stuff but here's a general rule of thumb for most stores.

Another store to BB
1.) They will not PM anyone's door busters, don't even attempt.
2.) Certain stores will PM whole day BF ad's (except door busters). Most will check to see if item is still in stock for purchase at other stores. Have phone numbers handy.
3.) Free items/Bundles are very YMMV and most of the time not subject to PM.
4.) Careful of slight item variances, retailer specific items. Most BB's are anal about "You can only get that item at walmart" even though it is the same exact thing but comes with an extra item(s). Most won't price match (there are some items BB will refuse to PM directly from corporate), some will but obviously won't give the extra items.

PM Regular item price to BF ad Price (Best-buy previous purchase)
Most stores are willing to price match their items given you meet these strict conditions: a.) The item MUST be in stock
b.) The item MUST be the correct sku [some of these special items have different sku's than the normal item]. Example: The skylanders bundle last BF was it's own SKU, it was not 3 separate items sold as one package price (Normal game + Expansion + 3 characters), it was one single SKU and even had it's own box.
c.) You must be here at the time of the sale (mainly if door buster)[/QUOTE]

It's not "it depends on store manager" BF PMing IS OUTSIDE THEIR POLICY, but some people get it.

People like you are the reasons that people run to the BBY forums and complain when they don't get a PM.

[quote name='pwnthee']Longer than Gamestop? Almost every time I go into Gamestop, I see some hobo person with a stack of discs (rarely do they have cases...ugh...which always makes me wonder if the discs are stolen) clogging up the line with $2 worth of trade ins.

Only time it's taken a little longer on a trade-in at BB for me was when a Geek Squad guy was doing the trade-in, and he didn't exactly know how. Understandable, it's a big store with several departments/services.[/QUOTE]

Actually yeah, far longer than Gamestop. So far I have traded in two games and it probably took 15 minutes each time for a single game. It seems like there is a lot of data they have to enter and they have to put in your ID and it just seems to take a long time.

What is the range of the "vicinity" that BB will PM? I went to get BB to PM GS, but they will only PM the one in the mall that is 1.1 miles (5 min) away, but not one that is 4.6 miles away (9 min).

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Oh i thought pricematching was a permenant thing[/QUOTE]

during the holiday u could pricematch amazon and newegg

[quote name='postnet92']during the holiday u could pricematch amazon and newegg[/QUOTE]
Except YMMV for it on Video Games. The new policy for the most part only covers "showroom" items i.e. appliances, tvs, etc. It does not cover Video Games, DVDs, Music, etc.

[quote name='Maestro']At first I wanted to wait for a Black Ops 2 price drop before I got it, but $20 store credit and a sure $15 discount via price match seems like a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on a "sure $15 discount via price match" with a CoD game. They rarely go on sale, especially so close to release. The last time I remember one going on sale near release was CoD4.

Kind of thinking about reserving Halo 4 last minute though for the extended PM because perhaps that does hit a sale (still unlikely, I imagine, but more so than CoD I would think) within this extended window. I haven't liked the other Halos though, so I am not sure I'd like this one either.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']It's not "it depends on store manager" BF PMing IS OUTSIDE THEIR POLICY, but some people get it.

People like you are the reasons that people run to the BBY forums and complain when they don't get a PM.[/QUOTE]

Did you even read what I wrote or did you just read the first line and replied? I'm guessing the former.

There's always exceptions to the rules and it's very strict but it's possible. Tell me, what's the difference between purchasing something beforehand, then returning and then re-purchasing compared to PM? Hint: Nothing except a lot wasted work/effort for the return/re-purchase.

I don't recommend people try PM'ing from another store as it's a big pain in the ass for all parties. But PM for BBY items? Why the hell not? Worst they can do is deny the PM then just buy the item again and return the old one..

Let me give you a reasonable example and you tell me whether or not it's "outside of their PM Policy". Let's say you bought Halo 4 $59.99 on the 12th @BBY, BF it is $29.99 all day 23rd/24th. You are at BBY at 8am (showed up late), you still see copies of $29.99 Halo 4 for sale. Out of PM policy because it's BF or one *possible* exception to the rule?

@Glasscocked - that sucks that it took them that long. Yeah, that'd annoy me, too, even with the 100% trade in.

@jam86 - the way you worded the last sentence of that is a little confusing. I would expect anything dealing with Black Friday to be out of their price matching policy. I think they'd deny you the reverse price match unless you put up a fuss and got manager approval. I would likely try to put up that fuss because I know it'd be a really busy day for them and there's a chance they'd just say "screw it" and do it for me because they've got more important things to worry about than a $30 discount on a game that he knows they're eventually going to sell for $30 anyhow.

Now, it is a bigger pain to do a return/re-buy, but there is obvious value in doing it that way, if you can. If you return/re-buy, then you reset the clock in case the game price drops even lower within the next 30/60 days since it'd be a new transaction. While Halo 4 may not go even lower that soon, other titles, like, say Lollipop Chainsaw, probably would. It came out at $60 in June or so right? Then at least by July/August I'm pretty sure they had it for $40 at some point, falling within the 60 day return policy. So if you just did the reverse PM, you'd be stuck at the $40 price point because your 60 days on the purchase would pass. If you did the return/re-buy say in August for $40, then they drop it again to $20 by September/October, you could return/re-buy again and get it for $20.

And yeah, it's going to be really annoying if they try sticking to that "showroom items only" crap. Stupid strategy on their part, too. Too many exceptions on deals just causes confusion and anger for customers and will just drive them away. If I keep getting problems every time I try PMing Amazon or someone for a video game, I'll eventually get fed up enough to quit doing anything with Best Buy. If they actually "play ball" with me, then I'll keep shopping there. Simple as that.

[quote name='Glasscocked']This is actually the first reasonable response that would make me consider price matching. The 100% trade in is a good deal so I could understand that. I don't trade in a lot of games to BB and the two I think that I did took a very long time.[/QUOTE]well where is the place u feel offers the "better" gaming deals? I check CAG daily & don't see where people are getting games for better prices than I do. Most of the post are for $40 which I still get but have $10-$25 credit on top of the sale. $40 < $40 & $10/$20 credit

Not directed @ u but I find it hard to believe people are still questioning the value of a $15 GCU membership while I have 4(mom/sis/GF) of them which only cost $20ish OOP. CAG's should succeed with just 2 GCU & it's so damn easy. I don't have a 360 but I'm doin the $20 deal b/c it just makes so much sense. Pay $63(add $15 for GCU so $78) for it on sat. sell it for $50 cash. So right off the bat your -$8. You can get another $5 back via Sam's club pm to $55. 1 yr GCU for $3 but if get a $50 pm u now have the sub + profit on just 1 game & all the perks that come with it.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I wouldn't count on a "sure $15 discount via price match" with a CoD game. They rarely go on sale, especially so close to release. The last time I remember one going on sale near release was CoD4.

Kind of thinking about reserving Halo 4 last minute though for the extended PM because perhaps that does hit a sale (still unlikely, I imagine, but more so than CoD I would think) within this extended window. I haven't liked the other Halos though, so I am not sure I'd like this one either.[/QUOTE]Not sure what area u live in but there's been sales on every COD since MW2. Target had the $47/$37/$27 deal, BB had a $50 sale, whareshouse clubs are always $5 off MSRP day 1 & TRU had $10 GC deals when BB's pm policy stated that they'd deduct the GC amout from the $60. Seems like u just missed the sales.

[quote name='jam86']Did you even read what I wrote or did you just read the first line and replied? I'm guessing the former.

There's always exceptions to the rules and it's very strict but it's possible. Tell me, what's the difference between purchasing something beforehand, then returning and then re-purchasing compared to PM? Hint: Nothing except a lot wasted work/effort for the return/re-purchase.

I don't recommend people try PM'ing from another store as it's a big pain in the ass for all parties. But PM for BBY items? Why the hell not? Worst they can do is deny the PM then just buy the item again and return the old one..

Let me give you a reasonable example and you tell me whether or not it's "outside of their PM Policy". Let's say you bought Halo 4 $59.99 on the 12th @BBY, BF it is $29.99 all day 23rd/24th. You are at BBY at 8am (showed up late), you still see copies of $29.99 Halo 4 for sale. Out of PM policy because it's BF or one *possible* exception to the rule?[/QUOTE]

I did read your whole post and all it kept saying is "some store". You never once said that it was 100% out of PM policy and you should expect a no. In fact at one point you outright say they won't PM door busters then explain how they PM whole day ads at "some stores".

I just boiled it down to what it IS in easy terms. Yes you can get exceptions and I get what you were trying to post, but you never actually said it is all outside the PM policy.

Trust me there are a ton of people on BBY forums whining and complaining because so and so on CAG said this or they got a b2g1 PM and that's "the rule" because it said so on CAG. Once a person has a wrong expectation, that's when things go bad. If they know straight forward that its outside policy and should be a no, but a slim possibility then it sets the proper mindset.

Let alone you are posting instructions to PM on the biggest shopping day of the year. People that construed your post wrong would probably be in CS or line for 30-60 minutes and then be told no. You think that will sit well with most people?

Although you mean well, Posts like your convolute the policy and people think rules are different.

Also, stores are told there is no return/rebuy from Thursday through Cyber Monday, only returns.

[quote name='Enuf']well where is the place u feel offers the "better" gaming deals? I check CAG daily & don't see where people are getting games for better prices than I do. Most of the post are for $40 which I still get but have $10-$25 credit on top of the sale. $40 < $40 & $10/$20 credit

Not directed @ u but I find it hard to believe people are still questioning the value of a $15 GCU membership while I have 4(mom/sis/GF) of them which only cost $20ish OOP. CAG's should succeed with just 2 GCU & it's so damn easy. I don't have a 360 but I'm doin the $20 deal b/c it just makes so much sense. Pay $63(add $15 for GCU so $78) for it on sat. sell it for $50 cash. So right off the bat your -$8. You can get another $5 back via Sam's club pm to $55. 1 yr GCU for $3 but if get a $50 pm u now have the sub + profit on just 1 game & all the perks that come with it.
[/QUOTE]

You also sound like a hardcore CAG. I would never waste my time at customer service trying to PM another store and then have to fight with them over the $20 promotion. I have dealt many time with BB to understand that nothing they do ever comes off without problems.

I understand you are hardcore BB and more power to you. From your posts it looks like you have some sort of in with them or some relationship with your store that normal customers don't. It works for you, great. Like many others though I've been burned way to many times to keep fighting for deals with them. Personally if they don't have the best price off the shelf it's a pass. Thank goodness that while I enjoy getting games for cheap I don't have to jump through hoops to make a quick buck back.

Yes, there are a lot of instances in life where the "worst they can say is no" but that doesn't mean you should ask. If you already know the rules, why waste the manager's time?

"Hey can you price match last year's Black Friday ad?"
(Why not! The worst they can say is no. AMIRITE?)

[quote name='Glasscocked']You also sound like a hardcore CAG. I would never waste my time at customer service trying to PM another store and then have to fight with them over the $20 promotion. I have dealt many time with BB to understand that nothing they do ever comes off without problems.

I understand you are hardcore BB and more power to you. From your posts it looks like you have some sort of in with them or some relationship with your store that normal customers don't. It works for you, great. Like many others though I've been burned way to many times to keep fighting for deals with them. Personally if they don't have the best price off the shelf it's a pass. Thank goodness that while I enjoy getting games for cheap I don't have to jump through hoops to make a quick buck back.[/QUOTE]

Why have you posted the most in this thread if you hate Best Buy so much? Just stop.

Best Buy has done right by a lot of people. If they haven't done right by you, you shouldn't shop there. But we really don't need to hear about it anymore.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I hate GameStop. I don't shop at GameStop, but I don't spend time discussing why I feel that way here. Be more like me.[/QUOTE]

This is not a Gamestop thread. This is a thread about the foolishness of the Best Buy price match policy and the people who thinks it means anything or works in practice.

[quote name='Glasscocked']This is not a Gamestop thread. This is a thread about the foolishness of the Best Buy price match policy and the people who thinks it means anything or works in practice.[/QUOTE]

So I did not get AC3 for $50 and $20 cert this week? Just making sure that since the policy does not work in practice it must have been a dream.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I did not get AC3 for $50 and $20 cert this week? Just making sure that since the policy does not work in practice it must have been a dream.[/QUOTE]
If you walked in and price matched with no issues it must have been.

So has anyone ever been able to pricematch a used game you got from a B2G1 if the used price went down after you bought it?

[quote name='mrclutch']So has anyone ever been able to pricematch a used game you got from a B2G1 if the used price went down after you bought it?[/QUOTE]That's probably a lost cause since it might be seen as double-dipping, but having never tried it myself, I can't say for sure.

[quote name='Glasscocked']If you walked in and price matched with no issues it must have been.[/QUOTE]

I don't even get my butt out to the store to PM. I call it in since I pre-order online for in store pickup to avoid having to argue with employees. I've done 5 of these in the past month or so w/o any significant issues. Sometimes it take a little bit longer if they call the local store (like TRU $10 FFXIII-2) but ultimately, I can do other things while I'm waiting.

bread's done
Back