Best Buy F*ckers

lain21us

Banned
I ordered two copies of the Disney Extreme Skate Adventure GBA for gifts from BB.COM about a week ago. I placed an order for one, and then placed an order for another. They shipped them to me in two bubble mailers, and both boxes are crushed way beyond what I would consider good enough to give as a gift. Seriously, how f*cking stupid can these people be who they have working in shipping? Bunch of stupid pricks, every last one of them, and I hope they all lose their jobs and wind up on the street sucking dick for crack. Anyone else had bad experiences with these filthy whores?

I know a few people on here have had that same problem. Call and complain and return to the store if you can. Be a dick and demand your shipping charges refunded.

Damn, that is kind of harsh to wish on someone. I understand how you feel, send them back and get new ones or a refund.

You gotta consider who is working in a hot ass warehouse shipping department for $6.00 an hour. And then you will understand why they are happy that your product is fucked up when you get it.

That's weird that they used bubble mailers. I ordered Fire Emblem and Wario Ware from BestBuy.com a few weeks ago, and both came in rigid cardboard mailers with no damage at all. Maybe it depends on which shift is packing them, or maybe they ran out of cardboard GBA mailers. Sorry your boxes were damaged.

Bit harsh there. Just send it or go to a store and ask for a replacement. I also get mine in cardboard boxes instead of bubble mailers.

I got my GBA Pac Man Collection from Best Buy in one of their cardboard DVD mailers, stretched and warped to 'fit' a GBA. Needless to say it was crushed to oblivion. They could have saved me two bucks, chucked it to me with a giant trebuchet and it would have incurred less damage.

It does seem a little harsh, I guess when you are considering ordering gifts, dont take the cheap(ass) way out. Hopefully you can get an exchange in store.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']That's weird that they used bubble mailers. I ordered Fire Emblem and Wario Ware from BestBuy.com a few weeks ago, and both came in rigid cardboard mailers with no damage at all. Maybe it depends on which shift is packing them, or maybe they ran out of cardboard GBA mailers. Sorry your boxes were damaged.[/quote]

Same here. I have ordered games, dvd's and cd's and I have recv'd all with no damage.

I just ordered a console from Walmart.com. Does anyone know if they will put it in a bigger box or just ship it in the box as is?

And back to the topic, I have never ordered from best buy before, but when I order games or DVDs they always come in bubble packs. Sometimes they are bent a little if it is in a card board case, but I imagine you could send it back if it is bent up and stuff.

i ordered ikaruga a while back from bestbuy.com and the cd case for ikaruga was crushed and the game a bit scratched. i wasn't able to return and now stuck with a crushed case for ikaruga

I think his frustration is completely understandable. Especially if it's going to be hard to get replacements if they are closeout/out of stock. Sometimes I trade with people and forget to specifically mention NOT to ship me a gba game in a padded mailer...people are so fuckin' stupid, you'd thing it went without saying.

I've had 2 orders this past month from Bestbuy.com where GBA games were mailed out and then I get an email a few days saying they were returned...even though they never reached my house.

On top of that, these were the clearenced games no longer on their site.

On top of that, on top of that, they didn't refund my shipping...it took a call to fix that. Their excuse was that when the USPS returns items to BestBuy.com before they reach homes, it's because the packages were damaged. Maybe GBA Kirby was f'd up beyond repair?

I'm most upset that I can't buy Kirby for $9.99 again and got no compensation for it.

If I order GBA games online, I try to order a couple so they won't mail it in bubble envelopes and have to use a box. I've had the same experience from Best Buy and ebGames. If it gets mailed in an envelope, you have a 95% chance it will get crushed.

One time, I returned a game to ebGames because the box was flat when I got it. I asked them to please reship in a box and guess what, I got another envelope back. And another crushed box. I never bothered to do anything after that as it was too much of a hassle. But I learned my lesson about buying GBA games.

[quote name='davidmt']If I order GBA games online, I try to order a couple so they won't mail it in bubble envelopes and have to use a box. I've had the same experience from Best Buy and ebGames. If it gets mailed in an envelope, you have a 95% chance it will get crushed.

One time, I returned a game to ebGames because the box was flat when I got it. I asked them to please reship in a box and guess what, I got another envelope back. And another crushed box. I never bothered to do anything after that as it was too much of a hassle. But I learned my lesson about buying GBA games.[/quote]

Good advise, but it doesn't always work. My games that were returned to BB.com by the USPS because of damage were ordered with additional GBA games. Problem is, they shipped seperetely. Even the one ordered with multiple titles of the same game (3 of the same in the same order)...2 were sent in a box and the other got returned because of damage.

[quote name='JSweeney']:-({|=

Gee, I wonder where Best Buy gets the idea of "Devil Customers" from.[/quote]

devil customer - a customer that actully cares about service. one that expects employees to have answers. a customer that dosent take shit from no one.

no one out devils me.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='JSweeney']:-({|=

devil customer - a customer that actully cares about service. one that expects employees to have answers. a customer that dosent take shit from no one.

no one out devils me.[/quote]

Actually, that's not the definition of a devil customer. A person expecting prompt and knowledgable service is likely an informed customer... that's something entirely different.

A devil customer is one that sucks all the profit out of every venture. They buy ONLY on clearence. The buy hardware, return it, and then rebuy it as opened equiptment on a discount.
On that front, I understood best buy's claim. But then they got stupid and lumped informed customers in with devil customers.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='JSweeney']:-({|=

Actually, that's not the definition of a devil customer. A person expecting prompt and knowledgable service is likely an informed customer... that's something entirely different.

A devil customer is one that sucks all the profit out of every venture. They buy ONLY on clearence. The buy hardware, return it, and then rebuy it as opened equiptment on a discount.
On that front, I understood best buy's claim. But then they got stupid and lumped informed customers in with devil customers.[/quote]

i agree with you about the buying/returning/rebuying thing, but i only buy from bb on clearance or sale, i never do normal shopping for anything there, because their service is so poor. i mean if they didnt suck so much, maybe id buy a tv there next time i need one, or maybe id pick up a ds there, but as it stands, they have no chance of that happening.

best buy has pretty much scorned this whole community over and over, im suprised anyone here purchases from them.

i mean obviously best buy would want to avoid customers who only buy things they are taking a loss for, but they could avoid them by winning them over and getting them to think "hey, bb isnt all that bad.." but instead they release a press release about how much we all suck, and how they dont want us in their stores.

thats like having a buffet and hanging up a sign in the window "No DLF"

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='JSweeney']:-({|=

On that front, I understood best buy's claim. But then they got stupid and lumped informed customers in with devil customers.[/quote]

i agree with you about the buying/returning/rebuying thing, but i only buy from bb on clearance or sale, i never do normal shopping for anything there, because their service is so poor. i mean if they didnt suck so much, maybe id buy a tv there next time i need one, or maybe id pick up a ds there, but as it stands, they have no chance of that happening.

best buy has pretty much scorned this whole community over and over, im suprised anyone here purchases from them.

i mean obviously best buy would want to avoid customers who only buy things they are taking a loss for, but they could avoid them by winning them over and getting them to think "hey, bb isnt all that bad.." but instead they release a press release about how much we all suck, and how they dont want us in their stores.

thats like having a buffet and hanging up a sign in the window "No DLF"[/quote]

The thing is, I don't see you or many of the other CAGs as actually being a member of the "devil customers" group. I see devil customers as those commiting fraud, exploiting the grey area right on the fringe of corporate policy (returning and rebuying as opened), and walking in an expecting people to kiss thier feet, and give them unwarrented deals.

While I think many of us may have devil customer tendencies (rarely buying thing that aren't on sale or clearence), we don't hit that point where we are complete worthless to thier bottom line.

I for one dislike Best Buy as well. Unless they have something that's exclusive to them, I'd sooner buy from thier competitors than them... mostly because thier Customer Service does suck in comparison to most other stores.

"Id like to price match Ace combat 5 for $5 and I'd like 10 copies please"

That is a Devil customer

[quote name='JSweeney']
The thing is, I don't see you or many of the other CAGs as actually being a member of the "devil customers" group.[/quote]

i dont either but i feel best buy does.

[quote name='hutno']"Id like to price match Ace combat 5 for $5 and I'd like 10 copies please"

That is a Devil customer[/quote]

Exactly. While that doesn't apply to all Cags, there is a specific subset that it applies directly to.

Take the blame that belongs to you, and leave the rest for those who deserve it.

I used to shop at Best Buy as a regular customer until they were so rude to me last January. I bought a PS2/network adaptor combo and Mafia all retail prices. They kept trying to sell me a PS2 warranty, and I refused. They tried for a solid 5 minutes. At one point, another worker asked the one doing the sales pitch if she talked her customer into yet, which was completely unprofessional. The sales pitcher got so pissed that i wouldn't buy that she completely stopped speaking to me and rushed me out of the store as fast as she could.

Things haven't changed. I ordered Riddick for in store pickup on their 15 dollars deal, and they were still nasty. So fuck Best Buy.

Oh I did mean it. Problem is my appearance. I usually travel around in workout clothes and people think I am around 17 or 18 (I'm 22). For that reason, people screw with me when I am not in normal clothes, which are actually pretty nice.

It may sound screwy, but it is very true and I have tested this out.

..So why would you go out in workout clothes? I never leave the house or gym in anything like that. I've also never thought someone was 5 years younger because of the clothes they wear.

[quote name='TheRaven']..So why would you go out in workout clothes? I never leave the house or gym in anything like that. I've also never thought someone was 5 years younger because of the clothes they wear.[/quote]

They are very comfortable, and I think I was going to work out afterwards......I don't know why people think I am younger, but I get it all the time.

[quote name='manofpeace20']...and people think I am around 17 or 18 (I'm 22).[/quote]

No offence meant, but in my experience there usually isn't a hell of a lot of behavioral difference between your average 18 y.o. and a 22 y.o. male.

Now, there obviously are exceptions, but if you look young and are out in "workout clothes", I wouldn't expect someone who has such a limited interaction with you as a BB cashier to be able to tell which group you belong to.

Your posts here do reflect well upon you, however.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Oh I did mean it. Problem is my appearance. I usually travel around in workout clothes and people think I am around 17 or 18 (I'm 22). For that reason, people screw with me when I am not in normal clothes, which are actually pretty nice.

It may sound screwy, but it is very true and I have tested this out.[/quote]

Well, when you only wear normal clothes when you're scheduled to appear in front of a judge, one would think the treatment you recieve would be radically different.

[quote name='Fanboy'][quote name='manofpeace20']...and people think I am around 17 or 18 (I'm 22).[/quote]
Your posts here do reflect well upon you, however.[/quote]

Huh?

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='Fanboy'][quote name='manofpeace20']...and people think I am around 17 or 18 (I'm 22).[/quote]

Huh?[/quote]

Sarcasm doesn't come across well in text. Especially on message boards.

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='Fanboy'][quote name='manofpeace20']...and people think I am around 17 or 18 (I'm 22).[/quote]

Huh?[/quote]

Nah, not sarcasm. Your posts are generally well written and get your points put across. As a contrasting example, I'm sure deedogz is also in the 17-22 age bracket, and look how he turned out.

Your posts here do reflect well upon you = You don't come across as a typical young ruffian

[quote name='Fanboy'][quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='Fanboy'][quote name='manofpeace20']...and people think I am around 17 or 18 (I'm 22).[/quote]

Huh?[/quote]

Nah, not sarcasm. Your posts are generally well written and get your points put across. As a contrasting example, I'm sure deedogz is also in the 17-22 age bracket, and look how he turned out.

Your posts here do reflect well upon you = You don't come across as a typical young ruffian[/quote]

Ok, thanks. What you said could have gone both ways, and most posters tend to take the sarcastic side. Maybe it helps that I have always been a good writer in school?

Maybe the mail handlers should be the ones sucking the d. :) I have order from BesyBuy online many times - never a problem.

[quote name='lain21us']I ordered two copies of the Disney Extreme Skate Adventure GBA for gifts from BB.COM about a week ago. I placed an order for one, and then placed an order for another. They shipped them to me in two bubble mailers, and both boxes are crushed way beyond what I would consider good enough to give as a gift. Seriously, how f*cking stupid can these people be who they have working in shipping? Bunch of stupid pricks, every last one of them, and I hope they all lose their jobs and wind up on the street sucking dick for crack. Anyone else had bad experiences with these filthy whores?[/quote]

[quote name='soulwish2003']Maybe the mail handlers should be the ones sucking the d. :) I have order from BesyBuy online many times - never a problem.

[/quote]

No, Best Buy is responsible for packing the games correctly so they can go through the USPS system without a hitch. You put a shot glass in an envelope with no padding, what would you expect?

USPS handles packages the best, as far as damage is concerned. FedEx = roughest with your packages. Either way, if you pack your items safely, it should make it through both systems OK.

bread's done
Back