Best Buy - Free $60GC with purchase of PS3 160GB

dpatel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat243400050000&type=category

I'm so tempted to pick up a second PS3. For whatever reason, stores seem to be getting rid of the 160GB consoles. I don't know if that means we'll just get more HDD space for the same price, or a price drop (or both). I don't really care about HDD space, so if I can get a 160GB now with a $60 gift card, that would be better than a $299 console later with more HDD space.

If there does happen to be a price drop announced at E3, does best buy refund the difference or something? I'm guessing the 160GBs are being phased out, so would they consider it a price drop, since it would technically be a different SKU?

I didn't see it posted in that thread? Or are you just posting it because it's a better deal.

I agree, it definitely is a better deal, I just have about $200 in Best Buy Gift Cards, so I'm more interested in this one, and I wonder if other people might be as well.

[quote name='dpatel']I didn't see it posted in that thread? Or are you just posting it because it's a better deal.

I agree, it definitely is a better deal, I just have about $200 in Best Buy Gift Cards, so I'm more interested in this one, and I wonder if other people might be as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah sorry. I was in a hurry and wanted to post that before I headed out.
If you have GCs to use then BB is def. your choice. It's still not a bad deal, esp. if you can get a CoD:BL set.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Hope you are in a small town with not many people. I'm not even going to bother driving around looking for one in San Francisco with $4.50/gal fuel.[/QUOTE]
I'm in Richmond so not that small. It's all about timing here. Snagged one yesterday and saw a couple more this morning. *shrug*

[quote name='Vader582']Yeah sorry. I was in a hurry and wanted to post that before I headed out.
If you have GCs to use then BB is def. your choice. It's still not a bad deal, esp. if you can get a CoD:BL set.[/QUOTE]

No problem at all. The Target deal is definitely much better, but in case someone doesn't have any 160GB PS3s in stock at Target or can't get the coupon to work for some reason, this is a nice alternative.

I think I'm going to hold off for E3, though. I feel like a price drop is coming.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Hope you are in a small town with not many people. I'm not even going to bother driving around looking for one in San Francisco with $4.50/gal fuel.[/QUOTE]

$4.50! Ouch. Gas is only $3.50-$3.60/gal in my area right now.

[quote name='dpatel']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat243400050000&type=category
If there does happen to be a price drop announced at E3, does best buy refund the difference or something? I'm guessing the 160GBs are being phased out, so would they consider it a price drop, since it would technically be a different SKU?[/QUOTE]I think the stand alone 160's are being phased out & you'll see a a new 500 GB sku along with a 160 or possibly 250 bundle. Your definitely covered for a price adjustment when the E3 price drop goes into effect 30 day window.

[quote name='Dkellar']Will BB stores match the $60 GC AND the $100 GC coupon?[/QUOTE]Very YMMV best case scenario would require the receipt from Target. Most likely probable pm would be a $100 BB gc there's just too many moving parts with target deal plus it's not advertised which is what really makes it difficult.

bread's done
Back