Best Buy - Game of Thrones S5 $39.99 preorder

Same here, should be here on Tuesday.
Ditto, looks like Tuesday for me as well.

It'll hold out until the S5 steelbook shows up, though who knows when that'll be. S3 and S4 steelbooks haven't been given release dates yet, so just hang on and wait it out.

Man I want that Bolton cover but the target deal seems way better. No cover but $10 target gift card. Decisions.
Went the Target route, even though the price with gift card is $39.99, while the price in-store (with no mention of GC) on release day is $34.99. Unless it's a shitty GC that expires quickly, I'll use it eventually, making it same as cash, and it brings things roughly in line with the BB price for the first three seasons, before the hikes beginning with Season 4. Of course, if they have a pre-order guarantee, like Amazon and most every other retailer, it would make things golden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walked into my BB and saw each season for $30, is this for real? I'm guessing this is a sweet time to buy GoT as they're all normally $60? I saw two versions of the Season 3 set one for $60 and one for $30 but I see no recognizable difference...

Walked into my BB and saw each season for $30, is this for real? I'm guessing this is a sweet time to buy GoT as they're all normally $60? I saw two versions of the Season 3 set one for $60 and one for $30 but I see no recognizable difference...
Apparently, the first four seasons, regular (no Sigil or Location) covers, and that do not include DVD copies, are $29.99.

Went the Target route, even though the price with gift card is $39.99, while the price in-store (with no mention of GC) on release day is $34.99. Unless it's a shitty GC that expires quickly, I'll use it eventually, making it same as cash, and it brings things roughly in line with the BB price for the first three seasons, before the hikes beginning with Season 4. Of course, if they have a pre-order guarantee, like Amazon and most every other retailer, it would make things golden.
Wait a while after the sigil versions disappear from in-store or go back up to the $50-$60 prices a number of months after release and you'll likely be able to sell your sigil set for what you paid for it, if not more.

I sold my S1 and S2 sets a while back before picking up the steelbook versions and made a reasonable profit even with them being used.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back