Best Buy Gamer Club Reward Zone Coupons For July

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Here are the coupons we should see in the next month. Looks like they've broken the coupons into two week periods. The first coupons are good from 7/6 - 7/19. The second batch will become available 7/20-8/2.

These offers should become available at myrewardzone.com on the posted date.

150 gamer reward points = $10

BBRZCouponJuly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I just bought ghostbusters for the 360 friday. If best buy was closer and would not be a pain in the ass to get the 5 bucks I would try to get it. I don't even know if they would give it to me with it being a coupon. Could just buy it again and take it back with the reciept from the one I just bought. However even that isnt worth it. However I chances are will pick up the conduit for 10 bucks off.

[quote name='wolverine81']250=$5
150=nothing[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. Maybe it used to be 150? They seem to jack up the point requirements for $5 every year.

[quote name='wolverine81']250=$5
150=nothing[/QUOTE]

Regular Reward Zone: 250 = $5
Gaming Reward Zone* 150 = $10

*Gamers Bonus Points
Get $10 in reward certificates for every $150 you spend on Qualifying Gaming Purchases

[quote name='Corvin']Regular Reward Zone: 250 = $5
Gaming Reward Zone* 150 = $10

*Gamers Bonus Points
Get $10 in reward certificates for every $150 you spend on Qualifying Gaming Purchases[/QUOTE]

You're going backwards, he asked how may dollars 150 points was worth....

To get the $10 Gamer's RZ bonus, you need to spend $150... not just get 150 points in a bonus.

5 bucks off a 60 dollar game is a joke. There are usually much better offers for games from online stores. Who buys their games retail at BB?

I do buy games retail if it's a must have (ie. Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5, GTA IV to name a few)

But I usually wait for their big sales, like their $10 games they had not too long ago...

[quote name='Justin42']You're going backwards, he asked how may dollars 150 points was worth....

To get the $10 Gamer's RZ bonus, you need to spend $150... not just get 150 points in a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Getting 150 points as a bonus is the same as spending $150.

[quote name='brighenne']Getting 150 points as a bonus is the same as spending $150.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is not. Spending $150 on games is equal to 500 RZ points through gamer zone, plus 150 RZ points just for making the purchases. An additional 150 point bonus on a $60 game purchase means you get 60 RZ points for the purchase, 150 bonus points and you still need to spend $90 more to get the 500 RZ points for spending $150 on games. These 150 bonus point deals sound good at first and they can be if you are buying the game anyway, but essentially you are only getting 210 points, still 40 shy of a $5 cert and the potential to get another 500 points down the road if you buy a couple more games.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, it is not. Spending $150 on games is equal to 500 RZ points through gamer zone, plus 150 RZ points just for making the purchases. An additional 150 point bonus on a $60 game purchase means you get 60 RZ points for the purchase, 150 bonus points and you still need to spend $90 more to get the 500 RZ points for spending $150 on games. These 150 bonus point deals sound good at first and they can be if you are buying the game anyway, but essentially you are only getting 210 points, still 40 shy of a $5 cert and the potential to get another 500 points down the road if you buy a couple more games.[/QUOTE]

If the $150 bonus points are in Reward Zone, you're correct. If they are in Gamer Zone, then it is $10. (150 pts in Gamer Zone is $10 or "500 Bonus Points"). The fact that they run together and have different thresholds is tons of fun to keep up with. I barely buy games at Best Buy and I've apparently "to date" gotten $90 back. Not bad for free.

Yes, I pulled up the site.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']If the $150 bonus points are in Reward Zone, you're correct. If they are in Gamer Zone, then it is $10. (150 pts in Gamer Zone is $10 or "500 Bonus Points"). The fact that they run together and have different thresholds is tons of fun to keep up with. I barely buy games at Best Buy and I've apparently "to date" gotten $90 back. Not bad for free.

Yes, I pulled up the site.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you haven't actually done one of these deals yet or you would not have stated what you did above since it is absolutely wrong. There is no such thing as "gamer zone" points. Gamer zone just keeps track of a cash value and for every $150 you spend, you get 500 RZ points issued. If you don't hit the $150 mark, you get nothing from Gamer Zone membership (other than maybe the odd coupon or discount) until you do. The bonus points they have been giving on these deals since Gamer Zone started are just 150 RZ points. That is not enough to do anything in the absence of buying additional games or other qualifying items.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm guessing you haven't actually done one of these deals yet or you would not have stated what you did above since it is absolutely wrong. There is no such thing as "gamer zone" points. Gamer zone just keeps track of a cash value and for every $150 you spend, you get 500 RZ points issued. If you don't hit the $150 mark, you get nothing from Gamer Zone membership (other than maybe the odd coupon or discount) until you do. The bonus points they have been giving on these deals since Gamer Zone started are just 150 RZ points. That is not enough to do anything in the absence of buying additional games or other qualifying items.[/QUOTE]

The Gamer Zone items are tracked separately (check the account, they even mention accumulating Gamer Zone POINTS) and bonus points get awarded based on the threshold. So, no... same pile diffferent view.

I mentioned the other person was correct and that it was RZ points. Otherwise they would make a bigger deal about $10 back.

Not sure if this fits, but I just got a Coupon for $10 off Punch Out Wii at Bestbuy. Coupon states that 7/1 to 7/31. It wasn't a Gamer zone coupon per-se, but I am in the program so I guess that's why I got this. So look out for this one.

EDIT : Disregard the assumption that this might be from BestBuy. The coupon comes from Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNEWZ']The Gamer Zone items are tracked separately (check the account, they even mention accumulating Gamer Zone POINTS) and bonus points get awarded based on the threshold. So, no... same pile diffferent view.

I mentioned the other person was correct and that it was RZ points. Otherwise they would make a bigger deal about $10 back.[/QUOTE]

Please stop spreading erroneous information. The only thing that is tracked in Gamer Zone is a cash amount spent. Check your account. It will only show how much you have spent and how much you need to spend for the next certificate. Those are not points, they are dollars. Once you hit $150 spent on games, you will be awarded 500 RZ points. That is on top of your regular RZ points which are tied to dollars spent and any bonus points. As such, Best Buy has never awarded anything but RZ points. Best Buy has never given Gamer Zone credit back equal to $10 back. This deal and all the others they have done just give you a total of 150 RZ points plus points equal to one per dollar you spend on the actual game. You then get that same amount of dollar value credit toward your $150 threshold in Gamer Zone. This is still well short of both a $5 and $10 certificate.

[quote name='Justin42']You're going backwards, he asked how may dollars 150 points was worth....

To get the $10 Gamer's RZ bonus, you need to spend $150... not just get 150 points in a bonus.[/QUOTE]

Right. I misread his post.

The site does mention that the extra 150 points are indeed Gamers Club bonus points which means it is a $10 dollar reward zone certificate after all is said and done plus you get the original 60 points in your normal Reward Zone account.

[quote name='mcgavin27']The site does mention that the extra 150 points are indeed Gamers Club bonus points which means it is a $10 dollar reward zone certificate after all is said and done plus you get the original 60 points in your normal Reward Zone account.[/QUOTE]

Again, incorrect. Many of the past bonus deals have been advertised as "Gamers Club bonus points". It's still an additional 150 RZ points in your account. The only reason they call them Gamers Club Bonus Points is so you understand that you still get the basic RZ points for the purchase and an additional 150 points if you are a member of the Gamer's Club. If you aren't a member of Gamer's Club, you don't get bonus points. It's as simple as that. I'm really getting frustrated at people posting erroneous information on this thread and several other BB threads lately.

[quote name='bojay1997']Again, incorrect. Many of the past bonus deals have been advertised as "Gamers Club bonus points". It's still an additional 150 RZ points in your account. The only reason they call them Gamers Club Bonus Points is so you understand that you still get the basic RZ points for the purchase and an additional 150 points if you are a member of the Gamer's Club. If you aren't a member of Gamer's Club, you don't get bonus points. It's as simple as that. I'm really getting frustrated at people posting erroneous information on this thread and several other BB threads lately.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

I'm not sure why you seem to think we're not saying the same thing.

I have not seem a bonus points for anything I've purchased SINCE the Gamer's Club started, but previous "Bonus Points" are applied to your purchase in RZ when you check your purchase.

The "tracker" on Gamers Club does show purchases in dollars, but all purchases are converted to RZ *POINTS* on the forums there, people mention the GC info as *POINTS*.

My page even from BB (on the conversion) says:

"Congratulations! You recently earned a $10 reward certificate (500 bonus points)
To date I've earned:

4500 bonus points
($90 in reward certificates)"

These are the BONUS amounts trranslated from GZ to RZ points. This coupled with mentioning points there is the issue.

In short: 150 bonus would be applied to RZ. You'd also earn normal RZ points *AND* Dollars spent on games towards bonus points given for GZ.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']This is correct.

I'm not sure why you seem to think we're not saying the same thing.

I have not seem a bonus points for anything I've purchased SINCE the Gamer's Club started, but previous "Bonus Points" are applied to your purchase in RZ when you check your purchase.

The "tracker" on Gamers Club does show purchases in dollars, but all purchases are converted to RZ *POINTS* on the forums there, people mention the GC info as *POINTS*.

My page even from BB (on the conversion) says:

"Congratulations! You recently earned a $10 reward certificate (500 bonus points)
To date I've earned:

4500 bonus points
($90 in reward certificates)"

These are the BONUS amounts trranslated from GZ to RZ points. This coupled with mentioning points there is the issue.

In short: 150 bonus would be applied to RZ. You'd also earn normal RZ points *AND* Dollars spent on games towards bonus points given for GZ.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think we are in fact saying the same thing. It means that if someone buys one of these games with the 150 bonus points and has nothing else in their RZ account at the time, all they will get is a total of 210 points and $60 in credit toward the $150 they need for a $10 certificate. That means by doing one of these deals, they don't even get a $5 certificate. It's only a good deal if you are going to buy the game anyway at full price and no other retailer has any kind of deal for the game.

150 (or I think maybe 125) points used to get you a $5 reward zone coupon. Year or two ago, they upped it to 250 points and it became a whole lot less useful.

bread's done
Back