Best Buy @Gamer Dec Coupons: DW8 $40off, COD:BO Vita $25off, EOU:MG 3DS $15off, BLOPS WII-U $10off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Just got my magazine in today.  Coupons are as follows:

Valid 12/1/13-1/4/14

FAQ:

-Coupons are working in store now.

-GCU should stack with the price AFTER coupon discount.  A few CAGs confirmed this is what happened with the Injustice coupon in October.

-CAGs are reporting that ONLINE ONLY it is applying GCU first then coupon. :hot: :hot:

Dynasty Warriors 8 :360: / :ps3: $40 off

:360: Dynasty Warriors 8

:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 8

$19.99 after coupon

or

$15.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $7.99 after GCU then coupon

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (Vita) $25 off

$24.99 after coupon

or

$19.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $14.99 after GCU then coupon

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl :3ds: $15 off

$24.99 after coupon

or

$19.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $16.99 after GCU the coupon

Call of Duty Black Ops :wiiu: $10 off

$29.99 after coupon

or

$23.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $16.99 after GCU then coupon

Disney Infinity Toybox Challenge Starter Pack :3ds: $10 off

$64.99 after coupon

or

$51.99 after coupon then GCU discount

or

Online: $49.99 after GCU then coupon

$10 off any Pre-Owned game $29.99 and Up

*Above link is to pre-owned games, sorted high to low.  Best I could do!

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Wireless Headset $50 off

$169.99 after coupon

Sony Pulse Wireless Headset $30 off

$119.99 after coupon

Everything should be linked.  Definitely going to use the EO coupon :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I always get these coupon's late, if only they integrated the coupons into the iPad app so you can view your coupons as soon as the issue is posted.

Wouldn't be a trade/beggars thread if Best Buy actually knew how to re-up the subscription. Mine ran out last month and I've tried twice unsuccessfully to renew in store, but the associates were clueless.

The magazine will be finished in May/June, so of course they aren't offering 12mo subs anymore.

The magazine will be finished in May/June, so of course they aren't offering 12mo subs anymore.

I thought only the physical mag was expiring, but not the digital version.

I thought only the physical mag was expiring, but not the digital version.

Nope, the whole shebang is closing up. No more @gamer coupon goodness after this spring. Sucks since I usually use a coupon or two a month, but the 20% more than makes up for it.

So, hey, I'm part of gamer unlocked 2-year commitment, am I supposed to get the coupons still, or is it only for people who subscribed just before they shut it down?

So, hey, I'm part of gamer unlocked 2-year commitment, am I supposed to get the coupons still, or is it only for people who subscribed just before they shut it down?

Only people who subscribed before the switch. Anyone who lapsed and reupped with the $30 coupon won't get the magazine.

Hey MetalSlugger,

That is very unfortunate to hear that the magazine is shutting down, may I ask where exactly you read about the magazine closure? I tried to do a quick Google search but wasn't able to find anything about it. My subscription is valid until June 2013, but they sent me last month digital issue at the very end of the month (plus I am also missing another issue that states under my account it had been sent) and so I have the option currently to extend my subscription until July 2013. But I guess that won't do any good if the June issue will be the last one they make, lol...

Hey MetalSlugger,

That is very unfortunate to hear that the magazine is shutting down, may I ask where exactly you read about the magazine closure? I tried to do a quick Google search but wasn't able to find anything about it. My subscription is valid until June 2013, but they sent me last month digital issue at the very end of the month (plus I am also missing another issue that states under my account it had been sent) and so I have the option currently to extend my subscription until July 2013. But I guess that won't do any good if the June issue will be the last one they make, lol...
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-Enhancement/td-p/723505

Sixth question down. I was going to post the link earlier but it's a PITA to do it on my phone. @gamer ends in May, existing subscribers only, with no new subscriptions being taken. I don't know if the last batch of coupons will be good for June too or just May.

Hey MetalSlugger,

Q: What changes were made to Gamers Club Unlocked?

A: We revised the program to make it even more valuable to our members. The new benefit of getting 20% off new video games (excluding digital) drives unprecedented value to our Unlocked members. To make way for this new benefit, we are discontinuing offering @ Gamer to new members. Current members will receive @ Gamer until their membership expires, or until May 2014.

Q: Where is my subscription to @Gamer?

A: If you are already an Unlocked member, you will continue to receive @ Gamer through the term of your membership. However, in May of 2014 we will no longer be offering it to members. New Unlocked members will not receive @ Gamer moving forward. The coupons included in your @ Gamer magazine will also be discontinued.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-Enhancement/td-p/723505

Only people who subscribed before the switch. Anyone who lapsed and reupped with the $30 coupon won't get the magazine.
Well that's stupid, BB really should have included the remaining coupons with the new membership.

Let the begging continue! One virtual hug up for grabs for anyone willing to give up their Etrian Odyssey coupon! Or a steam key or card or something, fuck if I know what I even have anymore.

My GCU subscription expired on 9/30/13. I recieved the $30 renewal coupon email and renewed in-store on 11/10/13. I recieved the december digital issue of @Gamer w/the coupons. I downloaded and have my digital december issue of @Gamer magazine on my PC and also used the included digital coupons on both DW8 and EOU:MG. So...

My GCU subscription expired on 9/30/13. I recieved the $30 renewal coupon email and renewed in-store on 11/10/13. I recieved the december digital issue of @Gamer w/the coupons. I downloaded and have my digital december issue of @Gamer magazine on my PC and also used the included digital coupons on both DW8 and EOU:MG. So...
So...what? Did you get the October and November @gamer issues? A lot of people keep getting the magazine even if their GCU is expired. Or you lucked out and got some more @gamer for whatever reason. Either way, the official policy is up in the BB Unboxed forum post: no mo @gamer for anyone other than existing subscribers.

So...what? Did you get the October and November @gamer issues? A lot of people keep getting the magazine even if their GCU is expired. Or you lucked out and got some more @gamer for whatever reason. Either way, the official policy is up in the BB Unboxed forum post: no mo @gamer for anyone other than existing subscribers.
It was extended to november 2013 due to my second issue (print) arriving crushed in the mail. So yes, I did recieve the october and november 2013 issues. My point is, it IS possible for those who lapsed recently and recently renewed with the $30 coupon to still recieve @Gamer w/the coupons, which you mentioned earlier wouldn't happen for new subscribers under the new membership.

they do but they don't double dip (price match and coupon) unless you have the managers that don't care
if you are trying to get a price match over the phone with their 1-888-BEST BUY(1-888-237-8289) #. they might not price match it, because it is not listed as their official competitor.

It was extended to november 2013 due to my second issue (print) arriving crushed in the mail. So yes, I did recieve the october and november 2013 issues. My point is, it IS possible for those who lapsed recently and recently renewed with the $30 coupon to still recieve @Gamer w/the coupons, which you mentioned earlier wouldn't happen for new subscribers under the new membership.

Are you actually extended though, or did your previous sub end with the Dec. issue? What does your account info on the @gamer website say? If you log in with your sub number you can see exactly when it ends.

I have a Etrian Odyssey code for trade. In fact any of the coupons outside of the DW8 (which I already used) and the COD Vita (which I might use) are up for trade.

Damn. Didn't realize I wouldn't get the coupons when I renewed. Was looking forward to DW8 for 20 bucks. Oh well, guess I'll just wait for price drops.

Magazine Expire Date - Nov 1, 2013

Payment Status - No Payment Due
Account Status: Expired
Expire Issue: N/A

Order Details:

Current Order Date: Oct 8, 2012
Subscription Term: 10 issues
Start Issue: Nov 1, 2012
Last Issue Mailed: Nov 1, 2013

I signed up on 10/1/12 and recieved my first issue (the print edition of the september 2012 issue) in-store right afterwords.

i didnt get why everyone was begging for coupons, but then when i added DW8 and Etrian Odyssey to my cart, put in the coupons and saw the total of $25, it all became clear...

Do the coupons even work anymore if you are just a regular gamers club (not "unlocked")? Is there a "check" in the system that you are unlocked before the coupon applies? 

I never got an answer last month. Not sure if there has been confirmation one way or the other.  If anyone wants to PM me the Vita Black Ops code I wouldn't mind trying. I'm probably the only person in the world that might even use that one (and actually since the game is $49, I probably still wouldn't). But I would at least check and see if it works. 

Etrian Odyssey is the only one I would probably buy right away if I actually had the coupon, but I figure nobody would be generous enough to give me that one just to "try" and see if it works. 

So I just bought DW8 and at the submit screen it was $8.74 and after I confirmed it changed to $52.41. Wtf? Anyone else have this happen? The last couple of times I dealt with their CS was awful and I really don't want to have to deal with them again but it looks like I have to.

Do the coupons even work anymore if you are just a regular gamers club (not "unlocked")? Is there a "check" in the system that you are unlocked before the coupon applies?

I never got an answer last month. Not sure if there has been confirmation one way or the other. If anyone wants to PM me the Vita Black Ops code I wouldn't mind trying. I'm probably the only person in the world that might even use that one (and actually since the game is $49, I probably still wouldn't). But I would at least check and see if it works.

Etrian Odyssey is the only one I would probably buy right away if I actually had the coupon, but I figure nobody would be generous enough to give me that one just to "try" and see if it works.
it is already confirmed it works if you are just regular gamers club, a few months ago by several cag posters.

Not really interested in any coupons this month. I have the digital versions, all unused, pm any trade offers if you want them. Codes for steam games, xbox, psn, dlc, etc..

Not really interested in any coupons this month. I have the digital versions, all unused, pm any trade offers if you want them. Codes for steam games, xbox, psn, dlc, etc..
what date did you receive your digital version? What was the subject name of the email? I'm trying to find mine and I can't find it. I don't think it was ever sent.

Got Dynasty Warriors 8 (360) for $8.43! Another great GCU deal. Now just waiting for the other games to drop in price so I can get some games for free.

Still looking for Etrian and/or DW8 digital coupons, willing to trade steam cards and junk. Check Steam profile in sig as well as key trade list if willing to help a brother out.

what date did you receive your digital version? What was the subject name of the email? I'm trying to find mine and I can't find it. I don't think it was ever sent.
Usually says "Your @Gamer issue + $XXX in coupons." I haven't gotten mine either, even though under my account page it says the latest issue that was sent to me was the December 2013 issue. I got my last issue five days before the coupons expired, I don't understand how a digital issue can always be so late for me.

I had a $10 reward certificate for preordering Need for Speed Rivals for PS4, so with that and the $40 off coupon, plus the Gamers Club Unlocked discount, I was able to get Dynasty Warriors 8 for Xbox 360 for only around $6.  Serious discount!

I had a $10 reward certificate for preordering Need for Speed Rivals for PS4, so with that and the $40 off coupon, plus the Gamers Club Unlocked discount, I was able to get Dynasty Warriors 8 for Xbox 360 for only around $6. Serious discount!
I would have used my $10RZ on something else if you still had to pay $6 for DW8 using the $10 RZ. Considering that most people in this thread didn't use a $10 reward certificate and posted that they only paid $8.74 using just the @Gamer coupon and GCU combination.

I would have used my $10RZ on something else if you still had to pay $6 for DW8 using the $10 RZ. Considering that most people in this thread didn't use a $10 reward certificate and posted that they only paid $8.74 using just the @Gamer coupon and GCU combination.
Looks like he bought it in-store, where the 20% doesn't yield as big a discount as it does online.

Around the 2nd and I believe it said "Your @Gamer Coupons have arrived", honestly I just typed in best buy into search within my email and it came up first.

Anyone not planning on using their Elite Pulse coupon?  

I'd be interested in trading for that one. Please PM me in what you would like for it. Thanks in advance. 

Elite Pulse Headsets will be on sale for $124.99 starting this Sunday. Is $94.99 after coupon a good price for these?
Yes, I paid $130 last month for the Gta V version of them and I love them. They work amazing on the ps4 and what's more, you can use them as headphones on the ps4 without them being on. They're also great for the ps3. I kind if wish I had waited to get them at this price

I'm not using any of the codes, except Dynasty Warriors 8.  Each digital coupon is up for trade - $1.00 Amazon GC or random Steam games/DLC, UV codes, PSN/XBL points...

Etrian Odyssey and Pulse Elite gone.

Yes, I paid $130 last month for the Gta V version of them and I love them. They work amazing on the ps4 and what's more, you can use them as headphones on the ps4 without them being on. They're also great for the ps3. I kind if wish I had waited to get them at this price
Was there an update to allow them to work on the PS4? As of last week it wasn't possible.

Never mind, I suppose you could patch it through your DS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back