Best Buy Gamer Gift Card question?

DealHunter

CAGiversary!
About a month ago I bought a Gamer Gift Card and placed $5.00 on it. Yesterday I used it for the first time. I bought a $19.99 game, and got the $5.00 discount. The cashier took my card and said you could only use it once. I questioned him about that, and he was adamant that you could only use it once. He proceeded to throw the card away. I'm stating this because if this is true, than the Gamer Gift Card really isn't worth it. If you have to put a minimum of $5.00 down and can only use it once, there really is no use. Is this really how the Gamer Gift Card works, or was this particular Best Buy just jobbing me?

I don't understand what you mean exactly ...

You can only use each GGC once. After you use it with the coupon, that's it. Just go ahead and buy another one and put $5 or however much you want on it, and then use the coupon again.

Hopefully, that answers your question.

When you buy the game or accessory you use the $5.00 you put on it, plus the COUPON on the back that says $5 off any game/accessory 19.99 or higher. The card itself is worth nothing besides the amount you put on it. The coupon is why you're getting it.

When you used the card you would have gotten your original 5 dollars you put on it, plus the additional 5 dollars off with the coupon. Five dollars for free is always worth it in my opinion. You just go get another card if you want to use one again - you could have put one penny on the card instead of 5 dollars - it doesn't matter.

The whole point is to use the coupon that comes with the gift card, not the gift card alone. The coupon is the "free money" and gives you the 5 dollar discount. A gift card is just that...a gift card. I always put a penny on those gift cards.

Ummm....

When you buy the GGC, you get a coupon on that's inside the case for $5 on any game or accesory $19.99 and up. So, baiscally, the Gift Card is just used exactly as money, and the $5 coupon is how you save $5.

He must not have seen the coupon...hopefully he did not throw it away.... :)

[quote name='romeogbs19']I don't understand what you mean exactly ...

You can only use each GGC once. After you use it with the coupon, that's it. Just go ahead and buy another one and put $5 or however much you want on it, and then use the coupon again.

Hopefully, that answers your question.[/quote]

I don't think you understand how the GGC works. Its a gift card AND a coupon. If I understand you correctly then you only used the gift card part. It is a giftcard, you can only use it once. The coupon is how you get the $5 off.

Wow, look at all the replies in just a 3 minute span.

Edit:

[quote name='bmarquardt']nothing like 5 people posting at once ;)[/quote]

My point exactly, lol.

yep...everybody is already correct....if you want the $5 dollars off just buy another one.

i pulled this off with my buddy yesterday and got SSX3 for $15

Thanks guys.

I see where I screwed up now. I didn't use the coupon that came with CD case packaging. :? I thought that it was just for decoration. At least I know better now.

bread's done
Back