Best Buy (Gba) astro boy $10 bux+ others for 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (98%)
there are a few games i saw today at best buy for really cheap. it was like astro boy, and midnight club racing (the newer one) for 10 dollars each. there were more scattered 10 dollar good gba games scattered around. i think also one of the tony hawks were 10 dollars.

u guys may wanna check it out.

Every time I go looking for Astro Boy GBA as part of a sale, it's out. I should probably just give up and pick it up for $20, I've heard repeatedly that it's an excellent game (even enhanced over the Japanese version with a better difficulty balance and less slowdown), so it's probably worth the cash.

Every time I go looking for Astro Boy GBA as part of a sale, it's out. I should probably just give up and pick it up for $20, I've heard repeatedly that it's an excellent game (even enhanced over the Japanese version with a better difficulty balance and less slowdown), so it's probably worth the cash.

I think Wal-mart has it for $15...but everything there is YMMV. It's worth a shot though.

[quote name='Kulock']Every time I go looking for Astro Boy GBA as part of a sale, it's out. I should probably just give up and pick it up for $20, I've heard repeatedly that it's an excellent game (even enhanced over the Japanese version with a better difficulty balance and less slowdown), so it's probably worth the cash.[/QUOTE]

I got one for $10 but I had to order it from the BB website the day before the sale started (for $20). Wait 2 weeks for it to come. Then I returned it instore and got my $22 back ($2 for shipping) and repurchased if for $10.

Quite a hassle but it is a really cool game.

i noticed the clearance too. they have astro boy posted for 5 dollars instead of 10. u think it's only 5 once they scan it??
----

these games are in fact floating in these stores still (i'm sure they have restocked it) because when that clearance sale came about i went there that morning and all of it was gone from both bb stores here)

[quote name='Kulock']Every time I go looking for Astro Boy GBA as part of a sale, it's out. I should probably just give up and pick it up for $20, I've heard repeatedly that it's an excellent game (even enhanced over the Japanese version with a better difficulty balance and less slowdown), so it's probably worth the cash.[/QUOTE]

The game is awesome. I've been playing it for a few weeks now. Action / platform at its finest.

i tried the game out for a while and i actually didn't like it either. i thought it was decent but i think gamespot giving it a 9.2 i was like ......ok. that's the only reason why i didn't snag it for 10 bux. i do like beat em ups i just cant feel it with astro boy.

This is a pretty fun game with a well-written plot (as in funny dialogue) and lots of replay value. My only complaints would be the enemy sprites ("larger" enemies are merely blocky, scaled-up versions of the smaller enemies) and quite a bit of slow-down, especially when a lot is happening on-screen at once.

Your character is also a little too powerful - it's way too easy to stock up on giant lasers that just overwhelm your enemy. But it's still very, very fun... gotta love Treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back