Best Buy GC Offers: 20% off Skylanders Giants Single Characters, $30 off Rocketfish 500GB Hard Drive for PS3

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Save $30 on Rocketfish 500GB Hard Drive for PS3

In Store Coupon: https://my.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/coupon/0900a76f8019034a

Save 20% on Skylanders: Giants Single Characters

In Store Coupon: https://my.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/coupon/0900a76f8019034b

Markdowns taken from current pricing. Limit 1 offer per My Best Buy Gamers Club membership. Not valid when combined with other coupons or offers. Not valid on pre-owned games, unless the coupon is for a pre-owned game/s. Selection varies by store. Valid only at Best Buy® stores in the U.S. and BestBuy.com®. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No backorders. No rainchecks. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. My Best Buy Gamers Club member ID or claim coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Offer valid 1/19/14 – 2/1/14.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was considering getting the hard drive but I think I'd rather upgrade my PS4 to 1TB and use that hard drive in my PS3.

Picked one 500gb up in store, there was at least 5 left and pretty much every store around me showed in stock. Basically if you want one...go to the store, they probably have them.

Just pick up one to install in my mom's laptop, I think $30 is worth it.

2.jpg

Anyone know which hard drive manufacturer/model Rocketfish is selling?
3.jpg

Has anyone tried picking up a "GIANT" skylanders giants figure in store with the coupon and have it work? I would have tried today but my store doesnt have the one Giant I need.

Driving by BB today so stopped in to see if they had any HDs left.  Had one, but it rang up $99.99 (tagged at $59.99).  I was able to get them to mark down and apply coupon to get it down to $29.99, but this may be in YMMV territory now.

http://www.amazon.com/HGST-Travelstar-2-5-Inch-7200RPM-Internal/dp/B0097LG9U8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1390398136&sr=8-4&keywords=tb+hard+drive+2.5

you can get a 1tb hd for 75bux, why buy a 500gb? you guys realize ps3 hd isn't anything special but a 2.5inch laptop drive right?
Probably because:

- $30 is less than half of $75, and 500 is half of 1000. Per gb it was straight up a better deal.

- For a lot of (most?) people, 500gb is more than ample for their ps3 digital storage needs.

- Maybe some people are still gunshy about the 1tb since the firmware update that screwed up ps3s that had 1tb drives in them (which they did have a way to fix within the week)

Still wish I would've snagged one before the price jumped, but I snoozed and therefore lost.

Probably because:

- $30 is less than half of $75, and 500 is half of 1000. Per gb it was straight up a better deal.

- For a lot of (most?) people, 500gb is more than ample for their ps3 digital storage needs.

- Maybe some people are still gunshy about the 1tb since the firmware update that screwed up ps3s that had 1tb drives in them (which they did have a way to fix within the week)

Still wish I would've snagged one before the price jumped, but I snoozed and therefore lost.
30 dollars? the coupon is for 30dollars off the 99dollar price.

Which means it must have been a mistake, since bestbuy usually doesn't adjust prices midweek.

Gotta love them.

Ok, so my new Rocketfish HDD is formatting on my PS3. A little frustrating but I figured it out. Woohoo for intermediate PC skillz. I used "format utility" to wipe the original 250 GB HDD that came with my system leaving it with like 203 GB out of 232 or something like that. Is that all I need to do to make sure all my data is off the old HDD? Can I now resell it or something?

Just a heads up in case someone missed it in the TRU thread (I know I did):

Skylanders original and Giants single figures are 40% off at Toys R Us this week. I know that TRU has slightly higher prices than other stores but I dont think anyones confirmed that this Best Buy coupon works on Giant figures (hot head, eye brawl) but it does work at TRU.

I picked up today:

Hot Head (my last Giant :D/ ) $9.59

Legendary Chill Lightcore: $7.79

And im officially shredding the Best Buy coupon I printed out.

Off topic but while we're talking about PS3 replacement hard drives, I'm hoping that Wii U PDP 320GB hard drive goes on clearance. GS still has countless amounts of it but for $69. They clearanced out the Nyko pack and other Wii U accessories. Looking forward to picking it up one day for cheap, $30 or so.

Is it wrong to feel giddy while scrolling through all the games you forgot about because of space management, and now there's room for them all? Gotta thank OP again for the find.Can't beat 30 paid in gc's!

bread's done
Back