Best Buy getting 80GB PS3 Bundle with KZ2, MGS4 NOW AVAILABLE (online & stores)

Anexanhume

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5305883/ps3-bundle-includes-mgs4-killzone-2

It's the standard 399.99, but with those two games, it's one heck of a bundle deal.

The article isn't clear on what "Next Sunday" is. Since this was posted on Friday, I take it to mean 9 days from then, or July 12th.

EDIT: This item is now available on BestBuy.com clicky. In-store pickup available, but no online ordering.

EDIT 2: Best buy switched it, online shipping is now available with in-store pickup no longer available.

EDIT 3: Some CAGers are starting to report that bundles are showing up in their local stores. For those who are curious, the MGS4 is NOT the greatest hits version.

EDIT 4: This bundle should be available at all stores now, and is featured in BB's 7/12 Sunday ad.

Also, you may want to check about price-matching a gift card that Toys R' Us offers:

[quote name='fahrenheits']Got this PS3 BB bundle this morning, the store manager was nice and he price matched TRU $50 gift card offer!

Paid $399.99+tax for this bundle and received $50 BB gift card for free.

TRU in my area (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) is running free $50 gift card for PS3 purchase promotion, so check with your local TRU and ask BB manger for price-match.

GL~![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but with having a Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo drive in my PC and having an MGS coming to the 360, I just can't justify $400+tax. Especially at the evil empire.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dabamus']Sorry, but with having a Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo drive in my PC and having MGS4 coming to the 360, I just can't justify $400+tax. Especially at the evil empire.[/QUOTE]

What is your source on MGS4 for 360?

[quote name='dabamus']Sorry, but with having a Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo drive in my PC and having MGS4 coming to the 360, I just can't justify $400+tax. Especially at the evil empire.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are being sarcastic, but the MGS game that is coming out on the 360 is a completely different game from MGS4.

Ummmm whaaat? MGS4 to 360? Gotta stop smoking the cheeba man.

Getting back on track, this is quite possibly the best bundle ever. Two of the best games on the system in the box? Poor Sony. I bought both of those games for full price and enjoyed the hell out of them.

I thought Microsoft was the evil empire?

Sorry, I was mistaken.

I thought it was MGS4 coming. My bad.

Still, there's an MGS coming for Xbox 360. That's the point.

quite possibly the best system bundle since the super mario world bundle. very awesome.

MGS4 29.99
KZ2 59.99 (MSRP)

PS3 80gig 399.99

Total ~ 499.99

you pay 399.99

you save ~100

not bad at all. i am loving this bundle. if i didnt own those two games i might have just jumped on this. but i like many others, will wait for the ps3 slim to drop for my second ps3 system.

thanks op

[quote name='SecretAgentHam']quite possibly the best system bundle since the super mario world bundle. very awesome.

MGS4 29.99
KZ2 59.99 (MSRP)

PS3 80gig 399.99

Total ~ 499.99

you pay 399.99

you save ~100

not bad at all. i am loving this bundle. if i didnt own those two games i might have just jumped on this. but i like many others, will wait for the ps3 slim to drop for my second ps3 system.

thanks op[/QUOTE]

29.99 + 59.99 = 89.98 ;)

Still, I don't have a PS3, and this makes waiting for the slim simply agonizing.

[quote name='Anexanhume']29.99 + 59.99 = 89.98 ;)

Still, I don't have a PS3, and this makes waiting for the slim simply agonizing.[/QUOTE]

Be strong. MGS4 is the main reason I want a PS3 (blu-ray is the other) but I'm still waiting.

[quote name='dabamus']Sorry, I was mistaken.

I thought it was MGS4 coming. My bad.

Still, there's an MGS coming for Xbox 360. That's the point.[/QUOTE]

Except that the 360 one coming...
-features Raiden
-will feel like DMC
-is only produced by Kojima, while the upcoming PSP MGS will be directed by him

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for Metal Gear Solid Rising. Definitely much more interested in Peace Walker coming to the PSP. I wish they would port MGS4 to the 360 (never gonna happen), just because I prefer playing online games on the 360. Anyway, this is quite the good bundle, but the crazies still stay it's overpriced, unfortunately.

If you don't like those two games, you could sell them for $60-$70 without much issue or trade them into GS for about $40-$50.

The fact that we've had the LBP / Wall*E bundle and now the KZ2 / MGS4 bundle is starting to make me the rumors of the PS3 Slim aren't that crazy. Cleaning out existing hardware with bundles is one way vendors have cleaned out old hardware in the past, especially Sony with the PS3.

Sony will try anything other than drop the system price to get people to buy their product. A price drop is long overdue.

[quote name='shrike4242']The fact that we've had the LBP / Wall*E bundle and now the KZ2 / MGS4 bundle is starting to make me the rumors of the PS3 Slim aren't that crazy. Cleaning out existing hardware with bundles is one way vendors have cleaned out old hardware in the past, especially Sony with the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Very good point I didnt think of that, if that is the case then it would make sense to wait for the PS3 slims for people who haven't gotten a PS3 already.

Still, I don't have a PS3, and this makes waiting for the slim simply agonizing.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I'm right there with you. I'm trying to hold off until the price drop / Slim comes out. This is by far the best bundle out there.

[quote name='dabamus']Sorry, but with having a Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo drive in my PC and having an MGS coming to the 360, I just can't justify $400+tax. Especially at the evil empire.[/QUOTE]

so for some reason microsoft isn't an evil empire? :applause:

Jesus, this is a tough decision. Wait for the slim or jump on this. To me, there are only 4 reasons to own a PS3: MGS4, Killzone 2, inFamous, and Blu-Ray. This knocks out 3 of them. Decisions, decisions.

currently have slightly over 400 bucks saved up... Not going to blow it all on a ps3 right now though, however this deal is very interesting. I plan to pick up a ps3 within a month or two, hopefully the slim will be announced! If not, i hope this deal will still be around

[quote name='pure skill']Jesus, this is a tough decision. Wait for the slim or jump on this. To me, there are only 4 reasons to own a PS3: MGS4, Killzone 2, inFamous, and Blu-Ray. This knocks out 3 of them. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

You left off a lot of really good PS3 exclusives from that list...

Uncharted 1 + 2

Resistance 1 + 2

Ratchet & Clank FTOD

Valkyria Chronicles

etc....

[quote name='Kenrik']You left off a lot of really good PS3 exclusives from that list...

Uncharted 1 + 2

Resistance 1 + 2

Ratchet & Clank FTOD

Valkyria Chronicles

etc....[/QUOTE]

Well he did say those were the reasons for him...

For me it was The Show (and Blu-Ray) but I know better than to think that others would buy a PS3 primarily for one game. That being said I bought the MGS bundle that was released with B/C last June and over a year later my PS3 library consists of the only 5 games I feel like I can't get a better experience 10 times over on my 360: MLB 09: The Show, MGS4, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, and Ratchet & Clank: FTOD.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well he did say those were the reasons for him...

For me it was The Show (and Blu-Ray) but I know better than to think that others would buy a PS3 primarily for one game. That being said I bought the MGS bundle that was released with B/C last June and over a year later my PS3 library consists of the only 5 games I feel like I can't get a better experience 10 times over on my 360: MLB 09: The Show, MGS4, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, and Ratchet & Clank: FTOD.[/QUOTE]
There are other games better on PS3 than 360.

Damn, I just bought their LittleBigPlanet/Wall-E bundle this past Sunday. The game and movie are still sealed. What are the chances they'll allow me to exchange LBP and Wall-E for KZ2 and MGS4 when this bundle is released?

[quote name='shrike4242']
The fact that we've had the LBP / Wall*E bundle and now the KZ2 / MGS4 bundle is starting to make me the rumors of the PS3 Slim aren't that crazy. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, esp since it looks like they opening up standard 80GB boxes, dropping in the games and then slapping a sticker on the box to make it a bundle vs printing up a special box (or just even box cover in the case of last year's MGS PS3 bundles). This makes it real fast, easy and cheap for Sony to 'build' these bundles..

was just trying to make the savings seem a little better ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']If you don't like those two games, you could sell them for $60-$70 without much issue or trade them into GS for about $40-$50.

The fact that we've had the LBP / Wall*E bundle and now the KZ2 / MGS4 bundle is starting to make me the rumors of the PS3 Slim aren't that crazy. Cleaning out existing hardware with bundles is one way vendors have cleaned out old hardware in the past, especially Sony with the PS3.[/QUOTE]

u do know that both the LBP and Killzone bundles are completly diffrent skus and are being sent to stores with diffrent sony sku's right?

so these may be limited editions but yeah very good for sony to compete

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well he did say those were the reasons for him...

For me it was The Show (and Blu-Ray) but I know better than to think that others would buy a PS3 primarily for one game. That being said I bought the MGS bundle that was released with B/C last June and over a year later my PS3 library consists of the only 5 games I feel like I can't get a better experience 10 times over on my 360: MLB 09: The Show, MGS4, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, and Ratchet & Clank: FTOD.[/QUOTE]

The SHow is a huge reason for me to jump on the PS3 late this summer when the price drop happens. You aint suffered until you're forced to play MLB 2kx for the 360.

I also want a blu ray player.

It's the standard 399.99, but with those two games, it's one heck of a bundle deal.
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

If this were on Amazon such that I could use my $75 coupon code and trade-in credit, it would be shipping to me right now.

But its not.

*sigh*

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Except that the 360 one coming...
-features Raiden
-will feel like DMC
-is only produced by Kojima, while the upcoming PSP MGS will be directed by him[/QUOTE]

MGS:Rising (the Raiden game) is coming to PS3 as well. Nothing to see here.

[quote name='pure skill']Jesus, this is a tough decision. Wait for the slim or jump on this. To me, there are only 4 reasons to own a PS3: MGS4, Killzone 2, inFamous, and Blu-Ray. This knocks out 3 of them. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]
You forgot about Uncharted!

Lame deal =/
PS3: $340 on Dell currently
KZ2: $50 on Amazon currently
MGS4: $30 everywhere currently
Total: $420
Deal: $400

$20 off? Not something to go crazy over.

[quote name='judgedee']so for some reason microsoft isn't an evil empire? :applause:[/QUOTE]

Quote for truth. :applause:

Also, to the individual who mentioned selling back MGS4 to GS for $40, forget it. it's a Greatest hit now and sells for $30.

Unless this doesn't have BC for PS2 games, I would say this deal is a steal at $90 off. ($60 for KZ, $30 for MGS4)

if i bought my ps3 last year from best buy and i bought the 2 yr warranty, will they let me return it and pick this up?

bread's done
Back