Best Buy getting 80GB PS3 Bundle with KZ2, MGS4 NOW AVAILABLE (online & stores)

Anexanhume

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5305883/ps3-bundle-includes-mgs4-killzone-2

It's the standard 399.99, but with those two games, it's one heck of a bundle deal.

The article isn't clear on what "Next Sunday" is. Since this was posted on Friday, I take it to mean 9 days from then, or July 12th.

EDIT: This item is now available on BestBuy.com clicky. In-store pickup available, but no online ordering.

EDIT 2: Best buy switched it, online shipping is now available with in-store pickup no longer available.

EDIT 3: Some CAGers are starting to report that bundles are showing up in their local stores. For those who are curious, the MGS4 is NOT the greatest hits version.

EDIT 4: This bundle should be available at all stores now, and is featured in BB's 7/12 Sunday ad.

Also, you may want to check about price-matching a gift card that Toys R' Us offers:

[quote name='fahrenheits']Got this PS3 BB bundle this morning, the store manager was nice and he price matched TRU $50 gift card offer!

Paid $399.99+tax for this bundle and received $50 BB gift card for free.

TRU in my area (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) is running free $50 gift card for PS3 purchase promotion, so check with your local TRU and ask BB manger for price-match.

GL~![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love your opinion. I am in the market for a PS3 and have the money to get the new BB bundle. My predicament comes in that, with the B2G1 sale this coming weekend at GS, I would get a used 40g with Uncharted, MGS4, and another game for almost the same price. (I also have about $200 in GS credit at this time.)

My concerns are two fold: 1) Impending price drop and 2) Buying a used system. Do you think I should be worried if I go the used route? I am not too worried about the Hard Drive size as I can get a 320g drive for $50 easy.

What do you think? And oh how I wish GS would match the BB bundle. How sweet would that be?

[quote name='ilbandguy']I would love your opinion. I am in the market for a PS3 and have the money to get the new BB bundle. My predicament comes in that, with the B2G1 sale this coming weekend at GS, I would get a used 40g with Uncharted, MGS4, and another game for almost the same price. (I also have about $200 in GS credit at this time.)

My concerns are two fold: 1) Impending price drop and 2) Buying a used system. Do you think I should be worried if I go the used route? I am not too worried about the Hard Drive size as I can get a 320g drive for $50 easy.

What do you think? And oh how I wish GS would match the BB bundle. How sweet would that be?[/QUOTE]

I'd personally buy the BB bundle for the piece of mind that you know the system is new and there's a 1-year warranty. From what I understand, Gamestop employees simply turn the system on to see if it boots -- if it does, they classify it as "working." The "impending" price drop will likely be the same price as Killzone 2 and MGS4 combined so you won't be saving/losing too much more.

Use the GS credit to buy an additional PS3 controller, PSN cards (because those hardly ever go on sale), and a few used games at the B2G1 free deal. And you certainly don't have to spend all $200 GS credit in one big binge. ;)

If this had the BC feature, I would get this. I would have bought the system sooner with that $100 PS2 system trade-in offer Gamestop had but to trade in a PS2 system without playing those games on a PS3 is unacceptable.

Until then, I'm waiting for a $300 system. It doesn't have to play PS2 games or even have games included and I'll buy it at that price. It would be cool, however, if they included a free trial to PSN for the lack of games packaged.

Since a friend of mine sent his 360 to Microsft three times and got RROD every time, I think it's safe to say PS3 will be my next console.

[quote name='Cage017']If this had the BC feature, I would get this. I would have bought the system sooner with that $100 PS2 system trade-in offer Gamestop had but to trade in a PS2 system without playing those games on a PS3 is unacceptable.

Until then, I'm waiting for a $300 system. It doesn't have to play PS2 games or even have games included and I'll buy it at that price. It would be cool, however, if they included a free trial to PSN for the lack of games packaged.

Since a friend of mine sent his 360 to Microsft three times and got RROD every time, I think it's safe to say PS3 will be my next console.[/QUOTE]

Free trial to PSN? What are you talking about? PSN is free.

[quote name='ilbandguy']I would love your opinion. I am in the market for a PS3 and have the money to get the new BB bundle. My predicament comes in that, with the B2G1 sale this coming weekend at GS, I would get a used 40g with Uncharted, MGS4, and another game for almost the same price. (I also have about $200 in GS credit at this time.)

What do you think? And oh how I wish GS would match the BB bundle. How sweet would that be?[/QUOTE]
Buy the bundle new. As a rule, don't buy a used system from GS unless its last gen.

Buy new. Sony's past hardware history is not as bad as MS, but not as good as the big N. Better safe than sorry when spending that much money.

I wish Best Buy was running the HDTV/PS3 deal again. I'm in the market for a new TV for my bedroom. I guess I can get the free 360 though...that deal is good.

Well, I picked up the bundle and love it. Not the biggest Killzone 2 fan, mostly because of the control setup, but I am sure I will get used to it.

Also, as I was standing in line at GS today, after having purchased my NEW bundle, the guy in front of me was trying to return a used PS3 he bought two months ago that had died. They wouldn't take it but said he could trade it in as a non-working system. I had the biggest smile on my face, grateful I had bought new.

[quote name='doubledown']I wish Best Buy was running the HDTV/PS3 deal again. I'm in the market for a new TV for my bedroom. I guess I can get the free 360 though...that deal is good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember that promo, that was right when The Dark Knight came out on Blu-ray came with a Sony Bravia, Sony blu-ray component stereo system and a PS3. That was a practically a steal since it had everything to experience HD gaming and 5.1 lossless sound out-of-the-box. But do check out your local BB, sometimes they have store bundles that have discounts as well.

Damn it, I should have waited and not pulled the trigger on the LBP/Wall-E pack. Thought I'd like LBP, but it just hasn't grabbed me at all.

[quote name='bortle']Damn it, I should have waited and not pulled the trigger on the LBP/Wall-E pack. Thought I'd like LBP, but it just hasn't grabbed me at all.[/QUOTE]

it must be tough having no soul.

Will this bundle go on past this week until a new bundle comes out or it is sold out of stock; or is it for this week only?

[quote name='grantme']Will this bundle go on past this week until a new bundle comes out or it is sold out of stock; or is it for this week only?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's until they're sold out of stock.

bread's done
Back