Best Buy getting a shipload of Wii's for Thursday

fenderhutz

CAGiversary!
I just confirmed with a manager at a BBY I used to work for that they are holding Wii's at the distribution centers and having them delivered to the stores on Wednesday evening. He stated probably looking at at least 50-60 per store on Thursday/Friday. Their internal database (called RSS) isnt' showing pending inventory either. Edit: Stated they are trying to keep the numbers a secret.

As I guessed before, retailers are trying to spike their Black Friday numbers to be the "winner". So we gamers lose I guess.

How do you lose? You can still get one eventually. Its not like you gotta wait till next year to get one. Just a few days. Not bad at all I say.

[quote name='fenderhutz']As I guessed before, retailers are trying to spike their Black Friday numbers to be the "winner". So we gamers lose I guess.[/QUOTE]

Indirectly, we may all win; higher short-term demand created by the supply bottleneck could snowball into long-term sustained demand, which will in turn motivate more third party investment in the Wii. Short term shortage = more games for us!

I know, I know, it's a long shot.

[quote name='mrmeatball']Is BestBuy even going to be open on Thursday?[/quote]

I'm 99.9% sure they're close on Thursday. :cry:

Good. They should be closed. I'd like it if they stayed closed the rest of the week. People shouldn't have to work over Thanksgiving :(

And if they really are holding them, that stinks. Well, their loss in my case. I'd go buy one after work tonight if it was available. I'm not leaving my house on Friday.

[quote name='Puppy']Good. They should be closed. I'd like it if they stayed closed the rest of the week. People shouldn't have to work over Thanksgiving :(

And if they really are holding them, that stinks. Well, their loss in my case. I'd go buy one after work tonight if it was available. I'm not leaving my house on Friday.[/quote]

you know they are holding. i was at best buy today just to take a look around. and i saw no Legend of Zelda, i asked and they said they didnt have any but around the corner from the wii games they had these two yellow bins that said wii games onthe side and low and behold theyre were about 20 LoZ in there. they told me they will get more wiis some time thursday thru sunday in time for their ads, but he said more than likely on sunday. how convenient.

Wonder if this is even another shipment from Nintendo, or if they could have put them in stores on Sunday.

If it's anything like the stores (including stores other than Best Buy) I've seen, these are seperate shipments. Some are being told to also hold accessories.

Likely being held for friday.

You know, I'm really starting to wonder how they allocated units to stores. My local BB makes a shitton of money as being the only one in an hour radius, and outsells the CC on the bad side of town. Yet, they only got 24.. however, I'm fairly sure they're hiding another 16 in the back.

Another weird thing.. they were pulling most of their PSP games last night. It almost got me excited, thinking a new clearance was impending. They weren't making space, as all the next gen stuff had been put up and the rest of the games organized.

[quote name='gizmogc']Is this a DEAL? No, its MSRP. Post it somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna step out here and say it's relevant, as it's info on a Wii restock. It's a decent heads up on some info. This is a miniscule violation in comparison to other threads that have survived in this forum.

Believe it or not, people are foaming at the mouth over the damned thing, and info on a restock has been scarce since launch (besides unconfirmed rumors).

I hope they get more in, but holding them in the back to save for black friday is bullshit. I've had orders cancelled at best buy, radioshack, amazon, and the majority of online sites are forcing bundles. Storing them in the back is just another way these businesses are fucking over gamers.

To get semantical, a "deal" is considered something favorable to the buyer. If you can't find a product, I would consider this unfavorable to the buyer. Therefore, locating something that is otherwise difficult to find would be a deal.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']To get semantical, a "deal" is considered something favorable to the buyer. If you can't find a product, I would consider this unfavorable to the buyer. Therefore, locating something that is otherwise difficult to find would be a deal.[/quote]
Yeah. Given the current market situation, finding a product at MSRP instead of paying a jacked up price on ebay is a deal.

Working at Best Buy, I want to let most of you know that you probably won't see these systems hit shelves on black Friday. The Best Buy ad for the following Sunday has the Wii in it with a minimum amount per store, so all stores are getting the units Thursday and holding them for this ad. Some stores might break this rule, but for the most part, you will not see any until Sunday.

I think Cheapy should've have made a temporary forum dedicated to PS3 and Wii availibity, it would avoid cluttering the game deal forum with non-deal topics.

[quote name='roymustang']I think Cheapy should've have made a temporary forum dedicated to PS3 and Wii availibity, it would avoid cluttering the game deal forum with non-deal topics.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, but if we're honest I think a LOT of CAGers are more into getting one or other of these systems than almost anything else at the moment. I know I have a Wii and still want a PS3 badly.

Well, considering for some rare games people post "deals" that are above MSRP this should stay here. Just my two cents.

If they're hodling out for the Sunday ad, I hate them. This is why the Best Buy I went to had less than 30? Great, just effing great.

sorry, but that is what Best Buy does, they get the systems in sometimes a week in advance, but hold them for the following ad because the ad states a guarenteed minimum.

[quote name='gizmogc']I should say it does not really matter. These threads will continue to appear and nothing will ever happen.[/quote]

Who cares...

is it really that big of a deal a few extra threads... goodness...

Especially considering right now is when there will be alot since people are trying to find stuff...

endure a month or so of a few extra threads in the deals forum... it's not that much to deal with.. especially considering there's not much else to talk about...

[quote name='gizmogc']From CheapyD

"If they are available now online, then yes, if other...then it belongs in deal discussion."[/quote]

He's gone and told mommy. I guess we're all grounded.

[quote name='roymustang']I think Cheapy should've have made a temporary forum dedicated to PS3 and Wii availibity, it would avoid cluttering the game deal forum with non-deal topics.[/QUOTE]

Itll happen for like 1 month every 5 years not a big deal really

[quote name='gizmogc']Is this a DEAL? No, its MSRP. Post it somewhere else.[/QUOTE]
if you were a bus patrol in elementary school, i bet you were a real prick.

Too bad there are going to be way more people at Bestbuy on Friday morning than last Sunday morning for the launch. And they'll only have two checkout lanes open. I'm not going near that place.

I went to a Toys R Us near me today and they just got a big shipment of Wii's in. They had it piled to the ceiling, it had to be at least a few hundred Wii's. Might wanna check Toys R Us if you can't find it at BestBuy.

[quote name='striker199']im at woodland hills, ca bestbuy. says were getting 72 wiis and no wiimotes or nunchuks :([/quote]
They say when? i'm 20 mins from woodland hills...

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']I went to a Toys R Us near me today and they just got a big shipment of Wii's in. They had it piled to the ceiling, it had to be at least a few hundred Wii's. Might wanna check Toys R Us if you can't find it at BestBuy.[/quote]

Please tell me you live in LA...

Actually I live in New York. Most other Toys R us have closed down near me except one really huge one. They had a bulk load of it and it wasn't going as fast as I thought it would. Might wanna check around your local area, and you just might get lucky. =)

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']Actually I live in New York. Most other Toys R us have closed down near me except one really huge one. They had a bulk load of it and it wasn't going as fast as I thought it would. Might wanna check around your local area, and you just might get lucky. =)[/quote]

I went to one this morning and no luck, called another and still none... maybe I'll call tommorow... I was there at open today and ran into the elmo people...

[quote name='Greendomo']They say when? i'm 20 mins from woodland hills...

Please tell me you live in LA...[/quote]
I live in the LA county and have been, for the past 2 days, feverishly searching for a Wii. All the Gamestops I called are holding the Wii's back until Friday, but they are definitely in stock. I've had no luck with Best Buy, Circuit City, or Wal-Mart. I haven't called Toysrus yet, but I'm sure I'll just get a "we don't know when" reply. Since we both live in LA, shall we combine forces?

I am one for the dieing breed of independent store owners and I would never hold out on customers like that. We have every game store imaginable in my area and I thought you were all treated like crap! Walmart made there customers stand out in the rain and the cold at a 24 hour store just so everyone could see them standing there. Makes for good press! Gamestop took $100 from 16 people to pre-order the ps3 and than only produced 5 units at launch. I stood in line and with my employees and bought units along with everyone else just to sell the units at cost for my customers. Nintendo would not ship us any accessories! Sony would only send us 7 ps3's and hold out on "resistance fall of man."

Well I bet there will be some Wii's out there on Friday even if BB holds theres until Sunday.

Is this a new trend for stores now with new gaming consoles? To sell part of their shipment and hold the rest back so we can go on a mad dash everywhere else for nothing? If you are indeed getting new shipments, why not let the people know instead of making everyone stand outside for nothing or waiting till Friday.

Now not only do we have to fight with other Wii/PS3 wannabe owners, but we have to deal with Black friday customers as well. We all know how thats gonna turn out.

[quote name='maddmoney']I am one for the dieing breed of independent store owners and I would never hold out on customers like that. We have every game store imaginable in my area and I thought you were all treated like crap! Walmart made there customers stand out in the rain and the cold at a 24 hour store just so everyone could see them standing there. Makes for good press! Gamestop took $100 from 16 people to pre-order the ps3 and than only produced 5 units at launch. I stood in line and with my employees and bought units along with everyone else just to sell the units at cost for my customers. Nintendo would not ship us any accessories! Sony would only send us 7 ps3's and hold out on "resistance fall of man."

Well I bet there will be some Wii's out there on Friday even if BB holds theres until Sunday.[/quote]

You think that's bullcrap. I stood outside in the rain and high winds at Wal-mart from the 16th to 17th and the store doesn't open till 7 AM. That's when they would give out the PS3's ...

Thats not the bad part. At about 3 AM on the 17th, I watched a guy my age get shot (yes I was at the Putnam Walmart in CT) and in the end, our group found several employees laughing and 2 of us, me and another kid, who also took a ricochet (spelling) off the ground didn't get crap. Not even a rain check

[quote name='pchea']I live in the LA county and have been, for the past 2 days, feverishly searching for a Wii. All the Gamestops I called are holding the Wii's back until Friday, but they are definitely in stock. I've had no luck with Best Buy, Circuit City, or Wal-Mart. I haven't called Toysrus yet, but I'm sure I'll just get a "we don't know when" reply. Since we both live in LA, shall we combine forces?[/quote]

Toysrus told me that nintendo doesnt tell them when it ships. or some rubbish like that.

Closest I came to getting a wii was by accident. Went to Blockbuster/Gamerush to rent a movie on Monday, saw some display wii boxes and asked them on a hunch.

They had gotten 5 units in that morning and sold the last one 10 minutes before I arrived...:bomb:

[quote name='gizmogc']Is this a DEAL? No, its MSRP. Post it somewhere else.[/quote]

Sorry man. You are wrong. At this point, any availability of a Wii or a PS3 outside of Ebay is a DEAL!!!

bread's done
Back