Best Buy GH Smash Hits and Metallica

NeoshoTiger

CAGiversary!
Picked up both games for $20 apiece at Best Buy in Rogers, AR. I haven't seen them advertised for that price, but they were in the regular section with tags that said "as advertised." They are regular price online, so maybe it was a one day ony or ymmv.

It's definitely not YMMV because I snagged the second to last copy of GH: Metallica for the 360 at my local Best Buy and it was only $20. I saw Smash Hits was too, but I already had that before.

I wish amazon would drop it to 20, amazon has it at 25. It would cost me almost 30+ after tax and the gas driving to and from best buy since it isn't close to me.

[quote name='Japakneez']I hope this is national. If you bought any 'Hero' game recently you should have a coupon insert worth an extra $5 off[/QUOTE]

What is this?

Both were definitely still on sale @ $19.99 this morning for PS3. I grabbed Smash Hits and the $5 off coupon from GH5 worked fine. Thanks OP!

NOTE: I also got Excitebots (Wii) & Bash Party (Wii) @ $15 each, MvsAliens & X:Men Origins BD for $9.99 each, Smallville S8 for $9.99 and a few random $3.99 DVDs. Pretty much every Black Friday price was still valid and looked like everything had been re-stocked at 9AM today.

EDIT: I only checked price on the GH games for PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does metallica come with a $5 coupon inside? I would like to have smash hits and metallica but only have one coupon on me right now (got it from DJ Hero).

Also, can you confirm if this price was good on the PS3 version?

[quote name='vegivo']Amazon.com has both of them Each for $25 bucks[/QUOTE]
You rock harder than cheeseburgers!!!!
I ordered Smash Hits just now, thank you!!

[quote name='Jcaugustine']TARGET :no: ...

has Smash Hits for $13.98 and Metallica for $14.98[/QUOTE]

Where is this coming from? Did you see it in-store?

Anyone else able to confirm?

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']You can find GH metallica in the target clearance section. Big YMMV as well. Not every target is the same.[/QUOTE]
Yup, my Target is selling GH: Metallica for $30. Waiting for it to drop...

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']You rock harder than cheeseburgers!!!!
I ordered Smash Hits just now, thank you!![/QUOTE]

Ur Welcome!!!!:whee:

Confirmed PS3 versions of Smash Hits and Metallica for $19.99 in-store at Porter Ranch, CA. Videogame salesguy seemed a slight bit annoyed at me for asking him to check the price (probably more war-weary after yesterday than anything), were both marked at $59.99, and both rang up at $19.99. When I went to check out at the front there was a bit of an issue taking the $5 coupon from GH5 (wasn't recognized by the system) but a manager came over to override it and give me the $5 off. Cashier seemed shocked by the price, too.

Thanks so much, OP! Would've never thought to venture out on Black Saturday (?) but this was worth it, plus the store was deserted at opening... lots of BF deals still to be had (including probably 40 PS3 bundles), although I ordered pretty much everything I wanted online.

ok, nobody can seem to provide simple details :bomb:. First of all, the guy that reported Smash Hits and Metallica didnt mention the system or if it was clearance.

2nd, Smash Hits is not reported in the Target Clearance thread. If its 13.98 then thats a new clearance. I called around to a couple target stores and Smash Hits is still $59.99 for both systems. Metallica is on clearance at target but only the 360 version.

Bestbuy has both Smash Hits and Metallica on both 360 and PS3 for $19.99. Solid deal and it isnt difficult to find!

Crap, I bet today was the last day for it with my luck. I was at my Best Buy earlier and had briefly seen this thread in the morning, but the price sticker listed the regular price and I couldn't find anybody for a while to get a price check, so I left it there. I did pick up Madworld (Wii) on sale (seemingly not clearance) for $9.99, so that was nice.

Just picked up GH Metallica for ps3 in AZ for 19.99. No coupons were inside the box for those wondering.

Found GH Smash Hits (360) at my Best Buy for $19.99. It was on a table with other games. I think it was stickered at $59.99, but there was a "$19.99" sign that looked store-made - AND there was a sheet that looked like it was corporate with a list of all the discounted games from multiple platforms that also confirmed the $19.99 price. So I'm fairly confident this is NOT YMMV at this point.

As for the $5 coupon:
Can anybody confirm if it comes in the GH5 guitar bundle as well as the stand-alone retail GH5 game? Thx.

[quote name='gantt']As for the $5 coupon:
Can anybody confirm if it comes in the GH5 guitar bundle as well as the stand-alone retail GH5 game? Thx.[/QUOTE]
I do have one from the initial run of the GH5 standalone game (the one with the free Van Halen offer). Also the same one in DJ Hero.

Thanks for the tip! I just made a double score:

Found Smash Hits (Xbox 360) with "bundled" kick pedal for $20! Not a bad deal! See if your store still has a few of those relics laying around. I don't think this title was a big seller.

Picked up the last copy of Smash Hits on Xbox 360 at the Bellevue, WA store around 3pm for $19.99 - $5 GH5 coupon. They had a bunch of Metallica on 360, and 3 copies of both Smash Hits and Metallica on PS3.

[quote name='hypertails02']Yup, my Target is selling GH: Metallica for $30. Waiting for it to drop...[/QUOTE]

Target in Bronx NY 14.99 in clearance section got one yesterday

Thanks OP! 20 bucks was my magic price point on these two titles and with the $5 coupon from GH5, they both rang them up at $15 each!

The system didn't accept the coupon but the clerk just typed in "$10 coupon" when I pointed out that it said 5 dollars off any GH games. I was waiting on Target to drop the price on these but the ones near me have only had the Metallica title for $29.99. Smash Hits has not been on clearance at any of my Targets.

[quote name='splintercell']I do have one from the initial run of the GH5 standalone game (the one with the free Van Halen offer). Also the same one in DJ Hero.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Lacking confirmation from others, I guess I'll just have to wait for my GH5 guitar bundle to arrive to see if it has the coupon. Although it will probably be too late, seeing as the $20 prices probably end today.

Now if there was a scan of this coupon somewhere...

Thanks op Went to best buy in concord, ca and they have guitar hero metallica ps3 for 19.99$. Only saw 2 left. Bought it for ~22(tax). Did not see any smash hits (ps3) however, although online system says there should be some available. The price online is still msrp for both...maybe they don't want amazon to snipe pricematch them... as an aside, i was checking targets in my area *east bay, california dublin/san ramon/walnut creek* for an e-reader and browsing endcaps. I did NOT see any guitar hero for the ps3 on clearance

I just picked up Smash Hits for the 360 for 19.99 at the Best Buy in Orange, CT. They had 4-5 copies left, and the price was clearly marked on the plastic divider card in the game rack. I didn't notice any Metallica copies there. Thanks to OP.

They had lots of Smash Hits in the new Eatontown, NJ Best Buy*. They weren't stickered or anything, the price was just listed as 19.99 on the usual plastic divider they put between games, same with Metallica.

Overlord 2 was also 19.99 now, I think it was still 49.99 last week.

(*Don't know why I wrote Walmart )

[quote name='diddy310']They had lots of Smash Hits in the new Eatontown, NJ Walmart. They weren't stickered or anything, the price was just listed as 19.99 on the usual plastic divider they put between games, same with Metallica.

Overlord 2 was also 19.99 now, I think it was still 49.99 last week.[/QUOTE]

Is that the same one as the neptune one?

[quote name='Nocturnx99']damn, all 3 bestbuys in my area say 59.99 each. u guys are lucky[/QUOTE]

Or timely. This was probably just a Friday-Saturday deal. And are they scanning them? Because they were stickered with the usual BB yellow label reading $59.99.

bread's done
Back