Best Buy gift card as AmEx?

pinatamonkey

CAGiversary!
A friend related this story to me the other day, and I wanted to ask you guys if anyone's ever heard/experienced something similar...

He was buying some chinese food takeout, and mistakenly handed over his best buy gift card, instead of his debit card. My friend asked the lady to hold on, as it was just a BB card, and he was going to give her his debit card. The lady ran the BB card through the machine and said it was OK, since the BB card has an American Express logo it can be used anywhere that accepts American Express.

Now, does this work? Or did my friend get free chinese food?

Hm, That would be interesting if it did work that way.

I just find it hard to believe that two people would confuse the Best Buy gift card for a credit card though.

I've never heard of anything like that with any type of gift card. But since it does have the Amex logo, I guess it might work. I don't know how many places besides BB are going to take a BB GC though.

[quote name='trunks982']check the real american express credit or debit card to see how many digits. the BB GC got 15digits.[/QUOTE]
15. The only problem with using it online as an one time use credit card is the lack of a billing address and expiration date.

bread's done
Back