Best Buy gift cards for cancelled items! (Bioshock 2 CE, etc)

I got some money too, cool!

Wow, surprised BB is doing this. I mean honestly it is a sale and sometimes you just missed out. I didn't hold any grudge towards BB. I was bummed I didn't get my items but IMO it was my own fault for just not getting in an order sooner than others.

[quote name='Kenshindono']wait am I reading these gift cards right? I just got a couple notifications about them (saying i'll be receiving the giftcard, not the actual gift card) But it didn't specify what the items were. Its hard to know since i got screwed on several.

But if im reading it right its only like 15 bucks of the price of the game that was canceled, and even then ONLY for online purchases. Now considering most of the items aren't even avalible online, what the hell good does a giftcard for money off something i cant even order do?

Am i reading it wrong or is that really how it works?[/QUOTE]

I wish BB could read comments like this and be like "you know what? nevermind on your gc, we take it back."

how ungrateful can you be?

Sure getting a $80 limited edition for $25 would have been a great score. But not getting the item and getting a $25 gift card isn't horrible.

You paid for the $25 with your time and patience.

[quote name='Kenshindono']wait am I reading these gift cards right? I just got a couple notifications about them (saying i'll be receiving the giftcard, not the actual gift card) But it didn't specify what the items were. Its hard to know since i got screwed on several.

But if im reading it right its only like 15 bucks of the price of the game that was canceled, and even then ONLY for online purchases. Now considering most of the items aren't even avalible online, what the hell good does a giftcard for money off something i cant even order do?

No, as it says....

"The e-gift card is yours to use as you wish ...on whatever you wish...in a Best Buy store or on bestbuy.com."

You can use it on anything...

My e-mail says the gift card will be for the purchase price of the canceled item (in my case $5 for Vanquish). It also says the gift card is good both on-line and in store and can be used for anything BB sells.

Not bad. Got a 10$ gc for my cancelled Bioshock CE. Sure I'd rather have the thing I ordered, but it was a deal and deals don't last forever. Ten bucks toward something else (Revelations for 20 out of pocket maybe?) is so much better than nothing. Shrug.

Damn I really shouldnt have canceled so much myself when it went to back ordered. You people and your patience. Take your virtues and shove it!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Damn I really shouldnt have canceled so much myself when it went to back ordered. You people and your patience. Take your virtues and shove it![/QUOTE]

I LOL'd

I got one for Vanquish being cancelled ... I can't believe they're sending out gift cards for all these cancelled orders. Though I rather would've got my game, it's still pretty awesome of them.

I just extended a backorder. I wonder if they will eventually give me a card for that one too when it gets cancelled.

Sweet, got a few e-mails - how unexpected. BB is rocking the holidays this year.

And wow at the raving lunatic earlier complaining about this when they could have just done.. nothing.. like most other retailers would have.

This is nice, but I think it's stupid that there were news stories about this making bestbuy look bad even though they've been the best retailer this year. They even had some guy who runs some unpopular deal website talking about how bad bestbuy is for this, but he didn't even have his facts right.

This was great news. I'm getting a $8 giftcard for my cancelled Bulletstorm PS3 and HA! I actually was able to pick it up in store and get the collector's edition for $8.

Only on CAG would people feel entitled enough to complain about getting their money back and a free giftcard.. *sigh*

Canceling a bunch of orders right before Christmas would pretty much be a dick move. Best Buy didn't have to do this, but it goes a long way to keep people happy. There must have been a big problem on their end that caused the cancelation of so many orders. I ordered a Bioshock 2 CE on black Friday on the off chance that it would ship. No biggie either way. My neice on the other hand, has a few Christmas gifts that were canceled. That has to suck.

[quote name='waldo21212']I almost don't want to use the $5 card I'm getting for my canceled Vanquish.

I have heard BB is doing poorly, and I have gotten some really great deals from them lately. Giving everyone gift cards has is going to cost them.

At least most of the gift cards they will be issuing to people on this site is for stuff that has been already greatly discounted.

Also not sure why people are so pissed that they weren't able to get a deal for something marked down 75%+, and are mad at BB giving them free $ to spend at BB.[/QUOTE]

You've pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter. There was bound to be a lot of cancellations due to how many people were going to jump on those prices and yet everyone expects Best Buy to give them stuff, when in reality they lost nothing but time. And yes, I realize that there's a decent chunk of people who ordered something as a gift, but if you were going to have something canceled, there was usually a good way of telling the writing on the wall (e.g. the "null-null" thing, for example).

IF I use my credit, it'll be going towards a preorder or something similar in value like someone else suggested to help them out a bit - I didn't expect anything for this and don't understand why so many people are rabid over it (although I suppose it's more one of those "vocal minority" things and not an "everyone in the world wants to be an entitled ass now" thing).

[quote name='themidgardknight']Has anyone actually received their gift cards yet, or just the emails saying you'll be getting them?[/QUOTE]

I just received mine a minute ago.

Best Buy cancelled 5 of my orders.

1 was Ben Hur, so I already got a $10 GC

I got emails saying I will get GCs for 3 of my 4 remaining cancelled orders.

I only received one actual GC so far for the most expensive order.

My final cancelled order was a store pickup (that they were unable to locate) and I have not received any emails for it.

I guess they are only issuing them for orders that were supposed to be shipped at the moment.

:cry:

Has anyone received more than 1 GC yet?

I can see where the other guy was coming from... I ordered 3 copies of Flingsmash within 20 minutes of the deal going live. Site said in stock, ships within 1 day, so I assumed (and rightfully so) that my order would have no problems and be fulfilled. 36 hours later they send me a backorder email and then a WEEK later they cancel my order all together saying they'll never be getting more copies of the game.

I was pretty pissed, especially when I talked to my buddy who ordered his Flingsmash copies 2 hours after I did and he's received his with no hiccups at all.

When I order an in-stock item I expect to receive it, not have to wait to be told that they don't actually have it - that's shady business and it rubs me the wrong way. The refund and the gift card help the sting some, but I can't go buy 3 copies of Flingsmash for my original $24 + the $24 gift card. I'd much rather have the product I ordered than a gift card to put towards stuff I can usually get cheaper on Amazon.

Dammit my Bioshock 2 LE got cancelled but i can't check to see if i got a giftcard because the server my email is on is down.
On the bright side i got a free copy of PilotWings Resort. My cousin went to pick up my order and he came back with an extra game. He's like i just took what they gave me :)
Loving BestBuy this year.

do you have to spend the entire balance at once?

For example, I recieved a $25 online credit (when BB cancelled Anchorman: Mahogany Edition). I am buying LA: Noire Complete for $21.65 (after taxes).

What happens to the remaining $3.35 balance - can i use it for a future purchase?

[quote name='sabin23']do you have to spend the entire balance at once?

For example, I recieved a $25 online credit (when BB cancelled Anchorman: Mahogany Edition). I am buying LA: Noire Complete for $21.65 (after taxes).

What happens to the remaining $3.35 balance - can i use it for a future purchase?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you couldn't, since that's how gift cards typically work.

Just got an email for an $8 giftcard. Checked my orders and the only one that's been cancelled is one I cancelled myself for just about that amount so that works for me.

I got the email letting me know that I had an incoming $10 gift card and got the actual gift card within the hour. Very nice surprise.

[quote name='confoosious']I wish BB could read comments like this and be like "you know what? nevermind on your gc, we take it back."

how ungrateful can you be?[/QUOTE]

And I wish you would die in a fire. Did you even read the post? No of course not, you just wanted to be snarky. As i said, the way i read it was that its an e-gift card only towards the purchase of the same item. My guess was online only. Seeing as how the problem is most of the items online that got canceled are.. you know NOT AVAILABLE! That would make them pretty damn worthless.

I was asking if I read it wrong or if thats how it works. Maybe next time read the damn post before preaching from your fucking high horse. Theres several people who now replied saying you can use it for whatever you want. If that's true then thats cool. I'll probably use it to pick something up. And thats pretty cool of them to do that. I'll have to see when they send the actual giftcard. Seeing as how they didn't specify what items it was for. I had quite a few that got canceled

[quote name='waldo21212']My e-mail says the gift card will be for the purchase price of the canceled item (in my case $5 for Vanquish). It also says the gift card is good both on-line and in store and can be used for anything BB sells.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was reading it on a mobile so maybe i missed the part about being able to be used on anything. I'll read it over better tomorrow. Maybe i'll have the actual giftcard by then. Too bad i didn't get one for the 2nd Zelda LE 3DS they canceled ;P In fact the one that DID ship got damaged because they mailed in in a bubble mailer. I cant exchange it either and the things are rare. I guess im just stuck with a smashed box

To anyone whos actually got their cards yet. Do they specifcy what games your getting them for? I just got 2 emails about one for 15 bucks and one for 13 bucks. But no details on what items they were for. I had about half a dozen orders canceled

The email sends you to a website where you enter your email. Then you get your gift card code. Print it out or have csr scan from your phone if instore. If online type in gift card box. Used 3 gift cards for total of $18 on RDR for instore p/u. No problems adding all of them to the order.

BB is doin this because there was a big article on yahoo about BB cancelling orders just days before XMAS and has a lot of ppl on panic mode to find a different gift. Now if Best Buy invested or hired some competent to have their inventory system overhauled it would save them a lot of money and prevented the heartbreak of many people ordering online in their website.

Anyway I got my $8 GC from SWTFU2 CE order that got cancelled, pretty happy with it as it was a game I did not want anyway.. but all my other orders if they were cancelled would have not been worth the GC that they are giving away :)

thanks I bought vanuqish and killzone 3 which were both cancelled. I just checked my email but in the end I only got $6 via egiftcards

I got a $200 GC for my PS3 Holiday Bundle and a $10 GC for my Bioshock 2 CE but both those orders were placed around Black Friday.

I've had several small purchases cancelled these last two weeks but haven't received any gift cards.

Are we sure they are giving them out for purchases made recently and not orders from around Black Friday?

I held out on 2 of my back-ordered games. I did receive 2 emails today from Best Buy, but they are only telling me "Again" that my 2 orders are still back-ordered and haven't shipped yet. No gift certificates for me. How long do you have to wait with these back-orders before they get canceled and you get the gift certificates? One of mine is well over 3 weeks.

Just got off the phone with BB. They will not PM my Gears Epic because it was part of the B2G1 sale, "it doesn't qualify" and they will not issue me a GC for a store pickup order that "was not able to be located in the store" because "it is under $50", then I told her they are issuing GC for other orders and she said "They don't get sent out until the 1st". fuck BB. I guess I will just dispute the charge for the price difference.

bread's done
Back