Best Buy gonna be th only retailer for RB3 real Fender?

Koiji

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I've been wanting to get that shiny new Fender Squire that Harmonix is pushing out soon. My only problem is that it's going to be exclusively sold at Best Buy. =/ I was hoping for Amazon or something along those lines so I could avoid tax primarily. The $280 guitar it self plus the midi adapter to use it ($40) makes for almost $30 in tax alone in my state.

So my question is, do you think (or does anyone know for sure if) it will follow to other retailers eventually? I can't see BB being the only place to buy it forever (excluding resale places like ebay or craigslist), but I don't know for sure. Can't find any such details searching the Internet...

as far as i can tell its exclusive to best buy and with how poorly i think its going to sell i dont know that its going to change as why would other retailers want something clogging up their warehouses.

the only silver lining is im hoping it does do poorly and thus goes on clearance/sales fairly shortly.

the reason I think this is because Rock Band 3 itself sold poorly and the music plastic instruments genre is barely on life support.

my advice is just hold off on purchasing it for now and see where this goes.

That's a good point I hadn't thought of. That really would be awesome to get this for a significant discount, I'm just scared it might one day become a rare, collector's item only to be found on ebay and the like for higher-than-MSRP prices. But I'd also bet a ton of people will purchase this and fail, get frustrated, and put it up for sale, which could also be good discount, depending on its popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah $300 bones is a lot of money but i look at it like this.

Im going to learn the guitar anyway might as well buy it because it is in fact a real guitar.

$300 for a real guitar isn't that bad at all even if it sucks.

Oh I totally agree, I was just hoping to get this through Amazon or something to avoid tax on $300. I already own a Fender Squire Strat, but I really wanna try this with Rock Band. =D

[quote name='retrad']$300 for a real guitar isn't that bad at all even if it sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. For that much you can buy an LTD or Schecter.

bread's done
Back