Best Buy GTA V Special Edition available for in store pick up.

Although this is priced MSRP, I think it's cool to post this here because it's sold out on Amazon and some people might want to still get this. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure if the extras are worth it since I got a copy 2 copies from Best Buy for $60 plus 20 in reward certs

It's not available near me, but that doesn't matter much, as the nearest Best Buy costs like $20 in gas to get to and from. 

If you're able to get one you might be able to get them to PM the mistaken price in Walmart's ad of $59.99 for the Special Edition.

I was just coming here to post this.   I was able to get free shipping when I checked out.  84.99 total (5.00 tax).   I was not going to get this game but then I saw some videos of live gameplay on IGN.  There is a two hour one on IGN app on xbox.  I was amazed.

I held off and waited forever for this to hopefully show available for pre-order so I could use $10 is RZ certs and get another $10 back. It never did, so I drove up earlier and picked up a standard copy that I pre-ordered at the last moment. I took a break from packing my bags to go ahead and do the 8 gig install, so when I am done traveling tomorrow and into Thursday, I can jump right in. And now there are SEs available?! Figures... I mean, I wouldn't have gotten the $10 pre-order cert if I ordered one of these but I still could have used my $10 I already had. Oh well...

I saw a bunch of these at Target. Succesfully PMed WM ad for $59.96 but I think they emailed everyone about the error by now.

Newegg had both PS3 and 360 SE in stock last night. By the time I was  going to place an order for the PS3 version it sold out, for PS3 at least. 

That's weird.. it says every store has this in stock around me, but when I went yesterday the employee told me that he had a lot of upset customers because they never received any of the special editions and people who preordered we're out of luck .. Now a few hours later they all have them? Something doesn't seem right

That's weird.. it says every store has this in stock around me, but when I went yesterday the employee told me that he had a lot of upset customers because they never received any of the special editions and people who preordered we're out of luck .. Now a few hours later they all have them? Something doesn't seem right
Same for me. Must be some kind of glitch. I know for a fact that 3 of the bestbuys in my area sold out yesterday. No way did they get a new shipment that fast.

I'm getting the " We are currently experiencing site difficulties " message.

Edit seems to be working now.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, inventory is off, might get lucky if your store actually gets some stock in, but the locator is definitely wrong. type in any zip code, and every store is suppose to have stock. i sold my special edition dlc for $55 (actually pretty cheap compared to others) on ebay, so this is definitely worth it to get the game even if you dont want the extras. im thinking of throwing the steelbook and blueprint on there too as they seem to be going from around 20 to 30 bucks.

After not getting the $10 gift card with my Toys R Us purchase yesterday, I went ahead and put in an order for  :ps3: Special Edition. My closest Toys R Us is near a Best Buy, so if it turns out they don't have it in stock, I'll just continue on my way to get a gift card. I'm so glad I didn't unwrap the games now.

Thanks OP for the heads up.

I held off and waited forever for this to hopefully show available for pre-order so I could use $10 is RZ certs and get another $10 back. It never did, so I drove up earlier and picked up a standard copy that I pre-ordered at the last moment. I took a break from packing my bags to go ahead and do the 8 gig install, so when I am done traveling tomorrow and into Thursday, I can jump right in. And now there are SEs available?! Figures... I mean, I wouldn't have gotten the $10 pre-order cert if I ordered one of these but I still could have used my $10 I already had. Oh well...
As long as your RZ is on your receipt, you can get an adjustment. Just let the CS rep know you have certificates you want to use. They'll take care of it for you. Did you do an in store pick up?

As long as your RZ is on your receipt, you can get an adjustment. Just let the CS rep know you have certificates you want to use. They'll take care of it for you. Did you do an in store pick up?
I picked it up in-store but I am my flight is in a couple hours and BB is an hour away from here. I'll just let it go for now.

Yep got the not available at my store email even though it shows in stock. 

I also see a pre order I had for the Pokemon 3DS XL isn't showing up at all in my orders. Not finding anything by order number either.

i managed to just get one at target, stock showed limited supply but the shelves were empty. turns out they had one hidden away in a drawer behind the counter. i dont know what the deal with that was, but im guessing some employee is going to be pissed when he gets to work today and finds his special edition gone.

Seems destined for cancellation based on the inventory glitch but what the heck, I'll put an order in for pickup at my local store and see what happens.

It wasnt glitches last night. Not every store had one in the system...

And i was looking forward to picking it up today too...

I hope it doesnt get cancelled :(

That was quick, my order was cancelled in less than 20 minutes:

We're very sorry, but your item listed below is no longer available for pickup.

That being said, we'd still like to get you this item. There may be a chance that we can either:

• Find a different store in your area with the item in stock.
  • Ship the item, if it is available, via free standard shipping.
If you're interested in any of these options, please call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). If possible, please have your order number handy.

I know it is YMMV, but I got a price match on the Wal-Mart advertisement mistake that listed the special edition for $59.99.  Then again, I was told, when I picked up my pre-order of the special edition late in the day, that that was the only copy left in the store and they only ordered enough to fulfill pre-orders.

Most likely a glitch in their system. I tried ordering and keep getting this with no further explanation.

• There was an issue while processing your order.

Mine showed in stock as of store opening... Ordered at 10:01am. 45 Min later I get an email saying item no longer available. I call BS. Very poor service on BBY part imo. Oh well.

Hopefully Amazon will get another shipment of these in (sometime they tend to hold a large supply back for exchanges and such) so I've been keeping an eye on their page also.

I think the glitches now is just the results or continuation of the glitches they had for preordering the game where people were able to get the multiple copies for free. It's in the Deal Graveyard section where I first saw it. Kinda suck I missed it, no make that it really suck I missed it lol. Oh well getting the SE for $20 cheaper kinda makes me better. :p

Or... instead of complaining... you could have preordered the game... when it was available for preorder... for several months...

Unless GTA V snuck up on you---small niche titles like this tend to do that  :rofl:

yeah, inventory is off, might get lucky if your store actually gets some stock in, but the locator is definitely wrong. type in any zip code, and every store is suppose to have stock. i sold my special edition dlc for $55 (actually pretty cheap compared to others) on ebay, so this is definitely worth it to get the game even if you dont want the extras. im thinking of throwing the steelbook and blueprint on there too as they seem to be going from around 20 to 30 bucks.
Got my SE DLC on eBay right now. Let's see how much I could get for it. I did a 1 auction, hopefully it'll go high enough to off set the $80 price.

I placed a 360 order on Amazon on September 3rd.

I placed my PS3 version back in May.

That's a pretty large window
I believe the ps3 special edition has been sold out for a good while now when I checked. Also not everyone has both systems (nor want a specific version). So congrats I guess?

I'm sure people are doing this but I had pretty great luck with Target here in the Atlanta area. After 3 different BB cancellations I found the Special Edition (360) on my second call to a store. 

I went to my closest Target and all the shevles were empty for the PS3 SE edition. However I scored one that was in a stockers cart! They also gave me 5% off when I said my wife has a Red Card but I didnt have it on me :) . I have Gamestop $150 version being delivered for the 360, but I am going to return it to a local store since all I read is the PS3 version is better.

I didn't get the game but I got a free 10 dollar gift cad for the mistake! 

Best buy just keeps on giving.

Somehow I got both games from the B1G1 glitch for free. They never charged my cc.

bread's done
Back