Best Buy GTA V Special Edition available for in store pick up.

Showing in stock for in store only.
Guess it was gone just like that.

G558qSm.png

people on the bestbuy forum, are complaining about their stores selling their preorder copies of gta v special edition to people, who did not preordered it. LOl

Hard to believe that this is actually sold out. I figured it would end up like the max payne 3 special edition and be available everywhere. Guess rockstar lost a lot of money on that one and really only produced enough to cover preorders this time.

Hard to believe that this is actually sold out. I figured it would end up like the max payne 3 special edition and be available everywhere. Guess rockstar lost a lot of money on that one and really only produced enough to cover preorders this time.
Most likely....

I guess we will have to hold out for the superior PC/PS4 version of the special edition :D

Most likely....

I guess we will have to hold out for the superior PC/PS4 version of the special edition :D

That's what's holding me back from getting the vanilla version. I plan on eventually getting a PS4 and would prefer to own the superior version not the inferior.

Though if the SE was in stock I'd be more tempted.

Two like new special edition copies are on amazon xbox version. DLC is used which is kind of a deal breaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what's holding me back from getting the vanilla version. I plan on eventually getting a PS4 and would prefer to own the superior version not the inferior.

Though if the SE was in stock I'd be more tempted.

Two like new special edition copies are on amazon xbox version. DLC is used which is kind of a deal breaker.
Yeah this is how I feel. I would get it for the SE (since the game feels incomplete without it), but at the same time if I cant get it, then the eventual next gen / PC versions should satisfy my needs :)

Yeah this is how I feel. I would get it for the SE (since the game feels incomplete without it), but at the same time if I cant get it, then the eventual next gen / PC versions should satisfy my needs :)
Don't give up hope yet, watch amazon.com very closely. They haven't restocked either version yet, I've never not seen that happen. There's got to be cancellations and credit card failures. How much they have and how long it will last is question.

Id say for the $20 its worth it just for the steelbook and dlc. Otherwise id say why not wait it out?

Next gen is gonna be nowhere near launch titles

Amazon has both the PS3 and 360 versions in stock. 999+ of each. Lulz.

The quantity checker isn't right. It will probably sell out again with 24- 48 hours. The fact the game is selling so much means there are a lot of people willing to spend the extra $20.

successfully price matched walmarts error at Target, had to go to two of them first one was out and the last one I was willing to go to had one left

Amazon has both the PS3 and 360 versions in stock. 999+ of each. Lulz.

I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again.

Any time Amazon restricts an item to ONE PER ACCOUNT you cannot use the inventory trick (i.e. add 999 to your cart) to check and see how many are available. It does NOT work and it is NOT reliable.

It showed 999+ the other day and minutes later sold out. That trick only works when you can buy multiples at once.

It only restricted me on the PS3 version after attempting, and I only grabbed one anyways. The 360 version isn't restricted to one (or wasn't when I was looking).

Is anyone out in the Chicago Burbs around Bloomingdale looking for the Xbox version?  I am probably returning my copy to BestBuy when I get it next week.  Scheduled for Tuesday delivery.  My Amazon copy arrived tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back