Best Buy has 453 copies of Dragon Quest V in their main warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']OP is probably just a kid overblowing the rarity of this game.

I mean...he did think the time zone difference was one and a half hours...[/QUOTE]

You can't be a child and work in retail. I'm 22, FYI.

As for the rarity of this game-

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942423-dragon-quest-v-hand-of-the-heavenly-bride/54577661

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942423-dragon-quest-v-hand-of-the-heavenly-bride/54965159

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942423-dragon-quest-v-hand-of-the-heavenly-bride/52499282

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/55556316

[quote name='Bervda']How is it not new, simply because it's gutted?[/QUOTE]

I am assuming you work for GameStop, so your mentality is not the same as a collector. As soon as anyone's fingertips touches the cartridge inside of a case, it is used.

[quote name='Bervda']How is it not new, simply because it's gutted?[/QUOTE]

that's correct. Most people who are paying $40-$50 want a brand new sealed copy, not a grubby one with potentially a game save on it.

[quote name='super_dawn']I agree with u guys.. yea and it looks as most are selling $40-$50 range. That's why I didn't buy it yesterday at TRU...they had quite a few copies. I don't think I'd get much of a flip with shipping it out since it was priced at $39.99. Maybe if they had one of those b1g1 50% off deals going on......And I've seen this game a few times elsewhere...but I live in a fairly large city.[/QUOTE]

Well you may as well go back to that TRU tomorrow and buy it. It will ring up as clearance at $28.98 and you will get 25% off making it $21.73 with tax. I should know I just bought it today. All TRU stores have the same clearance as far as I know so if yours still says $39.99 then they prob just missed it when they were creating clearance tags. This game is hard to find but it's not that bad. I've seen plenty of new copies at various Kmarts albeit at retail price.

I found a sealed Sith Edition for PS3 at Kmart about 3-4 weeks ago on clearance at $19.xx. Now that one is hard to come by!!!! I've given up hope of finding another so I'm revealing that secret. While I'm at it I'll also divulge that Persona 3 with bonus disc for PS2 is also clearance for $19.xx at Kmart. (not FES by the way... the thick box P3) I've scored two of those. I'll see how long it takes to make that into the Kmart clearance thread. Unless it has and I just missed it lol.

[quote name='Nintendonly']You can't be a child and work in retail. I'm 22, FYI.[/QUOTE]

blakckid.gif

Picked up the last and only copy of V at my local Kmart. It was hidden behind some PETZ and Pokemon games. Luckily the employee there was working on fixing the fallen games and I happen to be there.

[quote name='Waru']Picked up the last and only copy of V at my local Kmart. It was hidden behind some PETZ and Pokemon games. Luckily the employee there was working on fixing the fallen games and I happen to be there.[/QUOTE]

There is only one Kmart left where I live as the rest have been wiped out by the Walmart flood... I may have to give them a go.

[quote name='Nintendonly']There is only one Kmart left where I live as the rest have been wiped out by the Walmart flood... I may have to give them a go.[/QUOTE]

Probably because I've called so many of them asking for this game, they finally realised that they have to do some updating.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I am assuming you work for GameStop, so your mentality is not the same as a collector. As soon as anyone's fingertips touches the cartridge inside of a case, it is used.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's still new. It's just been opened.

What you are getting so upset over is whether or not it's still 'sealed', not new or used.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Nope, it's still new. It's just been opened.

What you are getting so upset over is whether or not it's still 'sealed', not new or used.[/QUOTE]

So by your logic, an unsealed condom that's never been used but has been touched is still new?

New = New. I sometimes can accept Gametop's "newsed" but it's still not new.

It seems to me that this game is only moderately difficult for people to find, and postulating a potential warehouse full of the game doesn't do us any good until we actually find out how to get at them... I really don't think this should be in the deals thread.

Plus, I think we all know what Best Buy REALLY did with the games: [URL="http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/arkwarehouse.jpg[/URL]

What you are getting so upset over is whether or not it's still 'sealed', not new or used.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, all gutted copies are for employee use and still sold as new. Go work for GameStop, then come back to me.

[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't eat a hamburger from a fast food joint that was unwrapped and touched with bare hands.

[quote name='eastshore4']Postulating a potential warehouse full of the game doesn't do us any good until we actually find out how to get at them...[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's the purpose of this thread? Somebody here must work for BB and know some work-arounds.

Somebody here must work for BB and know some work-arounds.
The deals section isn't a brain trust, you're supposed to post deals, not potential deals.

[quote name='eastshore4']It seems to me that this game is only moderately difficult for people to find, and postulating a potential warehouse full of the game doesn't do us any good until we actually find out how to get at them... I really don't think this should be in the deals thread.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this is CAG. Most of them probably only want to resell it.

Serious business, indeed!

[quote name='eastshore4']The deals section isn't a brain trust, you're supposed to post deals, not potential deals.[/QUOTE]

Then PM a mod to have this moved. Is that so hard?

[quote name='confoosious']So by your logic, an unsealed condom that's never been used but has been touched is still new?

New = New. I sometimes can accept Gametop's "newsed" but it's still not new.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Proof is in the fact that if pretty much anyone bought a game on ebay as new and it came opened or resealed they'd throw a fit (and rightfully so). When talking about video games open = used. Once the Earth's poisonous atmosphere hits that bitch and it starts oxidizing and whatnot it's all over haha. This isn't like at a car dealership where 80 ppl can test drive and you can still call it new.

This game is rare? I see new copies nearly everywhere I go. Matter of fact the local K-mart had a ton of copies when I went to pick up DQIX.

[quote name='confoosious']So by your logic, an unsealed condom that's never been used but has been touched is still new?

New = New. I sometimes can accept Gametop's "newsed" but it's still not new.[/QUOTE]
Just random FYI:

In the 30's or whenever, people used to reuse their condoms.

[quote name='eastshore4']So... you eat your DS games?[/QUOTE]

Hey now.

Logic can still be logic, even if you have to reach a million miles to find it. ;)

[quote name='eastshore4']So... you eat your DS games?[/QUOTE]
So... someone in this thread eats their condoms! :bouncy:

[quote name='rayne117']So... someone in this thread eats their condoms! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Coming from confoosius.. I imagine that's the least of what he consumes on a daily basis..

Lead paint chips, play-do, Elmer's glue...

[quote name='smcmanus1980']I concur. Proof is in the fact that if pretty much anyone bought a game on ebay as new and it came opened or resealed they'd throw a fit (and rightfully so). When talking about video games open = used. Once the Earth's poisonous atmosphere hits that bitch and it starts oxidizing and whatnot it's all over haha. This isn't like at a car dealership where 80 ppl can test drive and you can still call it new.[/QUOTE]
Technically, though, doesn't the earth's poisonous atmosphere hit that bitch before being sealed? We should go on a field trip to see how video games are manufactured.

[quote name='rayne117']So... someone in this thread eats their condoms! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That must be what the other guy was talking about when he said they reused them in the thirties.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Coming from confoosius.. I imagine that's the least of what he consumes on a daily basis..

/cough cough[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Come on man, I know I made you look stupid in another thread but there's no need to constantly attack me. It's sad.

[quote name='Nintendonly']"Rare game", "Gamestop", and "New" don't work. Ever. And CAG regs know that. [/QUOTE]

stop acting like you know everything, seriously its annoying. just to prove you wrong, my buddy and i were at a gamestop last week and he actually bought this game NEW- FACTORY SEALED. apparently, your the one that is wrong. i know everyone likes to assume gamestop is the devil and yes i dont agree with some of the things they do, but no they do not gut every single copy, just one or 2 so they can display a case. at least all the stores by me only do two at the most.

[quote name='sadboy']Technically, though, doesn't the earth's poisonous atmosphere hit that bitch before being sealed? We should go on a field trip to see how video games are manufactured.[/QUOTE]

:) I know I def thought about that before I posted but I decided to go for it anyway. I like you're idea though. That would be an awesome idea as a prize trip for a CAG contest.

what is all this about? will no more copies of the game get made and shipped to retailers? this just came out on Sunday right?? why would a DS game for $70+ on eBay? Did society finally collapse?!?

edit: fine, i was way off base, just did a little research and clicked some link things, but still!!

A few users have alread favorited/tagged this thread and have found it useful in the future... if you don't feel the same, your unnecessary flaming is highly unneeded.

[quote name='illini1010']stop acting like you know everything, seriously its annoying. just to prove you wrong, my buddy and i were at a gamestop last week and he actually bought this game NEW- FACTORY SEALED. apparently, your the one that is wrong. i know everyone likes to assume gamestop is the devil and yes i dont agree with some of the things they do, but no they do not gut every single copy, just one or 2 so they can display a case. at least all the stores by me only do two at the most.[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending the OP (mainly because i have no idea why this is a deal thread) but i have never stumbled upon a rare sealed game at GS. Once in a while you'll get a non gutted copy of a release but that's like RDR or Batman or whatever AAA huge selling title. And I'm not even a GS basher -- they serve their purpose.

[quote name='token2k6']what is all this about? will no more copies of the game get made and shipped to retailers? this just came out on Sunday right?? why would a DS game for $70+ on eBay? Did society finally collapse?!?[/QUOTE]

V not IX.

[quote name='token2k6']what is all this about? will no more copies of the game get made and shipped to retailers? this just came out on Sunday right?? why would a DS game for $70+ on eBay? Did society finally collapse?!?

edit: fine, i was way off base, just did a little research and clicked some link things, but still!![/QUOTE]

Do a little research, will ya? DQV got released on February 17, 2009 and has been OOP since it was released due to S-E's "rarity policy". The same holds true for DQIX, which was just released, although since Nintendo of America published it, they may be a little bit more forgiving and might make another batch. Although NOA's $34.99 pricetag for IX was easier to swallow than S-E's $39.99 for V.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Coming from confoosius.. I imagine that's the least of what he consumes on a daily basis..

Lead paint chips, play-do, Elmer's glue...[/QUOTE]

LOL!! Makes sense.

[quote name='Nintendonly']That's bullshit and you know it. Gamestop guts copies and posts them as new, hence why using their store locator function on their website is highly inaccurate.[/QUOTE]

What an asshole.

I hope you grow the hell up before you post another stupid thread like this and then be a horses ass when someone responds.

Besides if someone wants a copy then they can easily go to amazon and order one for 34.99, newegg.com, lamestops website, gogamer.com or another 5 places I saw it. Toys r us and target near me have a bunch.

Just because you "claim" bestbuy has 453 (bullshit you found that out) doesnt mean you cant find it at a dozen other places. This is a deal section you dumb fuck and what your posting is no deal, its some retarded fucking shit thats wasting space. You should posted this in the ds section or something because you didnt provide any actual "deals" on the game. Just rambling about some inane shit for 5 entire pages.

[quote name='Nintendonly']A few users have alread favorited/tagged this thread and have found it useful in the future... if you don't feel the same, your unnecessary flaming is highly unneeded.[/QUOTE]

Thats because they want to make sure they check back at the hilarity that is your thread and your idotic attitude you have. Trust me, no one is using this thread for infmations sake, they are using it to laugh at you because your really damned annoying, yet funny at the same time.

[quote name='Nintendonly']A few users have alread favorited/tagged this thread and have found it useful in the future... if you don't feel the same, your unnecessary flaming is highly unneeded.[/QUOTE]

The only useful part of this thread is the sku. However, if people are reporting that DQV was in the easter bins, than the sku is useless.

This would be a decent deal since the game is semi rare. It will only get more and more rare as time goes by.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not defending the OP (mainly because i have no idea why this is a deal thread) but i have never stumbled upon a rare sealed game at GS. Once in a while you'll get a non gutted copy of a release but that's like RDR or Batman or whatever AAA huge selling title. And I'm not even a GS basher -- they serve their purpose.
.[/QUOTE]

I think his gripe was more with the fact that many retorts the OP in this thread have been overly defensive, hostile, and assertive about things that are clearly wrong.

[quote name='smcmanus1980']Well you may as well go back to that TRU tomorrow and buy it. It will ring up as clearance at $28.98 and you will get 25% off making it $21.73 with tax. I should know I just bought it today. All TRU stores have the same clearance as far as I know so if yours still says $39.99 then they prob just missed it when they were creating clearance tags. This game is hard to find but it's not that bad. I've seen plenty of new copies at various Kmarts albeit at retail price.[/QUOTE]

Hm possibly. I remember looking specifically to see if it was marked with one of the 25% off red tags, but it was not. ...maybe I'll go back to see, that could be worth it. thx.

[quote name='gargus']What an asshole.

I hope you grow the hell up before you post another stupid thread like this and then be a horses ass when someone responds.

Besides if someone wants a copy then they can easily go to amazon and order one for 34.99, newegg.com, lamestops website, gogamer.com or another 5 places I saw it. Toys r us and target near me have a bunch.

Just because you "claim" bestbuy has 453 (bullshit you found that out) doesnt mean you cant find it at a dozen other places. This is a deal section you dumb fuck and what your posting is no deal, its some retarded fucking shit thats wasting space.[/QUOTE]

Whiney because you had a bad day at work? Didn't meet your quota of preorders? Give me a fucking break. This is for people who are interested in this thread, not for piece of shit trolls like you to bitch at us for having differing opinions.

[quote name='gargus']Thats because they want to make sure they check back at the hilarity that is your thread and your idotic attitude you have. Trust me, no one is using this thread for infmations sake, they are using it to laugh at you because your really damned annoying, yet funny at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Apparently not-

[quote name='prometheus_5']I want to get my hands on a copy. Subscribed to the thread. If anyone can find a copy and wants to help out a fellow CAG, I'd be very appreciative.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Wow, someone had a bad day at preschool.[/QUOTE]

Juvenile insults from an adolescent. Typical of CAG.

No, it is new. It's just missing shrink wrap that you're going to remove yourself in order to play the game. I understand the fear that someone from Gamestop has checked it out and played it, but I also understand how much certain gaming retail "experts" on the internet have blown that out of proportion.

I don't understand the desire to buy games as a collector and just let them sit in the wrapping on a self. If that's the reason for so direly needing the plastic, I guess it's your money to burn to get the guaranteed new copy from a dealer.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Juvenile insults from an adolescent. Typical of CAG.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so making an appropriate quip is juvenile, while throwing an online temper tantrum is not?

[quote name='super_dawn']Hm possibly. I remember looking specifically to see if it was marked with one of the 25% off red tags, but it was not. ...maybe I'll go back to see, that could be worth it. thx.[/QUOTE]

NP. You've helped me in the past too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back