Best Buy has 453 copies of Dragon Quest V in their main warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just not healthy, little fellow.

Obviously you missed your nap today, but staying up this late, too?

I can't imagine what you're going to be like tomorrow!

If you've got a problem with CAG, why don't you go somewhere else d-bag?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Juvenile insults from an adolescent. Typical of CAG.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you've got a problem with CAG, why don't you go somewhere else d-bag?[/QUOTE]
Maybe he has a problem with the users on CAG?

[quote name='Bervda']No, it is new. It's just missing shrink wrap that you're going to remove yourself in order to play the game. I understand the fear that someone from Gamestop has checked it out and played it, but I also understand how much certain gaming retail "experts" internet has blown that out of proportion.

I don't understand the desire to buy games as a collector and just let them sit in the wrapping on a self. If that's the reason for so direly needing the plastic, I guess it's your money to burn to get the guaranteed new copy from a dealer.[/QUOTE]

1. Brand new and factory sealed price- $39.99
2. New and opened price- $39.99
3. Used price- $29.99

1 & 2 should not be the same price. 2 is a store display claimed as being 100% new. You may as well consider all of those "unused" DVD/Blu-ray players on Walmart/Best Buy display shelves as new. Funny how Walmart and Best Buy never charge their customers the full price.

[quote name='Bervda']No, it is new. It's just missing shrink wrap that you're going to remove yourself in order to play the game. I understand the fear that someone from Gamestop has checked it out and played it, but I also understand how much certain gaming retail "experts" internet has blown that out of proportion.

I don't understand the desire to buy games as a collector and just let them sit in the wrapping on a self. If that's the reason for so direly needing the plastic, I guess it's your money to burn to get the guaranteed new copy from a dealer.[/QUOTE]

So if you asked for a new condom and someone handed you an opened one but said it was new, you'd be ok with that?

After all, you don't buy condoms to sit on a shelf. You buy them to use.

---------

As a consumer, you can buy used, you can buy new, you can buy gutted. It doesn't matter to me. It's your money. But you can't open something, touch it, and call it new. The default definition of new for games is factory sealed. If that were not the case, then ebay/amazon would allow you to sell opened items as new and never mention it in the description. If you tried to do that, you'd quickly get a lot of negatives in your feedback.

[quote name='token2k6']as long as no holes were poked in it, and the open condom saved me some money AND I got a discount, I'd be fine with that![/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure no GIRL would go for that.

[quote name='Bervda']No, it is new. It's just missing shrink wrap that you're going to remove yourself in order to play the game. I understand the fear that someone from Gamestop has checked it out and played it, but I also understand how much certain gaming retail "experts" on the internet have blown that out of proportion.

New == unused; unused =/= new

[quote name='Bervda']No, it is new. It's just missing shrink wrap that you're going to remove yourself in order to play the game. I understand the fear that someone from Gamestop has checked it out and played it, but I also understand how much certain gaming retail "experts" on the internet have blown that out of proportion.

Same reason people buy collectible plates and don't eat off them. Trying to understand the logic of why people do things that you don't is a waste of time unless it's psychology and ur getting paid.

I'm amazed no one has tried to sue gamestop for selling an open item as new. Also, this thread will be locked pretty soon.

Wait ... how do I get the collectible plate with the game? Do I have to buy in store or can I order it online and still get the collectible plate?

[quote name='Nintendonly']"Rare game", "Gamestop", and "New" don't work. Ever. And CAG regs know that.

Hence my first sentence of this entire thread.

As for sealed, the minimum price currently available on eBay is $56.99.[/QUOTE]
I disagree with you. "Rare" "New" and "Gamestop" happened to me today. I found copies of a very rare Limited edition psp game that absolutely no one is selling new on either Amazon or Ebay. So it does happen. Found factory sealed ltd ed. PS3 games, PS2 games as well. Oh, and here is the kicker...they kept alot of their Original Xbox games sealed, still to this day. Racked up big time on some really rare titles under the B1G2 deal. I'm talking factory sealed copies, no rewraps. Pristine.

Now those DQV's can not be found in the system, because they have been relabeled as the $14.99 budget titles, so they will have a sticker over the original barcode. I stumbled upon a couple of these at 2 different Best Buy locations. And the employee at BB could not find these in the system at any store, when I asked him to look it up for me in the system. Next thing you know, I walk in to another BB a week later and BAM there's one sitting on the shelf. And this was recently.

[quote name='etcrane']Wait ... how do I get the collectible plate with the game? Do I have to buy in store or can I order it online and still get the collectible plate?[/QUOTE]

You have to pre-order.

But beware, each store is only getting two collectable plates. One of which the manager will claim for himself.

[quote name='ricoraney']I disagree with you. "Rare" "New" and "Gamestop" happened to me today. I found copies of a very rare Limited edition psp game that absolutely no one is selling new on either Amazon or Ebay. [/QUOTE]

What is said "rare" game. Just because its not on ebay/amazon doesn't mean anything.

[quote name='ricoraney']I disagree with you. "Rare" "New" and "Gamestop" happened to me today. I found copies of a very rare Limited edition psp game that absolutely no one is selling new on either Amazon or Ebay.
[/QUOTE]

What game was it? Peace Walker Limited Edition doesn't count. It's a gamestop exclusive.

Shit man lets call everything open but in mint condition new. We'll buy all our games and be really careful with them - then return them to the store and get full refunds... Hmm wow this reminds me of a rental business except the store wouldn't make any money! Then the publishers and developers would stop making games and there'd be nothing on here to bitch about.

This argument is so stupid. Anyone who thinks that selling an open product as new is acceptable is retarded. Gamestop does it and no one can stop them. It's your fault if you buy it and support that practice, but to fail to see why it matters is f*cking moronic.

[quote name='confoosious']What game was it? Peace Walker Limited Edition doesn't count. It's a gamestop exclusive.[/QUOTE]
Death Jr. Limited Edition?

Great thread...I have seen a few copies of this game around. Not sure it is all that rare.

Why pay more for a "new" copy that is opened if another copy considered "used" is cheaper? Makes no sense to me...

[quote name='ncjason77']eh.... if anyone lives in Heath, Ohio, the BB that I work at has like 10 of them just sittin there waitin for a home as of yesterday[/QUOTE]

Duly noted. Will locate zip code now. Which UPC code are they using?

[quote name='Nintendonly']Duly noted. Will locate zip code now. Which UPC code are they using?[/QUOTE]

zip code is 43056
I never looked at the UPC
upc is 045496740993

[quote name='ncjason77']zip code is 43056
I never looked at the UPC
upc is 045496740993[/QUOTE]

LOL, dude, you have the wrong game. IX =/= V. So those 10 copies sitting on the shelf are of a game I don't give a shit about (and is probably why people are so defensive about this thread).

People need to learn their Roman numerals.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Oh yeah, and you guys can try to order DQV on Square-Enix's online shop (it is $39.99), but it is currently OOS. I've been told that if enough people attempt to buy it, S-E will print some more. But who knows what they are looking for to be a convincing-enough number to print another batch.[/QUOTE]

Shows in stock for me. Maybe they reprinted some more already for IX's release.

[quote name='seanr1221']Well..there's two right near a couple of my client's houses and 4 in Philly.

I'm sure I could find one sealed.[/QUOTE]

I live in Philly too. There are 4 gamestops here and I know at least 2 have them new.

What the heck happened to this thread?! I go to get my drink on and come back and its way off topic. Here is the deal......DQV is selling for a premium on eBay. I cannot get it locally new or used (closest GS used copy is > 100 miles away). It is "rare" for me unless I want to buy it online (price established previously, fair or not). The OP states that there is some phantom deal in a warehouse somewhere and everyone gets all lathered up. If a CAG can get this game for less than $30 and wants to play it, go for it. If a CAG wants to get said game and flip it, apparently now is the time due to the latest release. See you on eBay!

[quote name='Nintendonly']LOL, dude, you have the wrong game. IX =/= V. So those 10 copies sitting on the shelf are of a game I don't give a shit about (and is probably why people are so defensive about this thread).

People need to learn their Roman numerals.[/QUOTE]

shit, I didn't even pay attention to the numerals, I just saw Dragon Quest and assumed the thread was about the new one.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']What the heck happened to this thread?! I go to get my drink on and come back and its way off topic. Here is the deal......DQV is selling for a premium on eBay. I cannot get it locally new or used (closest GS used copy is > 100 miles away). It is "rare" for me unless I want to buy it online (price established previously, fair or not). The OP states that there is some phantom deal in a warehouse somewhere and everyone gets all lathered up. If a CAG can get this game for less than $30 and wants to play it, go for it. If a CAG wants to get said game and flip it, apparently now is the time due to the latest release. See you on eBay![/QUOTE]

Where did the OP get 70 to 80 on ebay?. I am looking right now and the past 10 or 15 have gone for $40 to $50. After ebay fees, it is not worth a flip in the least.

I'd be really shocked if this thing didn't get a reprint at some point. I guess that's how Square Enix rolls nowadays; print a zillion copies of a craptacular steamer like N3 but not of enough copies of a flagship RPG franchise to meet demand. That said though, I've seen this around various places in Alabama on a few occasions.

Now in a semi-related point, I'm willing that there's a Kmart warehouse/distribution center with quantities of old Atari/NES/Saturn/insert-classic-system-here sitting around on a pallet. Anyone have a lead on that??!? :)

[quote name='Purkeynator']Where did the OP get 70 to 80 on ebay?. I am looking right now and the past 10 or 15 have gone for $40 to $50. After ebay fees, it is not worth a flip in the least.[/QUOTE]
I have copies I bought from BB Easter Bins @ $15 so anything above retail sounds good to me. The higher priced sales usually go to international buyers. I have been watching the prices and $50+ is what I have seen.

[quote name='Capocci 007']I live in Philly too. There are 4 gamestops here and I know at least 2 have them new.[/QUOTE]

considering theres a gamestop in every other damn strip mall and prob 20000 of them in the us, im sure there is very small # of them that have a sealed copy or 3 that was misplaced and then found and now for sale, but the point is that this is probably well less than 1% of the stores nationwide making it indeed a rare find at gamestop at least. i can see how some people think its impossible and others say its not. i cant see the point of getting so passionate about it.

the debate about selling open copies as new is a different story to me however

[quote name='Purkeynator']Where did the OP get 70 to 80 on ebay?. I am looking right now and the past 10 or 15 have gone for $40 to $50. After ebay fees, it is not worth a flip in the least.[/QUOTE]

i sold (auctioned) a used copy that went for $48 + $3.99 shipping to a US buyer on ebay mon night for what that's worth

[quote name='keithp']Shows in stock for me. Maybe they reprinted some more already for IX's release.[/QUOTE]
This was print screened two hours ago:

wtd9ud.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back