Best Buy has my money and my game.....WTF?

maguszxz

CAGiversary!
I hit up the Black Friday online deals and got a copy of Cooking Mama for the DS (Don't laugh because I like quirky titles like Katamari). Anyway, I put the order in, ate some turkey, came back and it's backordered. Of course, BB promptly charged me all ready but I have to wait for like a few weeks before I can get my hands on it. I kinda pissed about it even tho I could just wait. I need to know, should I just cancel my order and get it from Walmart or just wait patient for it to arrive. Also, i'm hunting for a Wii. Thanks

If you got a better deal on it from Best Buy, buy it at Wal-Mart, play it now, and when the Best Buy copy comes in take it back to Wal-Mart with the Wal-Mart recipt and get a refund.

It is a fun game, and way better the Wii version (IMO).

Are you positive your CC has actually been charged?

You sound to be more bothered by the fact that you have to wait than the fact that they have charged you (which I don't believe). Be patient.

Best Buy doesn't charge you credit card... they prepend the charge, which only certain high volume retailers can do AFAIK. That means that whatever your final amount of your order is gets reserved for Best Buy and you can't use it. When they send out, then the credit card company sends them the money.

They can't officially claim the money until the item is in the mail. This helps them avoid arguments with credit card companies in case you hit your limit and they can't get their money.

Well, I used my debit card for the purchase. I checked my bank acct and there is a pending charge for it. I'm just really irked about this.

Just because something is pending doesn't mean it will go through. The account activity posted online isn't set in stone, so wait and see.

Ok, I got an email from Best Buy and they are sending me my game. I just wanted to post an update. Thanks to all the CAGs that keep me calm.

Well of course they are. It was simply backordered. Did you really think they were going to keep your money and not ship you a game?

[quote name='cerial442']If you got a better deal on it from Best Buy, buy it at Wal-Mart, play it now, and when the Best Buy copy comes in take it back to Wal-Mart with the Wal-Mart recipt and get a refund.

It is a fun game, and way better the Wii version (IMO).[/QUOTE]

hello fraud. also a worker at best buy told me over the weekend this will be the last year for this at Best buy. Starting sometime in 2008 best buy will be putting codes on ALL OF THEIR ITEMS so people dont bring back items from other stores for refunds.

i just had a PSP go out on me and they had to call an 800 line to request a AE code (or some sort of code) even though i had my recept and the 2 year warrenty plan

ALSO best buy no longer issues gift cards for returns systems the WARRENTY IS now a REPLACE ONLY

no big deal here since i wanted another system but for those hoping to use older systems as a cheap way to upgrade you can no longer do it

bread's done
Back