Best Buy has the Xbox One Kinect Sensor on sale for $100

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-kinect-sensor-black/8462033.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0&id=1219336313412

Fun for the whole family

5FEDv.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea how long this will last?

And will Microsoft store pricematch? I have $75 worth of credit there after the app deal last weekend.

Do we think we will ever see a Kinect price cut?  I am surprised we haven't since it was $100 with the system originally..  I am in the rather use my Microsoft gift card $ crowd.

Any games taking advantage of this device?
Not a whole lot. At launch a few games tried to integrate kinect experiences (i.e. in Tomb Raider you could turn your body to look across scenic areas or use your hands to turn artifacts, in Alien: Isolation the alien can hear you, Zoo Tycoon has a kinect imams segment, etc.). Most of the features are small & have become less prominent since launch other than simple voice commands.

The most obvious games/programs are dancing (dance central, just dance), exercising (shape up, various fitness programs), & kinect sports. These are solid but nothing new; you'll probably already know whether they interest you.

IMO the best kinect game is Fantasia: Music Evolved. It's a musical rhythm game that uses hand gestures (like a director). Again, solid & fun but not earth shattering. There's also a few indie/cell phone games that work well like Fruit Ninja.

Is it worth $100? For me, yes, because I wanted exercising games & my wife likes Dance Central. However, I can see how others take a pass. The voice commands for navigating/controlling the TV were a welcome surprise though.

Ridiculous that this thing was $150 to begin with. You remove it from the Xbox One and cut $50 off but charge $150 for it separately? Absurd. I'll buy it when it's $50 like it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back