Best Buy Holiday dump bins are back! $14.99 DS RPG's

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!
I was @ BB the other day & it looks like the holiday dump bins are back. Mostly shovelware, however 2 goodies I did find are Valkyrie Profile & Avalon Code for DS for $14.99 each, which is cheaper than Amazon right now by a good $5 or so.

YMMV, but others may find some goodies that I didn't see.

Picked up Valkyrie Profile for $15 from one of their dump bins several months ago, but I'd still be willing to drop in and see if there's anything I've yet to spot.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Picked up Valkyrie Profile for $15 from one of their dump bins several months ago, but I'd still be willing to drop in and see if there's anything I've yet to spot.[/QUOTE]

How is it? I haven't played it yet.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I also recall someone saying last year some BB's had Dragon Quest also.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest IV for the DS is in the dump bins for $14.99 at Best Buy. Not bad for arguably the best RPG (and most valuable) on the NES.

[quote name='karkyco']Dragon Quest IV for the DS is in the dump bins for $14.99 at Best Buy. Not bad for arguably the best RPG (and most valuable) on the NES.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's somewhat hard to find new in retail stores. I might scrounge around other Kmarts in my area to see if they have a copy or two & use some coupons on it. My closest Kmart does have 2 or 3 copies of Chapters of the Chosen along w/ (I kid you not) close to 10 copies of DQM Jokers. :cold::lol:

*On second thought, I just noticed Amazon has Chapters of the Chosen for $19.99...about half the price of Kmart.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Dawn of the New World was in there last year.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it was, & I didn't buy it. :bomb:

Ah well, Amazon has it now for about $20.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Indeed it was, & I didn't buy it. :bomb:

Ah well, Amazon has it now for about $20.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I ended up scoring it for around 13 shipped from a dude on here last year. =]

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I also recall someone saying last year some BB's had Dragon Quest also.[/QUOTE]

Yep, grabbed 2 copies of Dragon Quest V for $24 total.

[quote name='karkyco']Dragon Quest IV for the DS is in the dump bins for $14.99 at Best Buy. Not bad for arguably the best RPG ever[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Vp is great
Nice and short so the three playthrougha to get to the seraphic gate are not tedious
Highly recommended for fans of the series or srpgs

Pawed through the bin at BB when I went to get Toy Story 3. The only thing I considered getting was Saint for the Wii for $10. I've heard it's easy but $5 is really my purchase price on it.

I'm excited but I would wait at least long enough to see if these games are cheaper in the black friday ad. Sounds like B2G1, B1G1, $5 off etc. fodder to me.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']How is it? I haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Terrible. It tries to marry together the combat system of the main VP games with strategy gameplay and it fails miserably. For $14.99 though, I guess you won't kick yourself too hard when it turns out to be crap. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! I love the dump bins! Past finds: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Disgaea PSP, Disgaea 2 PSP, and Disgaea DS. :)

I'll have to check out the bins at BB. I kind of ignored them last year. I wouldn't mind a sealed copy of Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days.

I went to two best buy's (Shelbyville RD, Louisville, KY and Clarksville, IN) yesterday looking for DQIV for my son (he wants it for Christmas after playing IX). Struck out at both.

[quote name='DaButtonMasher']Thanks for the heads up! I love the dump bins! Past finds: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Disgaea PSP, Disgaea 2 PSP, and Disgaea DS. :)[/QUOTE]

Wish my local BB had ToS. I've been trying to get that game at a low price for a LONG time.

I only took a quick look when i picked up Toy story 3 and only found a handful of Puzzle quest: galactrix. I guess i will take a closer look next time i am in the area.

Yes, I got a few copies of DQ V for $14.99 a pop back when they had the Easter dump bins. I'll have to check for DQ IV now. Thanks OP!:D

[quote name='shiningslade']Yes, I got a few copies of DQ V for $14.99 a pop back when they had the Easter dump bins. I'll have to check for DQ IV now. Thanks OP!:D[/QUOTE]

Damn I wish I knew about it then. LOL

They should call the one at my store Trash bin.

About 20 copies of Saint (wii) for 14.99

Across the street they are at Target Clearance for 7.00

DQ5 in the bin? Not likely...

I really don't appreciate threads like this where ONE GUY thinks he saw an awesome game that everyone wants for

darn you all
wish i had a BB near me
Just picked up Dragon Quest V for $40 with a GC they gave me after i ran into a rude guy working there. So it and couldnt say no. Last one left.

Its still sealed on my shelf.
may return it if they have a sale of some sort.

[quote name='adriley313']darn you all
wish i had a BB near me
Just picked up Dragon Quest V for $40 with a GC they gave me after i ran into a rude guy working there. So it and couldnt say no. Last one left.

Its still sealed on my shelf.
may return it if they have a sale of some sort.[/QUOTE]

I would say keeping the DQV for $40 is probably a very good idea; like another poster said, I have also tried hitting numerous BB in searching for the ephemeral DQV in BB, and of the 20 BBs (I kid you not, literally 20) the best answer I got was "the computer shows me that we have 137 copies in the main warehouse, but no store in the state has it" I'd hate for many of us to waste more than $40 in gas in finding a game that has a low possibility of existing in the store.

[quote name='Ionotropic']It was all crapware at my local BB. No gems.[/QUOTE]
At least your BB had a dump bin.

I managed to find Valkyrie Profile (which has gotten mixed reviews, but not having played any of the other games in the series, I may not be as bothered by changes from the main system) and Dawn of Discovery at one of my local ones (Tysons Corner). Nothing else particularly notable.

There may have been something else buried beneath the trash, but I was only willing to look for so long. I feel like it's both good and bad that the bins are the way they are. On the one hand, it's a pain to go through them...but on the other, there's the chance that if they were less disorganized, someone would have gotten all the good things before I got to them.

bread's done
Back