Best Buy - HORRIBLE SHIPPING

DS9

CAGiversary!
I am so done buying stuff with them unless I KNOW for a fact will come it in a box.

I finally got the last 3 orders from Best Buy. They now use plastic heat shrink wrapping to mail movies / games out. Each movie came in its own heat shrunk mailer.

Also if you place a order of a few items in ONE order, I can tell you (example 4 items) you will get 4 separate packages! Another thing that pees me off.

I can't believe that is what they ship stuff with no. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Persona Q in a box, prefect condition.  Later brought Kingdom Hearts 2.5 LE with 2 other games, all in a box, perfect condition.  Cannot say the same about amazon as my Kingdom Hearts was badly damaged

I've received many shipments from Best Buy in bubble/poly mailers and very few in the plastic mailers. I've even received steelbooks in mailers from them and I've never seen one damaged.

Companies look at the risk/benefit of shipping. They don't receive enough complaints of damage to merit the cost for boxes.

Were any of your items damaged, or are you just upset they weren't hand-delivered in the Ark of the Covenant?

I got my Wii Fit Trainer amiibo in a bubble mailer. It arrived with minimal damage. My Smash Bros Wii U bundle shipped in a HUGE box... with no padding. It arrived in a pretty dinged up box but I was able to swap it at a local BB when I called/asked. I had two Persona Q CEs ship from them, one in a box (perfect shape) and one in a bubble mailer (damaged). 

Seems like BBY is very hit/miss, but better than Amazon though, who seems to love shipping everything in a bubble mailer. 

I ordered the Persona Q Wild Cards edition from both Amazon and Best Buy. I didn't trust the former since they tended to ship all my CE/first press 3DS games in bubble mailers, but I got a surprise when the Amazon-ordered PQ arrived in a box. Best Buy's did, too, but it was in better condition (no dents on the box), so I sent the Amazon copy back.

This was my first mail order from Best Buy and I'm pretty pleased, but it is worrying that they seem to be hit or miss, going from what I'm reading here. I just want to not have to rely on Amazon all the damn time, mainly because their packing jobs have gone downhill over the years.

I never really purchased anything on Best Buy, but I did purchase a used 360 on Cowboom which is a part of Best Buy, so I hope that ships fine. 

bread's done
Back