Best Buy is the best Black Friday retailer by far!

Rollinstone12

CAGiversary!
I'm loving Best Buy, plenty of copies of all the games advertised for sale. I grabbed five copies of Batman AC, two copies of Assassin's Creed Revelations, two copies of Uncharted 3, two copies of Kinect Sports 2, Rage, Dead Island, Madden 12, and two copies of Land of the Dead Blu Ray for $5 to top it off. Hoping to sell some of the duplicates to cover the cost of the games I want to keep. You go Best Buy!:applause: By the way, this was 5PM on Friday and early afternoon Saturday, so anyone that wanted anything had plenty of time to beat me to it.

Eh. Im going to assume you paid $29.99 for Arkham City, plus tax. Bringing it to around $32 or so, depending on where you live. Only probably getting around $38 or so after amazon takes fees and you ship it. Yes you can make up some money on it, but seems like a bit of work for not much profit.

$29.99 is definitely a good price, but buying all those copies for limited profit and having to deal with potential problems on Amazon. No thanks.

Did you manage to check Walmart at all? They had a bundle for $28 with both Batman games. Highly doubt they would have had any more at 5 PM though.

[quote name='schuerm26']Eh. Im going to assume you paid $29.99 for Arkham City, plus tax. Bringing it to around $32 or so, depending on where you live. Only probably getting around $38 or so after amazon takes fees and you ship it. Yes you can make up some money on it, but seems like a bit of work for not much profit.

$29.99 is definitely a good price, but buying all those copies for limited profit and having to deal with potential problems on Amazon. No thanks.

Did you manage to check Walmart at all? They had a bundle for $28 with both Batman games. Highly doubt they would have had any more at 5 PM though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Arkham City is only like $3-4 profit per unit; it'd only be a good flip if you had some credit or coupons to burn up (I did this with $10 cereal gift certificates on Kmart's Resonance of Fate deal awhile back)

I did get one of two copies at my local Walmart of the Batman double pack with the Platinum GOTY Arkham Asylum. That is the one I was keeping. Then I was gonna try to sell some of these to offset costs, but looks like that won't be much of a good idea unless around mid December people are massively looking for these games. Oh and btw, they stell had plenty of games there, especially PS3. It was like gaming nirvana in there. :drool:

I will say that Best Buy through themselves out there a lot further than Amazon, I bought a lot more on Best Buy than Amazon so far this year.

I'd be inclined to agree, but they screwed me over with that Wii deal for Thursday. Deal was supposed to go live on Thursday, the new console was going to be on sale for $99. I stayed up until 3 am EST waiting, and nothing. Went to bed and woke myself up every hour, on the hour just to check. Sometime between 7:15-8 am the deal went live and must have sold out pretty quick. A heads up woulda been nice, I had no idea when it was going to be available and didn't want to go with no sleep whatsoever. Amazon's deals sold out pretty quick, but at least they give us notice what's going to be live at a specific time.

Yup, I have to somewhat agree. My Best Buy did have a lot of stock on advertised games. I saw a lot of copies of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, $14.99 Spider-man game, and picked up $7.99 Call of Duty: World at War. Least, those were the ones I noticed.

From Best Buy:
:360:Battlefield 3 LE $29.99
:360:Deus Ex $29.99
:360:Rage Anarchy Ed $29.99
:360:Batman AC $29.99 (free after coupon)

:360::ps3: Skyrim Strat Guide $13.50
:360:Gears of war triple pack $7.99
:ps3: Vanquish PS3 $4.99
:360: 3 month live x4 $32

Used 3x rewards coupon and 3x rewards coupons below on all of it.
6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

https://static.bestbuy.com/myrz/web...dZone_PremierSilver_TriplePoints_11.26.11.PDF

:360:Brink - $9.99
:360:Bulletstorm - $7.99

From Buy.com
Duke Nukem 10.99
Mafia 2 10.99
LA Noire 10.99

And the best part about it was getting it all on the 26th and 27th, avoiding the crowd.

Hmmm ... not sure I'd agree with this overly positive statement. Still, kudos to BB for offering some of their deals online, saving a lot of us the headache of having to walk among crazy crowds in the middle of the night.

bread's done
Back