Best Buy just sent me expired coupons!

bjkrautk

CAGiversary!
As a Reward Zone member, I (like most CAGs) sometimes receive e-mail messages when I've hit a points threshold and have a new certificate to print. Usually these come with printable coupons for stuff you probably wouldn't buy.

Well, thanks to judicious use of the Holiday Rewards offer (double-points on all purchases before 11 am), they just this morning finished processing enough of my purchases to qualify for a $10 certificate.

The coupon offers in the e-mail were what caught my eye, including the 25% off "toys" offer that has made its way through CAG in the past month. I also had a triple points coupon for some Justin Timberlake DVD, Double Points on a Sony TV....and a code for triple points on any single item (...say it with me..."In select categories.")

It wasn't until after I looked at the details to find out that video games were excluded that I realized the coupons all expired on December 24, 2007. A lot of good those will do me!

I'm not going to make it sound like the worst thing in the world (it's not like I went to Circuit City a few days after Black Friday and found out their BF offers were no longer valid or anything). I was largely curious to see if anyone else on CAG had run into the same issue.

(I did put in an e-mail to Best Buy's customer support to see if I could at least get some new coupons / offers out of them, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go.)

Just call them and they will reissue them to you I did this numerous times last week I called to have them renew the ones that expired in July that I found.

I just called them today and and they sent me $10 giftcard! Go explain the situation so they'll give you the $10 giftcard by mail.

Edit: I just got my $30 Check from InboxDollars! Now I'm a Gold Member!

pictur7am4.jpg

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Right, USPS would never be at fault....[/quote]
Read much?

[quote name='bjkrautk']As a Reward Zone member, I (like most CAGs) sometimes receive e-mail messages when I've hit a points threshold and have a new certificate to print. Usually these come with printable coupons for stuff you probably wouldn't buy.

Well, thanks to judicious use of the Holiday Rewards offer (double-points on all purchases before 11 am), they just this morning finished processing enough of my purchases to qualify for a $10 certificate.

The coupon offers in the e-mail were what caught my eye, including the 25% off "toys" offer that has made its way through CAG in the past month. I also had a triple points coupon for some Justin Timberlake DVD, Double Points on a Sony TV....and a code for triple points on any single item (...say it with me..."In select categories.")

It wasn't until after I looked at the details to find out that video games were excluded that I realized the coupons all expired on December 24, 2007. A lot of good those will do me![/quote]

I just receive the new date for the existing offers ($20 off 3 BD Titles, $5 off PC, Double Point off any accessories and Triple Point for $100 or more) yay!!!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just receive the new date for the existing offers ($20 off 3 BD Titles, $5 off PC, Double Point off any accessories and Triple Point for $100 or more) yay!!![/QUOTE]

As did I....then I received the same e-mail 6-7 more times (I deleted a few, so I can't give an exact number) between friday and today.

I'm fairly certain that the multiples had nothing to do with my customer service request....considering I just this afternoon received an non-responsive e-mail response from BB saying there was nothing they could do about the expired coupons. (Either the person writing the e-mail didn't get the memo from corporate, or they're just a non-native English speaker....which is entirely possible based on the text.)

Bad customer service aside, BB did the right thing by issuing the "make good" e-mail coupons.

[quote name='bjkrautk']As did I....then I received the same e-mail 6-7 more times (I deleted a few, so I can't give an exact number) between friday and today.[/QUOTE]
Yup I just got the same email. What a retard. Anyway, I'm still waiting to get my $10 GC from them.

bread's done
Back