Best Buy Kingdom Hearts 2 19.99 PRICE DROP

willardhaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Now it's 14.99 w/ the Gamer Gift Card children.

I don' t know if it's been posted but:

PS2 ONLY
Marvel UA is 29.99
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses is 19.99
.Hack Rehash G.U. Long Title is 29.99
Kingdom Hearts 2 is 19.99

yes, but GameStop is still charging $30 instead of standard $20 GH prices for it. First sign of a $20 price.

That means there should still be non-GH copies in stores, right? Unless they announce KH2 Final Mix for the US, I'm probably going to have to hit up a local Best Buy soon.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']That means there should still be non-GH copies in stores, right? Unless they announce KH2 Final Mix for the US, I'm probably going to have to hit up a local Best Buy soon.[/quote]
Should be, yes. They may have slapped the red sticker on the front of the shrinkwrap, though you should be able to find a non-GH copy at this point.

Good chance we would have heard by now about FM, my local store has a couple and they're plain.

I might pick up an extra (bought it at CC at release time) to collect.

y do ppl always wont non greatest hits AND NON PC games o
PPL stop fucking saying bb have GGC cause they dont

now it's time to grab a non GH copy and sit on it and watch the price become inflated down the road! :lol:

I had time to pass by 2 BBs this afternoon. Both stores didn't have any red stickers on the KH2 boxes, but the plastic boards behind the games did say "$19.99." All were non-GH.

[quote name='62t']but if Final Mix gets a US release then KH2 wont be worth much[/quote]

I didn't think it was "IF" but merely "when".

[quote name='donut']I didn't think it was "IF" but merely "when".[/quote]

But the previous Final Mix wasn't released here, was it?

This one was announced somewhere somewhen, I believe. I still don't know if the news that FM+ was being released here was wholly credible, though.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Unless they announce KH2 Final Mix for the US, I'm probably going to have to hit up a local Best Buy soon.[/QUOTE]

While that would be wonderful, it'll never happen :whistle2:(

Awesome, now it's time to pick it up. All I got left to get for the PS2 is God Of War II, Okami and GTA: Vice City Stories...I'll patiently wait for prices to drop....

The Best Buy in Gaithersburg, MD has about 7 copies of KHII non-GH label (obviously) left if anyone is in the area and wants to grab it for 19.99.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']That means there should still be non-GH copies in stores, right? Unless they announce KH2 Final Mix for the US, I'm probably going to have to hit up a local Best Buy soon.[/QUOTE]

So far, the only thing final mix seems to have that makes it worth purchasing the game again is the remake of Chain of Memories, which wasn't very good to begin with. Also, it's not hitting Japan until Fall, so if it does come out here, it will likely be in 2008.

[quote name='angrywolf']Awesome, now it's time to pick it up. All I got left to get for the PS2 is God Of War II, Okami and GTA: Vice City Stories...I'll patiently wait for prices to drop....[/QUOTE]

GTA: VCS is already $20. it came out to be $20.

[quote name='rebenns']So far, the only thing final mix seems to have that makes it worth purchasing the game again is the remake of Chain of Memories, which wasn't very good to begin with. Also, it's not hitting Japan until Fall, so if it does come out here, it will likely be in 2008.[/QUOTE]
If you are referring to Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, it is already out in Japan.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']But the previous Final Mix wasn't released here, was it?[/quote]

I heard the "Final Mix" extras were already included in the original PS2 U.S. version of Kingdom Hearts.

I'm waiting for the Final Mix edition to pick this up. With my huge backlog I can definitely wait for it.

[quote name='slateman666']The Best Buy in Gaithersburg, MD has about 7 copies of KHII non-GH label (obviously) left if anyone is in the area and wants to grab it for 19.99.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up!

I know i read somewhere that final mix would be out in the states so i gotta wait for that.

[quote name='trunks982']GTA: VCS is already $20. it came out to be $20.[/quote]
Yeah, but every once in a while Target drops the price of their $20 games to $15. I think CC might do that also. I'm willing to wait a year or two until that happens, heck, I got GTA III, VC, SA and LCS and the only one of those games I've played so far is GTA III:lol:

[quote name='Rozz']I heard the "Final Mix" extras were already included in the original PS2 U.S. version of Kingdom Hearts.

I'm waiting for the Final Mix edition to pick this up. With my huge backlog I can definitely wait for it.[/QUOTE]
the japanese final mix for the first KH got extra not in the US version.

[quote name='cag1000']Wasn't there a KH2 shiny cover limited edition?[/quote]
No. There has only been one version with foil cover...until the GH reprinted cover hits the stores.

Even if Final Mix comes here, how long will it be until it's in a CAG's price range? I'll take this now...

I am suprised that the final mix hasn't even been announced unless they are saving it for another console... maybe the Wii? Maybe releasing the first and second game for the Wii might cause a bigger stir and announcing a sequal for the Wii. I know Disney is VERY high on the Wii.

[quote name='CaoPi']did this game even sell well? more than the 1st one or?[/quote]

It was probably one of the best selling games in recent years...it sold a little more than 1 million copies in its first month of release. It should've gone GH around Christmas, but SquareEnix & Sony knew they could milk a few extra bucks at the $10 premium pricing for a few more months.

Sales will pick up again now that it's at the $20 mark.

Yeah, I'll be one of the "suckers". Im such a Kingdom Hearts whore that KH2 was the only game in the last 3 years that I bought full price the week it came out. Then about 4 months later, my house was broken into and it was stolen (fortunately, I had already beaten the game). However, I miss firing up my save file and whuppin on Sephy. I've been waiting for a $20 price point, and now, with the Gamepro coupon I can get it for $15 (score!)

BTW: I went to a BB in NoVA (Potomic Mills) and picked up a Gamepro to buy the subscription. However, the lady just gave me the mag for free (even after confirming with another sales associate). It's cool cause it was the latest issue with all the coupons. I dont know if this is a chainwide thing or what, but it seems like a good way to replace the ever-dwildling supply of GGCs. As per usual, YMMV.
cheers,

[quote name='Karyyk']Even if Final Mix comes here, how long will it be until it's in a CAG's price range? I'll take this now...[/quote]

It will most likely debut at $30, thus meaning we'll get sales on it in the $20-$30 range.

bread's done
Back