Best Buy Kingdom Hearts 2 19.99 PRICE DROP

willardhaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Now it's 14.99 w/ the Gamer Gift Card children.

I don' t know if it's been posted but:

PS2 ONLY
Marvel UA is 29.99
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses is 19.99
.Hack Rehash G.U. Long Title is 29.99
Kingdom Hearts 2 is 19.99

I was able to get to Best Buy today. I saw it on the shelf, non GH version, but it said $30. I did a price check at the register and it came up as $20, got it for $15 with the $5 off coupon.

Thanks CAG!

[quote name='Masterkyo']I really hope KH2: FM did not get ugly GH cover.[/QUOTE]

It's funny too: I've spent years gripping about the ugly GH/PC/PH packaging, but it's gotten even worse this gen. The 360 series is disgusting, IMO, and I just saw today the "Konami Best" version of Castlevania for the DS... it's laughably vile. Some people wonder why others care about the packaging... all I can say is that it's the same reason I like my towels to match, the wheels on my car to be the same, etc... I like conformity.... and nice color schemes :)

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I was able to get to Best Buy today. I saw it on the shelf, non GH version, but it said $30. I did a price check at the register and it came up as $20, got it for $15 with the $5 off coupon.

Thanks CAG![/quote]

Did the same thing last night....

[quote name='wampa8jedi']... I just saw today the "Konami Best" version of Castlevania for the DS... [/QUOTE]
My attitude about the whole Greatest Hits packaging thing is that I'm not looking at the case when I'm playing the game so why should I care.
However, that "Konami Best" Castlevania cover is spectacularly crappy. After seeing that, I'm starting to understand the other side of the debate.

all I can say is that it's the same reason I like my towels to match, the wheels on my car to be the same, etc... I like conformity.... and nice color schemes

lol for the longest time i couldnt explain why the GH bothered me. This is QFT.

Oh, shit. My Best Buy pulled all the non-GH copies and left only the GH editions out. :whistle2:(

The new one looks less shiny/less luster than the non-GH. Hopefully I'll find it at another BB or I might pony up the cash at GS.

I just picked up a non-GH version of it from Best Buy but I got the last copy. There are tons of the GH version of it and man is the cover awful. The cool shiny effect has been removed from it. I now wonder if the Final Mix version of the game will ever be released here now that its become a GH title. The only game that I've seen get a GH and then a better re-release was Virtual Fighter 4. VF4 has a GH release and shortly after that VF4 Evolution came out at a cheaper price with GH packaging.

[quote name='MadFlava']I just picked up a non-GH version of it from Best Buy but I got the last copy. There are tons of the GH version of it and man is the cover awful. The cool shiny effect has been removed from it. I now wonder if the Final Mix version of the game will ever be released here now that its become a GH title. The only game that I've seen get a GH and then a better re-release was Virtual Fighter 4. VF4 has a GH release and shortly after that VF4 Evolution came out at a cheaper price with GH packaging.[/QUOTE]

Shortly after is almost a year & a half?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']It's funny too: I've spent years gripping about the ugly GH/PC/PH packaging, but it's gotten even worse this gen. The 360 series is disgusting, IMO, and I just saw today the "Konami Best" version of Castlevania for the DS... it's laughably vile. Some people wonder why others care about the packaging... all I can say is that it's the same reason I like my towels to match, the wheels on my car to be the same, etc... I like conformity.... and nice color schemes :)[/quote]

That's the trade off/ risk you have to take when you're a cheap ass gamer. If you want the original packaging then you have to cough up the money to be assured you're going to get it. If we try and wait it out until GH status to save a few bucks then you take the risk of getting that packaging. It's all in what's most imprtant to you and your collection.

I picked up a copy at my local Best Buy in Sterling, VA. They had 3 copies left, all non-GH versions. Thanks for the tip OP!

I finally had a chance to hit BB today and all they had were the GH version. I completely agree that the GH packaging for this one is pretty ass-tastic. I decided to try Target next door and they still had around 6 copies of the original version. So I'm a happy camper. Thanks OP!

If the UPC for both version matched then you can get the game from BB for $15 and get the non-GH at other store at regular price and return the GH one the same day at other store.

[quote name='GoldenDragon']If the UPC for both version matched then you can get the game from BB for $15 and get the non-GH at other store at regular price and return the GH one the same day at other store.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did. Most Walmarts will still have the original release for around $30. Just swap it and return.

Just FYI, Fry's Electronics has also marked it down to $19.99. As of yesterday (4/5), the remaining copies they had in stock were NOT Greatest Hits.

bread's done
Back