Best Buy Madden '08 skills challenge (likely very YMMV)

dopa345

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Just a heads up, I was at my local Best Buy (Watertown, MA) and they were having a contest for a free Wii. Basically the first 150 to sign up have a chance to play the Wii Madden '08 QB skills challenge (you basically pass to receivers through hoops) with the highest score winning the Wii. I don't know if it was just a local promotion, but it was pretty big deal (they had Trey Wingo from ESPN on hand, free pizza and diet coke). In addition, the prize includes a $100 gift card to Papa John's and 2 cases of Coke Zero. I've never played Madden '08 in my life and I still ended up winning so I figure other CAG's would have a great shot at winning this if it was at your local Best Buy. They apparently had it last week too so I think it's a weekly promotion throughout the playoffs.

Just thought I'd give a heads up; this may only be in MA because of the Patriots but I wouldn't think they'd only do this at one Best Buy if they had ESPN and Papa John's sponsoring it.

Big grats to Cag JHo on his new Wii thanks to his brother. Is that you Dopa, or did they have this at more than one best buy?

Hey Gillums, yeah that was me. Perhaps this was only in Watertown. though that would be kind of odd one to pick, I'm sure there are bigger, higher profile stores around.

can anyone confirm this is for just mass? or what stores in mass? its like an hour drive for me to get into mass, and a free Wii would be worth it. I would bring my friends along who play madden since im not a football game fan.

[quote name='darksidechaos']can anyone confirm this is for just mass? or what stores in mass? its like an hour drive for me to get into mass, and a free Wii would be worth it. I would bring my friends along who play madden since im not a football game fan.[/quote]

This was for stores that have a team in the playoffs. So this past weekend it was at a store in the area of San Diego (El Cajon), NE, GB and NY. The next one should the day before the SB in 3 locations - the two cities that have teams in teh SB and a store in the area of te SB. NO OTHER LOCATIONS WILL HAVE THIS. The first week it went on it was a $250 gift card, the following weeks it was/will be the Wii used in the contest.

bread's done
Back